cortot20

quality posts: 153 Private Messages cortot20
TyCaton wrote:Can you send me the pic? Hope your family is doing well.

I have it at home and can forward it later tonight. My favorite part is the very purple teeth.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
fredrinaldi wrote:Thanks Ty for adding more, I just Jumped on this based on the reviews..Yay

Stepping out of your comfort zone again. Nice!

Look out tonight.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi
North316 wrote:Still wasn't necessary to delete people's posts!

You noticed too, my post about a new offering was deleted

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi
kylemittskus wrote:Stepping out of your comfort zone again. Nice!

Look out tonight.

Had to with all the great post & love, don't think I'll regret it I also like his wines

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I only deleted (I think) the comments about sold out so my comment would move to the first page for those returning to figure out what's going on.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

chenchr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chenchr

So tempting, but just bought the Orange Crusher last week. Decision, Decision, Decision..

mikepers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikepers

In for two. Thanks Ty for putting some more up, I would've been bummed if I'd missed it.

This was in the 3-pack back in August. Really enjoyed it then.

I also enjoyed the Cab from that pack but the Upper Bench Merlot really surprised me. It was excellent. Much better then I was expecting. (I don't usually drink Merlot)

Hmm, I'm thinking it might be time to join the TC wine club.

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman

Would love to go in, especially at this price, but I'm really really trying to rein things in. So I'll take one off somebody's hands if they want, or I'll go without for now. Not like I'm short on wine.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec
klezman wrote:Would love to go in, especially at this price, but I'm really really trying to rein things in. So I'll take one off somebody's hands if they want, or I'll go without for now. Not like I'm short on wine.

Would love one also.

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Would love to go in, especially at this price, but I'm really really trying to rein things in. So I'll take one off somebody's hands if they want, or I'll go without for now. Not like I'm short on wine.

Done, one for you!
Don't let me forget.

CT

jsp872

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jsp872

In for two
Since its tax and bonus time lol
Here is the link to the full list of wines in $40 and over Syrah category.
2013 SF Wine Competition $40 & Over Syrah Category

To be honest... I didn't know so many wines make it on the list,
but I'm in for 2 regardless, awesome price!! Thanks Ty

jslagter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jslagter

So glad this reappeared. Have never had anything other than incredible wines from Ty Caton!!!!! Just wish we could order by the case at this price!

bjwca

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bjwca
rmm989 wrote:
IMO the syrahs from Ty Caton drink well right away. I'd be much more likely to drink these now than the cabs or his other wines.

Very interesting observation. My favorite Cab of ALL TIME was Ty's 2003 CS, which I drank in 2009 to 2011 . I recently had Ty's 2010 Cab, and hopefully it just wasn't ready yet, because it fell far short of the 2003. Ty's Petit Verdot & Ty's Red have all drank very nicely at 1-3 years IMO. I love Ty's wine, so I hope you are correct on the Cabs taking a few more years.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 208 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry about the problem with the sale. It's been restarted. And thank you, TY, for coming through.

funny pic. thanks Ty.

yorknh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh

Bought this for 2 reasons, one of which will probably go unnoticed, but whatever.

Reason 1. I really like the Ty's Red I had and wanted to try a different offering.

Reason 2. I want NH to be the reddest on the map to show all those other quality winemakers that can't be bothered with NH licensing that if you make it available to us, we will buy.

rmm989

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rmm989
bjwca wrote:Very interesting observation. My favorite Cab of ALL TIME was Ty's 2003 CS, which I drank in 2009 to 2011 . I recently had Ty's 2010 Cab, and hopefully it just wasn't ready yet, because it fell far short of the 2003. Ty's Petit Verdot & Ty's Red have all drank very nicely at 1-3 years IMO. I love Ty's wine, so I hope you are correct on the Cabs taking a few more years.

that 2003 cab was my first woot

I think these dont benefit as much, all are drinkable. I try to not drink them young as much anymore, so I don't know about the 2010.

That 2003 was amazing though, had no idea how expensive they were until we only had 1 bottle left.

CT

itsernst

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itsernst

I just bought one based solely on this thread...i look forward to it!

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

Well I sure am glad I decided to check back on the comments! One coming my way. Thanks Ty!
Cheers!

Last Wooter to Woot:cynthylee
Last Purchase:a few seconds ago

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

I have way too much wine right now too, but I bought anyway, so if you want to purch one of my 3, we can add that to the Sojourn duo.

marahuber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marahuber

Titanium our first Ty Caton wine purchased on Woot and became our favorite from that moment on! Thanks for refilling my glass!

marahuber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marahuber

Looking forward to the Syrah! Our first Ty Caton wine was TyTanium, purchased on Woot. Been a fan since then! In for 2...

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen

last call, again...

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1

Glad I took a peek again....listed again, this time smart enough to hit the flashing yellow button. Now I have to be prepared for the wrath of SWMBO.

kylemittskus

time2testit wrote:I have way too much wine right now too, but I bought anyway, so if you want to purch one of my 3, we can add that to the Sojourn duo.

Please report to the SoCal thread. Ron, you too.

cortot20

quality posts: 153 Private Messages cortot20

Ok. Now we have 10 hours left. What to do......

CT

Nate650

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650

Crap, it's gone.

Searayjim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Searayjim

Geez, I've bought so much lately I tried to stay away, and look what I missed.

I have a buddy with a cooler bigger than mine...I have no excuse not to over buy and stock his too.

toottoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toottoot

Boohoohoo. Can I haz sum plz?

time2testit

kylemittskus wrote:Please report to the SoCal thread. Ron, you too.

It's been a long day, what SoCal thread?

kylemittskus

time2testit wrote:It's been a long day, what SoCal thread?

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5315145&pageindex=1&replycount=34

time2testit

kylemittskus wrote:http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5315145&pageindex=1&replycount=34

Oh, you meant about the get together. I thought you meant there was some fancy thread for SoCal people to trade wine.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
ThunderThighs wrote:I only deleted (I think) the comments about sold out so my comment would move to the first page for those returning to figure out what's going on.

Doh - so what was going on exactly? I did not check back after seeing it was sold out in the morning (no reason to check back). Maybe you guys should send an email out in those cases so that people get the info?

pfajardo19

quality posts: 9 Private Messages pfajardo19

Can anyone tell me why Ty Caton wines are so well regarded in the Woot community, but pretty marginalized and downgraded in the CT community (08' avg 85, 09' avg 88.2 and 06' avg 89). From the comments here, I would expect much higher CT scores. The comments from CT and Woot make it seem like these are two totally different wines. Same is true for other Ty Caton offerings on Woot. Anyone have any insight into why the comments are so divergent? I've never seen so much discrepancy in scores for any wine ever listed here.

come2thedarkside

kylemittskus

pfajardo19 wrote:Can anyone tell me why Ty Caton wines are so well regarded in the Woot community, but pretty marginalized and downgraded in the CT community (08' avg 85, 09' avg 88.2 and 06' avg 89). From the comments here, I would expect much higher CT scores. The comments from CT and Woot make it seem like these are two totally different wines. Same is true for other Ty Caton offerings on Woot. Anyone have any insight into why the comments are so divergent? I've never seen so much discrepancy in scores for any wine ever listed here.

Because scores are pretty meaningless unless you know the scorer's palate pretty well. Also, Ty's wines need a couple years to integrate, in my experience. I haven't read the comments, but that may be the issue.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
pfajardo19 wrote:Can anyone tell me why Ty Caton wines are so well regarded in the Woot community, but pretty marginalized and downgraded in the CT community (08' avg 85, 09' avg 88.2 and 06' avg 89). From the comments here, I would expect much higher CT scores. The comments from CT and Woot make it seem like these are two totally different wines. Same is true for other Ty Caton offerings on Woot. Anyone have any insight into why the comments are so divergent? I've never seen so much discrepancy in scores for any wine ever listed here.

People drink to early + rising prices = lower scores.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

lrbuchanan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lrbuchanan
yorknh wrote:Bought this for 2 reasons, one of which will probably go unnoticed, but whatever.

Reason 1. I really like the Ty's Red I had and wanted to try a different offering.

Reason 2. I want NH to be the reddest on the map to show all those other quality winemakers that can't be bothered with NH licensing that if you make it available to us, we will buy.

HIGH FIVE for Reason 2. Live Free and Drink Good Wine!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
pfajardo19 wrote:Can anyone tell me why Ty Caton wines are so well regarded in the Woot community, but pretty marginalized and downgraded in the CT community (08' avg 85, 09' avg 88.2 and 06' avg 89). From the comments here, I would expect much higher CT scores. The comments from CT and Woot make it seem like these are two totally different wines. Same is true for other Ty

Caton offerings on Woot. Anyone have any insight into why the comments are so divergent? I've never seen so much discrepancy in scores for any wine ever listed here.

Well, an interesting question that boils down to preference. Ty is the epitome of New World wines and many peeps dig it. I enjoy NW wines as well but have not found Ty to my liking except the Tytanium which I would pay $30 per bottle not the $80 list or whatever. Moreover, Ty has been on these boards quite a bit so he has built that relationship. Another example is Stillman. Cool winemaker that always jumps on board (which I alwys appreciate) but his wines do nothing for me. I suggest you order a Ty offer and judge for yourself. Maybe this post will make sense then. Lol

"The older I get the better I was"

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen

85-89 = "Very Good to Excellent", according to the rating guidelines provided by CT.

Just sayin'....

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Yeah. I thought I'd posted something clever too. :-(

Sold out AGAIN for me. This just wasn't my day. :-(

Que syrah sera non.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

PTommins

quality posts: 7 Private Messages PTommins

Ugggg. My wine was delivered yesterday damaged. Who ships to Minnesota in the Wintertime with just the normal cardboard bottle sleeves? I would think they would use the styrofoam at a minimum.

My first damaged Woot delivery ever and it had to be my Ty. I'm bummed.