2009 Sauvignon Blanc, North Coast
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
9/3/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua
bpr2 wrote:MONKEY!

yeah... seriously, I would have ordered this a second time just for that monkey!

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

No monkey. No Deal.

hookhams

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hookhams

I need the monkey - Wine would end up as a bonus!

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

the monkey sells it

pfffft!

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

screw the monkey, I want to know if it comes with the lady on the label!!!

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

StarM

quality posts: 20 Private Messages StarM

Anybody have this recently? Even in South Texas (where we drink whites pretty much year round -- hit mid 80's already in 2013) our white consumption slows down. Concerned about its age.

"We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, and which incorporates itself with the grapes, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Benjamin Franklin

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

I am also somewhat concerned about the age on this one. SB isn't made to age like most other crisp whites and I am curious how much life this wine really has left.

CT

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua
jhkey wrote:screw the monkey, I want to know if it comes with the lady on the label!!!

yes the lady will be on the label when it shows up.... have you ever seen "my life as a dog"? don't be that boy.....

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
cortot20 wrote:I am also somewhat concerned about the age on this one. SB isn't made to age like most other crisp whites and I am curious how much life this wine really has left.

I have the same question. Waiting for the answer before I hit the buy button. Any help with this out there?

ckzinckzin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ckzinckzin
cortot20 wrote:I am also somewhat concerned about the age on this one. SB isn't made to age like most other crisp whites and I am curious how much life this wine really has left.

I served it last night with a braised chicken (smoked paprika) with lemons and olives - guests loved the wine with the meal and we even had some before with dukka and bread

Had the wine with raw oysters last month - yummy

ckzinckzin

bookofjoshua wrote:yes the lady will be on the label when it shows up.... have you ever seen "my life as a dog"? don't be that boy.....

I love the lady on the label - reminds me of my mom

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen

Check out the link for the previous offer in Cesare's post (or just click HERE), there is a fairly lengthy discussion about the wine, including aging. Apparently the winemakers were introduced to wine.woot by Jon from Inspiration Vineyards and he answers a host of questions in that thread.

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
ckzinckzin wrote:I served it last night with a braised chicken (smoked paprika) with lemons and olives - guests loved the wine with the meal and we even had some before with dukka and bread

Had the wine with raw oysters last month - yummy

Oh! Speaking of winemakers.... welcome back!

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Went for $69.99 back on Sept. 3, 2012, so it is $3 less today. Not much off but still less.
Plenty of remarks made at that time,
http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5150071

I was (and still am just a little) concerned with the age of this wine but one has said they just had it and it was fine so I am going to take the chance. Also, the contributions to our servicemen and women helps me in deciding to pull the trigger. Don't really want 6 at this age but wife will take care of two over the next couple months and I figure the others will be great to take over to a friends for dinner. In for one.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

Cute monkey!!

ckzinckzin

charliecarroll wrote:Went for $69.99 back on Sept. 3, 2012, so it is $3 less today. Not much off but still less.
Plenty of remarks made at that time,
http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5150071

I was (and still am just a little) concerned with the age of this wine but one has said they just had it and it was fine so I am going to take the chance. Also, the contributions to our servicemen and women helps me in deciding to pull the trigger. Don't really want 6 at this age but wife will take care of two over the next couple months and I figure the others will be great to take over to a friends for dinner. In for one.

Thanks for your support - I think you will find the wine has plenty of great flavor

MuteDeCute

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MuteDeCute
bookofjoshua wrote:yeah... seriously, I would have ordered this a second time just for that monkey!

hookhams wrote:I need the monkey - Wine would end up as a bonus!

I have extra stars & stripes caped woot monkeys for sale. Send a pm if interested.

Arista07

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Arista07

Gave this a go because I wanted something light with some acid that should evoke feelings of "Spring" this Winter. Shelf life really isn't an issue seeing as I expect this wine to be gone in a little over a month. That is, if it ships that soon. I noticed the Zin for sale today denotes 3-5 days shipping and so I wondered if I overlooked that tidbit for the sauvignon blanc? I have a ton of reds but no whites for my wine tasting at the top of March, so I hope it gets here by then.