chipgreen

quality posts: 177 Private Messages chipgreen

Hoping to get together with some fellow wooters to once again enjoy a winemaker's dinner with Scott & Jana Harvey at the Wooster Inn.

EVENT: Winemaker's Dinner w Scott and Jana Harvey at the Wooster Inn - 801 East Wayne Ave. Wooster, OH 44691 ph: 330-263-2660
DATE: Friday, April 19, 2013 7:00pm EST
COST: $65.00 + Tax and Gratuity per person
RESERVATIONS: Must be made in advance by calling the Wooster Inn at 330-263-2660 Ask to be seated with the WW (wine.woot) group.
LODGING: Discounted rooms are available at The Wooster Inn for those attending the dinner. Only $65.00 + tax to stay overnight at the Inn. Book your room while making your dinner reservation. (Apparently the $65 rooms are sold out but they still have some $80 rooms available)
AFTER DINNER: Last year we were lucky enough to get an opportunity to taste even more wines with Scott and Jana after the dinner. We then tasted even more wines back in the hotel room. We will likely be doing additional tasting of some sort again this year, even if only amongst ourselves, so feel free to bring a bottle or two to share if you like!

Please respond here if you are planning to attend or thinking about attending, along with the number of people in your group. Hope to see many of you there!

DEFINITELY:
chipgreen (Dave)
chipgreen's +1 (Nancy)
chipgreen's +2 (Tim)
chipgreen's +3 (Carol)
North316
North316's +1
bahwm
ddeuddeg
sdilullo
sdilullo's +1
mrn1 (Mark)
mrn1's +1 (Charlene)
mrn1's +2 (Jane)
mrn1's +3 (Bill)
laguar1 (John)
laguar1's +1 (Meghan)

MAYBE:
p2002
jdcamp
jdcamp's +1
boatman72
Daystar

REGRETS:

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Add me to the definites +1. Barring some strange un-forseen circumstance we should be there. The discounted room at the inn is a bonus, I'll have to reserve soon so that doesn't fill. Maybe we should inquire to see if they would let us use the other room (the one we did the additional tastings in) after the dinner just to hang out and share our wines. Might even be able to get Scott and Jana to join us?

Btw, not that is an issue, but isn't this a slight increase in price for the dinner over last year? I seem to recall that last year the $65 included tax and tip, but maybe I am misstaken?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

chipgreen

Yeah, it'll be great to stay at the Inn this time. Last year the rooms were all booked because there was a big meeting of the trustees for the College of Wooster that evening. The dinner is still the same re: tax & gratuity, I looked up the discussion thread from last year to double check.

I think they have 2-3 side rooms like the one we tasted in after dinner last year so it shouldn't be an issue getting them to let us do some additional tasting there, especially if Scott & Jana stick around. Maybe we can even arrange for some upcoming woot wines to be made available to NOT labrat.

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm

Hey Chip! Thanks for doing the legwork and starting the thread! I just made our dinner reservations and hotel reservations at the Inn for both ddeuddeg & me. Please add us to the definites.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg

We may need to get to bed a bit earlier than last time. We have to be back in Buffalo for a major black tie event Saturday evening. And I'm definitely giving some serious thought to taking Friday off so we can get there on time for once.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
ddeuddeg wrote:We may need to get to bed a bit earlier than last time. We have to be back in Buffalo for a major black tie event Saturday evening. And I'm definitely giving some serious thought to taking Friday off so we can get there on time for once.

Oh, black tie he says? It always takes longer to get ready for one of those!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

chipgreen

bahwm wrote:Hey Chip! Thanks for doing the legwork and starting the thread! I just made our dinner reservations and hotel reservations at the Inn for both ddeuddeg & me. Please add us to the definites.

Awesome, look forward to seeing you both again and thanks for showing me how to set up one of these event threads last year, and also for wootlegging some orange wine!

chipgreen

ddeuddeg wrote:We may need to get to bed a bit earlier than last time. We have to be back in Buffalo for a major black tie event Saturday evening. And I'm definitely giving some serious thought to taking Friday off so we can get there on time for once.

It was pretty late last year, I don't remember exactly... 3:00-3:30ish?
The only reason I wasn't hungover at breakfast the next morning was because I was still drunk!

ddeuddeg

chipgreen wrote:Awesome, look forward to seeing you both again and thanks for showing me how to set up one of these event threads last year, and also for wootlegging some orange wine!

Always glad to be of service to fellow wooters.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

chipgreen

ddeuddeg wrote:Always glad to be of service to fellow wooters.

I wouldn't even have thought to ask if you hadn't made a wootleg offer for another recent deal (that I can't recall now) which didn't ship to OH so thanks again!

North316

Just bumping this back up.

My CT

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1

Add me and SWMBO to the maybe list. After I finalize some other travel plans I can either have us moved up the the YES list or taken off the list. Hopefully we will be there!

chipgreen

mrn1 wrote:Add me and SWMBO to the maybe list. After I finalize some other travel plans I can either have us moved up the the YES list or taken off the list. Hopefully we will be there!

Sounds good, hope you can make it!

North316

We are now booked.

My CT

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Almost makes me wish I still lived in Cleveland.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

chipgreen

coynedj wrote:Almost makes me wish I still lived in Cleveland.

Good excuse to come back for a visit! East or West-sider?

chipgreen

bump

randysanders

quality posts: 4 Private Messages randysanders

Judy and I went up to Sutter Creek last summer and toured Lodi and Shennendoah Valley and Murphys. Of course, the most enjoyable place to taste was Scott's place...you've got some great employees there. And we bought the most wine there too (and some atomic frog balls). We're in the Northeast of New York State, about an 8-hour drive from Ohio, but we'd sure like to join you.

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo

Maybe x2!

Really wanted to go last year and couldn't... going to try even harder to make it work this year.

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

chipgreen

sdilullo wrote:Maybe x2!

Really wanted to go last year and couldn't... going to try even harder to make it work this year.

Sweet, adding you to the list!

sdilullo

chipgreen wrote:Sweet, adding you to the list!

Well that was quick - SWMBO is totally up for it. We're in!

my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

chipgreen

sdilullo wrote:Well that was quick - SWMBO is totally up for it. We're in!

Great! I switched you to the "Definitely" list.

jdcamp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jdcamp

Wooster is a 1+ hour drive. I could see myself doing this, but have to make some arrangements RED STAPLER!

maybe +1

edit... not sure what is up with the red stapler thing... can you not say the word before second here

chipgreen

jdcamp wrote:Wooster is a 1+ hour drive. I could see myself doing this, but have to make some arrangements RED STAPLER!

maybe +1

edit... not sure what is up with the red stapler thing... can you not say the word before second here

Just a silly woot filter that sometimes catches you when you least expect it. I'm adding you to the maybes, hope you can make it!

North316

jdcamp wrote: can you not say the word before second here [/i]

It's a filter for all of the kiddies who think it is cool to type in that word to show everyone that they were person before the second person to type on any given thread or topic.

Btw, if I can travel from 2.5 hours away, and we have a couple coming from Buffalo, NY, I think you can manage the 1+ hour drive and join us.

My CT

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
chipgreen wrote:Good excuse to come back for a visit! East or West-sider?

I bounced around a little, but west and south. Never lived with the highfalutin' crowd on the east side.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

sdilullo

Great, now you got me thinking about this...

sdilullo

FYI - for anyone staying at the Inn, they're all sold out of the $65/night (single Queen bed) rooms.

Some other rooms were still available for $80/night as of this afternoon.

The suite is also open - but it's $170/night, if I recall correctly.

chipgreen

sdilullo wrote:FYI - for anyone staying at the Inn, they're all sold out of the $65/night (single Queen bed) rooms.

Some other rooms were still available for $80/night as of this afternoon.

The suite is also open - but it's $170/night, if I recall correctly.

Yikes! Thanks for the heads-up. Last year we stayed at a nearby Rodeway Inn that was surprisingly nice and I think it was only around $65 as well. Still, $80 is pretty inexpensive, relatively speaking. Hard to find a decent room under $100/night anymore, even in Ohio.

sdilullo

chipgreen wrote:Yikes! Thanks for the heads-up. Last year we stayed at a nearby Rodeway Inn that was surprisingly nice and I think it was only around $65 as well. Still, $80 is pretty inexpensive, relatively speaking. Hard to find a decent room under $100/night anymore, even in Ohio.

Yeah, we're currently booked at the Wooster. Convenience, lots of wine consumption, yadda yadda yadda...

I might see about a local B&B but, even at $80, we're probably getting a relatively good deal.

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72

Only an hour away...think I should come??? Got to talk it over, but for once I have to make this event!!!

mrn1

Took a bottle of Scott and Jana' s Old Vine Zin over to friends for dinner tonite. After a glass, asked them if there were in for the dinner at the Wooster Inn... Not a second of hesitation.. So you can move me and my bride from the maybe to the YES list and add two more.

chipgreen

boatman72 wrote:Only an hour away...think I should come??? Got to talk it over, but for once I have to make this event!!!

Yes, you should try to make it! I'll put you down as a maybe for now....

chipgreen

mrn1 wrote:Took a bottle of Scott and Jana' s Old Vine Zin over to friends for dinner tonite. After a glass, asked them if there were in for the dinner at the Wooster Inn... Not a second of hesitation.. So you can move me and my bride from the maybe to the YES list and add two more.

Excellent! The more, the merrier. John (laguar1) and his wife, who attended last year, are also planning to attend but are on the maybe list until they finalize things. Shaping up to be a nice group!

chipgreen

bump

chipgreen

bumpy

ddeuddeg

Chip, have you ascertained that the WW group will be seated together?
Also, anyone out there who is still on the fence, finalizing arrangements, whatever, keep in mind that this event typically sells out, so don't hesitate for too long. The dinner is only one month away.

chipgreen

ddeuddeg wrote:Chip, have you ascertained that the WW group will be seated together?
Also, anyone out there who is still on the fence, finalizing arrangements, whatever, keep in mind that this event typically sells out, so don't hesitate for too long. The dinner is only one month away.

Yes, as long as everyone asks to be seated with wine.woot group when making their reservations. I believe they are using the initials WW to notate the list for us.

mrn1

Well, if there are still people on the fence, maybe the menu and wine pairings will get them to make the right decision and make the drive to Wooster. I see they have now updated the event details on their website with the menu.

http://www.thewoosterinn.com/docs/12-12/WineDinner4-19-2013%20Harvey.pdf

chipgreen

Any updates for the MAYBE list?

MAYBE:
p2002
jdcamp
jdcamp's +1
boatman72
laguar1 (John)
laguar1's +1 (Meghan)