WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What’s a reasonable price for everyday drinking wine?
  • 49.2% - Under $10 461
  • 43.3% - $10-$15 406
  • 6.3% - $15-$20 59
  • 1.2% - More than $20 11
937 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

$2.

Yeah, you know the one.

BayBum38ft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BayBum38ft

I think this was an appropriate poll. Many good wines can be found for under $10. One example Costco has a Malbec that just came in for $6.99 a bottle, I bought a case.

chipgreen

quality posts: 186 Private Messages chipgreen
BayBum38ft wrote:I think this was an appropriate poll. Many good wines can be found for under $10. One example Costco has a Malbec that just came in for $6.99 a bottle, I bought a case.

I like your shirt! Yeah, you never know when you can hit gold for under $10, I recently had a $9.00 Argentinian Malbec ('09 Septima) that was delicious.

jimlj1715

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimlj1715
BayBum38ft wrote:I think this was an appropriate poll. Many good wines can be found for under $10. One example Costco has a Malbec that just came in for $6.99 a bottle, I bought a case.

I voted for 10-15 a bottle, but yeah, when I find a wine I like for under 10, I'll pounce on it.

kmagt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmagt

Costco has a Cameron Hughes Field Blend of Zinfandel, petite sirah and syrah for $8.99 that requires me to dig the smoker out this week end for some ribs...

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
chipgreen wrote:I like your shirt! Yeah, you never know when you can hit gold for under $10, I recently had a $9.00 Argentinian Malbec ('09 Septima) that was delicious.

This has been one of our weekday drinkers as well - consistent and a good buy.

You can find loads of deals on wines that drink very well - many from South America have been some of my personal 'best values'. Some Reds that come to mind that seem to be available in my area (NJ/NYC) and online ~$10 that delivered above average QPR:

2009 San Huberto Cabernet Sauvignon Roble Reserva (2009 Malbec Reserva is great as well) - 8.99 local

2009 Pompano Malbec (Nick Goldschmidt) - 9.99 online

2009 Finca Flichman Malbec Expresiones - 11.99 local

2007 Bodegas de la Real Divisa Marques de Legarda Rioja Crianza - 10.99 local / 11.99 online

You can find loads of good Prosecco, Cava and other sparkling wines around $10 as well. Anything that doesn't hit the mark gets mixed with orange or peach juice for fun breakfast drinks on a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning.

arismella

quality posts: 16 Private Messages arismella

Any other Costco finds? I always feel a little lost looking at a bunch of wines I've never heard of... (Definitely going to check out that malbec!)