North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all, Benjamin Flajnik, vintner and The Bachelor, is getting ready to jump in today's thread. Would be nice to give him a nice wine.woot welcome.

That show is still on TV? Reality TV and VooDoo farming, just proves my point last week that Friday-Sunday offerings are getting even worse.

EDIT: He doesn't exist until his CT is up-to-date

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:I already started the grilling. That is what you meant, right?

Are you doing it in a warm and welcoming way?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
ThunderThighs wrote:Are you doing it in a warm and welcoming way?

I'd give him more crap for appearing on the superficial TV show that is a prime example of why our society is going to hell in a handbasket than spreading mouse turds through a vineyard while chanting... :rolleyes:

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
otolith wrote:I'd give him more crap .... spreading mouse turds through a vineyard while chanting... :rolleyes:

So you'd just give him more to spread??

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ThunderThighs

Staff

otolith wrote:I'd give him more crap for appearing on the superficial TV show that is a prime example of why our society is going to hell in a handbasket than spreading mouse turds through a vineyard while chanting... :rolleyes:

Ok, you can stay away.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:I already started the grilling. That is what you meant, right?

A sizzling warm welcome indeed.

CT

otolith

ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, you can stay away.

You realize by saying that you're just encouraging, right?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

otolith wrote:You realize by saying that you're just encouraging, right?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

otolith

PemberDucky wrote:

How about, "please be tactful if you do," instead of, "stay away"? There's a reason I posted in the pub and not in the main thread.

And, for the record, I've had to mod other forums and realize how much of a PITA it can be.

--John Muir

ThunderThighs

Staff

otolith wrote:How about, "please be tactful if you do," instead of, "stay away"? There's a reason I posted in the pub and not in the main thread.

And, for the record, I've had to mod other forums and realize how much of a PITA it can be.

You don't know me very well yet. I should have used my

smilie

FORUM MODERATOR

otolith

ThunderThighs wrote:You don't know me very well yet. I should have used my

smilie

a ; ) or a ;) or a ;-) would have helped.

Also, I went and looked at their website, and really like their approach and stress on family and friendship.

--John Muir

ThunderThighs

Staff

otolith wrote:a ; ) or a ;) or a ;-) would have helped.

Also, I went and looked at their website, and really like their approach and stress on family and friendship.

I'm sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR

otolith

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm sorry.

Thanks! :hugs:

--John Muir

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
otolith wrote:Also, I went and looked at their website, and really like their approach and stress on family and friendship.

I really like their stress on believing in bull sh*t.

Also, it seems Ben isn't too keen on answering technical questions with anything besides canned, back-of-the-bottle, meaningless crap. That is, if he answers at all.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

otolith

kylemittskus wrote:I really like their stress on believing in bull sh*t.

Also, it seems Ben isn't too keen on answering technical questions with anything besides canned, back-of-the-bottle, meaningless crap. That is, if he answers at all.

I think they need one of the Benzinger kids to answer questions. Not sure if they just think that we're not that sophisticated of a crowd.

And yes, I think you have to be pretty, well, foolish(?), to believe in biodynamics...

--John Muir

rjquillin

otolith wrote:I think they need one of the Benzinger kids to answer questions. Not sure if they just think that we're not that sophisticated of a crowd.

And yes, I think you have to be pretty, well, foolish(?), to believe in biodynamics...

Perhaps remedial board etiquette should be a prerequisite for new winery reps.

CT

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:Perhaps remedial board etiquette should be a prerequisite for new winery reps.

I just posted something exactly along those lines in the main thread. I couldn't hold my tongue, but I think I did a good job of not being myself too much.

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:I just posted something exactly along those lines in the main thread. I couldn't hold my tongue, but I think I did a good job of not being myself too much.

I missed that, well done! I can most always use budget bottles, assuming I have some idea what they contain.

CT

otolith

kylemittskus wrote:I just posted something exactly along those lines in the main thread. I couldn't hold my tongue, but I think I did a good job of not being myself too much.

Kyle, never thought I would say this, but nicely stated!

--John Muir

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

Oto,
Maybe we should try biodynamics in our practice?
Forget it I sling enough paycheck already

Paycheck is that what woot uses?

kylemittskus

ERMD wrote:Oto,

Haha! To both the joke and the filter.

kylemittskus

otolith wrote:Kyle, never thought I would say this, but nicely stated!

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD
kylemittskus wrote:

It was and I also applaud you.

otolith

ERMD wrote:Oto,

Nah...thanks to Dr. Google, people question us enough already. No need to give them extra ammo!

--John Muir

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Man I missed all the fun today. Kyle gets his anti-BD on, an asteroid sneaks by, a meteor takes issue with Russia... This is what I get for working til 8 then going for dinner with a friend!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

ThunderThighs

Staff

It was well said. Kinda figured he'd be a bit more active. Oh well.

FORUM MODERATOR

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

One More Friday Gone!! IT'S COLD here!!!!!! We are going to have a freeze tonight and tomorrow!!! agggghhhhh and the worst part of it all, is we are going over to my friends for a huge outdoor party....... as of right now the wind chill is predicted to be in the 20's!! layers, lots of layers.....
I'm in charge of bringing wine... think I will make some sangria..... don't know which of my wines I want to use....I want to enjoy, but I am not sure what I feel like sharing with 'non wine" people......

cortot20

quality posts: 142 Private Messages cortot20

Kyle, how goes the battle?

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 142 Private Messages cortot20

I have a small mouth decanter and it has acquired some tannin stains over the years that simple hot water and dish soap cant tackle. Any suggestions?

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
cortot20 wrote:I have a small mouth decanter and it has acquired some tannin stains over the years that simple hot water and dish soap cant tackle. Any suggestions?

White vinegar. Get the glass nice and warm by rinsing with hot water, then put the vinegar in to soak for an hour or so. Might take a few iterations. I also throw in the cheapest rice I have on hand to act as an abrasive and swirl it around. Rock salt works well too.

kylemittskus

cortot20 wrote:Kyle, how goes the battle?

Night two: Cried for 5 minutes, then slept for 5 hours (longer than she's ever slept without waking. Woke up and cried for an hour, then slept 4.5 hours. And today, she cried for 20 minutes, then napped for 2 hours (longer than she ever has). Long story short: well worth it. We'll see how tonight goes.

kylemittskus

ThunderThighs wrote:It was well said. Kinda figured he'd be a bit more active. Oh well.

Let's be honest. He absolutely sucked.

polarbear22

kylemittskus wrote:Night two: Cried for 5 minutes, then slept for 5 hours (longer than she's ever slept without waking. Woke up and cried for an hour, then slept 4.5 hours. And today, she cried for 20 minutes, then napped for 2 hours (longer than she ever has). Long story short: well worth it. We'll see how tonight goes.

Good. Looks like it is working.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

polarbear22

Pretty damn cold shower this morning. No hot water. Turns out no hear either. Tried to do some purging, since I thought it was an air lock. Didn't work. Called my oil company.

Half hour later, tech was here. Turns out that we were out of oil. If the gauge wasn't stuck, I would have known that, since it was the first thing I checked.

He called for an oil delivery. And within minutes, a truck was here. So they get an oops for letting me run dry on automatic delivery. But high marks for great service.

Most important, SWMBO got a nice hot shower.

My Cellar

rjquillin

polarbear22 wrote:Pretty damn cold shower this morning. No hot water. Turns out no hear either. Tried to do some purging, since I thought it was an air lock. Didn't work. Called my oil company.

Half hour later, tech was here. Turns out that we were out of oil. If the gauge wasn't stuck, I would have known that, since it was the first thing I checked.

He called for an oil delivery. And within minutes, a truck was here. So they get an oops for letting me run dry on automatic delivery. But high marks for great service.

Most important, SWMBO got a nice hot shower.

Oil furnaces; I remember those. House came with coal, but we changed it out. No gauge on the tank, we tapped it to check level. Also no blower, just convection ducting. Lived in a converted attic in my later teens. No heat at all up there.
Water however was electric. You have oil heated water?
Simple fixes are good.

CT

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
cortot20 wrote:I have a small mouth decanter and it has acquired some tannin stains over the years that simple hot water and dish soap cant tackle. Any suggestions?

polident

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

You did, kudos.

I got dragged into buying the terra Bella because the wine was good and them rep was even better. Didn't read the bachelor wine thread until just now but that was awful.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

cmaldoon wrote:Didn't read the bachelor wine thread until just now but that was awful.

What's a bachelor wine thread?
[reread thread, now understand reference. I don't do reality well]
Do I owe you anything besides the IH unoaked?

CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
rjquillin wrote:What's a bachelor wine thread?
[reread thread, now understand reference. I don't do reality well]
Do I owe you anything besides the IH unoaked?

Yep, the Cameron Hughes Howell mt cab ( lot 360)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

cmaldoon wrote:Yep, the Cameron Hughes Howell mt cab ( lot 360)

Ah yes, three of those, and how many IH? Three or four?

CT