rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
chipgreen wrote:1 is the loneliest number.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

A bit late with this one. Sorry.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen
ddeuddeg wrote:A bit late with this one. Sorry.

WOOT! WOOT!

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
sdilullo wrote:Uno!

We're planning on leaving Dayton between 3:30 and 4:00 tomorrow.

Yup, more than half of my wife's relatives live around Syracuse.

And I work for a company that used to employ lots of people in Rochester...

Gotta make sure we touch base so that you'll have met the Buffalo connection.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Might be a bit of weather to drive through, but we're pretty intrepid. See you in about 8 hours.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo

It's obviously far less disheartening to simply not track these things. That said, I've been following what I eat closely as of late and thought I might as well share this in case any of you are too.

Here are my rough calculations for tonight's dinner, courtesy of MyFitnessPal:

- 2,900 calories
- 61g fat
- 192g carbs
- 40g sugar
- 208g protein
- 3,900mg sodium

Main caveats are:
1. I just found the closest food match to what's on the menu; it's not an exact calculation
2. I have no idea if portion sizes are even remotely accurate (though I did use my best judgement)

None of this is going to change the fact that we'll be gorging on food and wine tonight, of course!

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 255
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1
sdilullo wrote:It's obviously far less disheartening to simply not track these things. That said, I've been following what I eat closely as of late and thought I might as well share this in case any of you are too.

Here are my rough calculations for tonight's dinner, courtesy of MyFitnessPal:

- 2,900 calories
- 61g fat
- 192g carbs
- 40g sugar
- 208g protein
- 3,900mg sodium

Main caveats are:
1. I just found the closest food match to what's on the menu; it's not an exact calculation
2. I have no idea if portion sizes are even remotely accurate (though I did use my best judgement)

None of this is going to change the fact that we'll be gorging on food and wine tonight, of course!

Just don't share this with the ladies at the table....until tomorrow morning!I'm not going to tell me my wife or my friend's wife until after we leave the Tulipan Hungarian Pastry Shop tomorrow.
Looking forward to a fun evening of meeting fellow Wooters, good food, great wine, and Scott and Jana's hospitality.

chipgreen

mrn1 wrote:Just don't share this with the ladies at the table....until tomorrow morning!I'm not going to tell me my wife or my friend's wife until after we leave the Tulipan Hungarian Pastry Shop tomorrow.
Looking forward to a fun evening of meeting fellow Wooters, good food, great wine, and Scott and Jana's hospitality.

Yes! See you all there, have to go finish getting ready....

sdilullo

chipgreen wrote:Yes! See you all there, have to go finish getting ready....

That be the plan.

See y'all soon!

my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

bahwm

Hopefully, about another hour on the road.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

We're here! Now for a nap!

rjquillin

From the dearth of post dinner comments, it would seem all had a jolly-merrie time and are in extended recovery mode.

CT

bahwm

rjquillin wrote:From the dearth of post dinner comments, it would seem all had a jolly-merrie time and are in extended recovery mode.

Roger that. The last of us left the library about 3 AM after having a phenomenal dinner with copious amounts of wine. The chef got real creative with his food prep this year and it showed off his exceptional talent.

In the library, we tasted some nicely aged wines, including a 1973 Franciscan Burgundy, compliments of chipgreen. It was still drinking nicely for its age. Scott Harvey knows the winemaker and shared with us some interesting background about this gentleman and the winery.

More details to follow.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bahwm wrote:Roger that. The last of us left the library about 3 AM after having a phenomenal dinner with copious amounts of wine. The chef got real creative with his food prep this year and it showed off his exceptional talent.

In the library, we tasted some nicely aged wines, including a 1973 Franciscan Burgundy, compliments of chipgreen. It was still drinking nicely for its age. Scott Harvey knows the winemaker and shared with us some interesting background about this gentleman and the winery.

More details to follow.

bawhm was the only one diligently taking pictures of the wines at the afterparty, so I expect those pictures to be posted at some point, and I will certainly chime in on my impressions of the wines.

The evening was great, the food even better than last year. Scott and Jana were amazing hosts as usually, and it was great to meet some additional wooters.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

chipgreen

rjquillin wrote:From the dearth of post dinner comments, it would seem all had a jolly-merrie time and are in extended recovery mode.

Indeed

sdilullo

bahwm wrote:Roger that. The last of us left the library about 3 AM after having a phenomenal dinner with copious amounts of wine. The chef got real creative with his food prep this year and it showed off his exceptional talent.

More details to follow.

I can't disagree with anything in this statement!

Great company, exceptional food, delicious wine - perfect evening overall.

Notes on the Sauvignon Blanc are up in today's thread, too!

chipgreen

Thanks to everyone who made it to Wooster from both near and far! Although I'd much rather be visiting Scott and Jana in CA, how cool is it that they make the yearly trek to OH?

It was immensely enjoyable to hang out with all of you. Especially with such great hosts, delicious food and fantastic wines to go along with the great company. Can't wait 'til next year!

chipgreen

rjquillin wrote:

Three Dog Night was my first concert ever, in 1974, at Blossom Music Center. I was 12 years old and it was also the first time I ever got drunk. Three cans of Blatz beer was enough to do the job, lol. We had lawn seats which cost $4. Yes, $4. When I went back a couple years later to see The Steve Miller Band, lawn seats had gone up to $5. What a ripoff!

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:Three Dog Night was my first concert ever, in 1974, at Blossom Music Center. I was 12 years old and it was also the first time I ever got drunk. Three cans of Blatz beer was enough to do the job, lol. We had lawn seats which cost $4. Yes, $4. When I went back a couple years later to see The Steve Miller Band, lawn seats had gone up to $5. What a ripoff!

Worked Blossom a few times, mid 70's. Nice venue.

CT

chipgreen

rjquillin wrote:Worked Blossom a few times, mid 70's. Nice venue.

It's still there and there's a winery right across the street from it. You should come back for a visit some time!

sdilullo

chipgreen wrote:Three Dog Night was my first concert ever, in 1974, at Blossom Music Center. I was 12 years old and it was also the first time I ever got drunk. Three cans of Blatz beer was enough to do the job, lol. We had lawn seats which cost $4. Yes, $4. When I went back a couple years later to see The Steve Miller Band, lawn seats had gone up to $5. What a ripoff!

My dad worked there sometime around then...

Err, strike that. He worked at the Coliseum.

chipgreen

sdilullo wrote:My dad worked there sometime around then...

Err, strike that. He worked at the Coliseum.

The Richfield Coliseum was an excellent venue for the Cavaliers and assorted professional Cleveland hockey teams (and the Cleveland Force indoor soccer team). It was perfectly located to draw in the Akron/Canton/Youngstown crowd as well as Clevelanders.

Unfortunately the acoustics were horrible so it wasn't very good for concerts but I still saw 15-20 of them there, my first of which was Zeppelin in '77 performing "Song Remains the Same" in its entirety.

I bought this concert shirt which was reissued and became popular with the kiddies about 5 years ago.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:The Richfield Coliseum was an excellent venue for the Cavaliers and assorted professional Cleveland hockey teams (and the Cleveland Force indoor soccer team). It was perfectly located to draw in the Akron/Canton/Youngstown crowd as well as Clevelanders.

Unfortunately the acoustics were horrible so it wasn't very good for concerts but I still saw 15-20 of them there, my first of which was Zeppelin in '77 performing "Song Remains the Same" in its entirety.

I bought this concert shirt which was reissued and became popular with the kiddies about 5 years ago.

I was negative 6 years old in '77. I do love Zeppelin though.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

chipgreen

North316 wrote:I was negative 6 years old in '77. I do love Zeppelin though.

Whippersnapper!

rjquillin

North316 wrote:I was negative 6 years old in '77. I do love Zeppelin though.

Red, Black or Pink, Stillman makes some good juice. Having grown up with Zepp, you guys are making me feel like a fossil.

CT

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1

Well, my first Woot Event was everything I had hoped for and LOTS more. Great food, GREAT wines from Scott & Jana,great conversations with everyone there, nice to sample some of the special wines others had brought and let them sample mine. It was nice to be able to put real names and faces with those Ohio Wooters I have followed here on the Woot Community pages. Just hope the powers at be at Woot don't screw up the great thing they have built.

Chipgreen...my 1st Blossom concert was Steve Miller...was that '76? North316....in '77 I was graduating from college....the rest will remain under wraps!

So glad to meet all of you....look forward to our next encounter!

chipgreen

mrn1 wrote:Well, my first Woot Event was everything I had hoped for and LOTS more. Great food, GREAT wines from Scott & Jana,great conversations with everyone there, nice to sample some of the special wines others had brought and let them sample mine. It was nice to be able to put real names and faces with those Ohio Wooters I have followed here on the Woot Community pages. Just hope the powers at be at Woot don't screw up the great thing they have built.

Chipgreen...my 1st Blossom concert was Steve Miller...was that '76? North316....in '77 I was graduating from college....the rest will remain under wraps!

So glad to meet all of you....look forward to our next encounter!

Agree with everything you said and yes, I believe that Steve Miller concert was 1976, right after his Fly Like an Eagle album.

Yet another of my youthful misadventures as I got drunk and separated from my group, couldn't find the car, passed out under a pine tree and lost my concert shirt. I did eventually locate my sister, her date and my two friends, once almost everyone had gone home and there were like 4-5 cars left in the whole place.