WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Celebrate Washington

This Presidents Day, I'm going all out with my love for George Washington. I'm starting my day by chopping down a cherry tree, followed by sipping on this Washington wine, and then I'm going to sleep in a bed full of dollar bills. I'm not gonna hand over money and a cherry tree, but this wine should get you well on your way to a similar celebration.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Had a RBW Malbec last night, what a good bottle of wine.

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

Everything in the Gilbert 3-pack I ordered from Woot awhile back was excellent. Definitely recommend the winery, but can't really speak about this particular offering.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

I have bought Gilbert every time it has been on Woot..great stuff!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

lorf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lorf

A great Malbec? That sounds promising, does anyone know how it compares to an Argentinian Malbec? I'm guessing its more fruit forward.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
fredrinaldi wrote:Had a RBW Malbec last night, what a good bottle of wine.

Wait! It's not a cab...
You had a, what?

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20

Any notes on how these washington wines will be shipped.
Cali wines typically from fedex from the WW warehouse but washington wines may not. Are these coming UPS, Fedex, or pumpkin chucker?

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rjquillin wrote:Wait! It's not a cab...
You had a, what?

He got sick of listening to Kyle...

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
North316 wrote:He got sick of listening to Kyle...

I agree with North.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jcarlton03

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03

Dare I ask about the Secret White?

I know it got a lashing for giving no specs, but I don't see much on people who have actually tasted this stuff... Anyone out there have some tasting notes?

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
jcarlton03 wrote:Dare I ask about the Secret White?

I know it got a lashing for giving no specs, but I don't see much on people who have actually tasted this stuff... Anyone out there have some tasting notes?

People may have tasting notes, but they're secret.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

You had a, what?

hah, so true.

fredrinaldi

You had a, what?

LOL I was shocked how much I liked it, might get a little bold and try some of the Sangiovese I bought on WW.
I still have 3 RBW Malbec left, but might have get some more here

jcarlton03

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03
kylemittskus wrote:People may have tasting notes, but they're secret.

I guess I walked right into this one...

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

threemoons

quality posts: 19 Private Messages threemoons

I just restocked the ol' wine cellar (actually the spare space on the top of my crappy Ikea stereo stand) but if I had more $$ and space I would most def go for the Raised by Wolves. Very good stuff.

fredrinaldi

Received my case of The Climber Red Wine today, @ $7.50 a bottle ...surprisingly good

cortot20

cortot20 wrote:Any notes on how these washington wines will be shipped.
Cali wines typically from fedex from the WW warehouse but washington wines may not. Are these coming UPS, Fedex, or pumpkin chucker?

Come in ground control...........is this thing on?

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
cortot20 wrote:Come in ground control...........is this thing on?

All the WA and OR wines I've ordered have originated in their home states with the usual FedEx shipping.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

Raised by *wolves*? *Winter* reds? Are they direwolves by chance? It gets mighty cold on the wall, these reds will help.

pfffft!

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
chipgreen wrote:All the WA and OR wines I've ordered have originated in their home states with the usual FedEx shipping.

I had to pass on one of the earlier Gard offerings a few woots ago when she was shipping UPS. I think the last two were FedEx so I was finally able to try one of those.

cortot20 wrote:Come in ground control...........is this thing on?

So yes, how ~are~ these going to ship.

CT

true559

quality posts: 25 Private Messages true559
fredrinaldi wrote:Received my case of The Climber Red Wine today, @ $7.50 a bottle ...surprisingly good

Agreed. I would buy again. Best QPR on woot so far. I thought the Dusted Valley Boomtown offered here was suprisingly good as well. I've been wanting to try some RBW but always seem to miss out. They are well received here on woot, so I'm in for one.

cortot20

rjquillin wrote:So yes, how ~are~ these going to ship.

Seriously temped by the Gilbert cellars, I had one bottle out of the mixed pack a year or two ago that I gifted to my brother and really enjoyed it. But if it is shipped ups, forget it, it's a huge pain hunting the bottles down since there is no redirect option and the warehouse is a ways away from me.

CT

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny
fredrinaldi wrote:LOL I was shocked how much I liked it, might get a little bold and try some of the Sangiovese I bought on WW.
I still have 3 RBW Malbec left, but might have get some more here

What is your opinion of the RBW Malbec vs the Cab? I tried these side by side at jmdavidson's gathering this past fall and fell in love with the Malbec. I'm wondering if I should give the CS another try or see if someone in the Chicagoland area would want it.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

chipgreen

I'd be interested to hear how the '10 Cab compares to the '09 Cab that everyone raved about, since the fruit was sourced from a different vineyard for the '10.

fredrinaldi

funbunny wrote:What is your opinion of the RBW Malbec vs the Cab? I tried these side by side at jmdavidson's gathering this past fall and fell in love with the Malbec. I'm wondering if I should give the CS another try or see if someone in the Chicagoland area would want it.

Ill let you tomorrow, gonna open another Malbec & Cab and do my own Side by side, But Ill tell you this... that damn bottle of Melbec knocked me back on my heels
It's not like ANY other Malbec I have tried before, just amazing.

fredrinaldi

chipgreen wrote:I'd be interested to hear how the '10 Cab compares to the '09 Cab that everyone raved about, since the fruit was sourced from a different vineyard for the '10.

I'll try a 10 instead of a 09 on my side by side tonight.

funbunny

fredrinaldi wrote:Ill let you tomorrow, gonna open another Malbec & Cab and do my own Side by side, But Ill tell you this... that damn bottle of Melbec knocked me back on my heels
It's not like ANY other Malbec I have tried before, just amazing.

Thanks Fred, I appreciate the on the scene reporting.

fredrinaldi

early evening in Manhattan Beach Calie 70 degrees in paradise.
the 2010 cab isn't the 2009, but still a solid Cab. Compared to the 2010 Malbec so different can't even describe them, The Malbec is a more robust wine, but still prefer my Cab over the Malbec, but wouldn't kick the Malbec to the curb.
have a good night my WW Friends.

chipgreen

fredrinaldi wrote:early evening in Manhattan Beach Calie 70 degrees in paradise.
the 2010 cab isn't the 2009, but still a solid Cab. Compared to the 2010 Malbec so different can't even describe them, The Malbec is a more robust wine, but still prefer my Cab over the Malbec, but wouldn't kick the Malbec to the curb.

Thanks Fred!

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
true559 wrote:Agreed. I would buy again. Best QPR on woot so far. I thought the Dusted Valley Boomtown offered here was suprisingly good as well. I've been wanting to try some RBW but always seem to miss out. They are well received here on woot, so I'm in for one.

Disagree on The Climber. Found it simply unremarkable. An "OK" tablewine, and definitely in the $5-$8 "Trader Joe's" category. So, OK price, but not a great QPR.
Would love to know what you and Fred liked about it - maybe I just did not have the right food with it? shrugs.

funbunny

fredrinaldi wrote:early evening in Manhattan Beach Calie 70 degrees in paradise.

Thanks Fred. I think I'll give the Cab another try with my full attention instead of just a tasting.

cortot20

andreaserben wrote:Disagree on The Climber. Found it simply unremarkable. An "OK" tablewine, and definitely in the $5-$8 "Trader Joe's" category. So, OK price, but not a great QPR.
Would love to know what you and Fred liked about it - maybe I just did not have the right food with it? shrugs.

I felt that previous climber releases drank nicely in the $15 range but with the label redesign and the lower price from the winery it became more of a $10 table wine, which I might add I am fine with because when I find a nice table wine at that price I usually load up. Trader joes can be very hit or miss at that same price point, at least buying through here you'll find the wines have been vetted for quality up front.

CT

fredrinaldi

After my little taste test last night I'm in for 6 more of each, Happy to report I still have a case of the 09,.... thats a special wine.

raisedbywolves

quality posts: 34 Private Messages raisedbywolves
cortot20 wrote:Any notes on how these washington wines will be shipped.

Everything will be going out FEDEX Ground.

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek

*Budgets buying LOTS of Washington wine*

*Orders salmon from Pike's Place Market*

*Has exclusive Washingtonians only party in Florida*

Looks like February will be an expensive month.

thenativesarerestless

quality posts: 8 Private Messages thenativesarerestless

couldn't resist.
just popped open the malbec (RBW) -

HAD to order another round.

this and the cab - delightful!!!

bardolator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bardolator

Anybody in the Tampa, FL area interested I splitting an order of the Raised By Wolves? I'm probably going to have to make a sudden trip out of state--no idea when--and would be gone a week, so I can't risk ordering. Drop me a note if interested!

manny651

quality posts: 1 Private Messages manny651
bardolator wrote:Anybody in the Tampa, FL area interested I splitting an order of the Raised By Wolves? I'm probably going to have to make a sudden trip out of state--no idea when--and would be gone a week, so I can't risk ordering. Drop me a note if interested!

Hey bardolator, I'm getting the RBW and am in Tampa. Let me know if you want to take a few bottles off my hand. I'd send you a PM but have no idea how to do so.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
manny651 wrote:Hey bardolator, I'm getting the RBW and am in Tampa. Let me know if you want to take a few bottles off my hand. I'd send you a PM but have no idea how to do so.

Click on the envelope icon to the upper right-hand side of their avatar.