otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

I dislike when you guys talk medical stuff. I come her to get away from that.

edit: me! I started it.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
coynedj wrote:I still can't get over all this "paper" talk. I had heard of the stuff, but usually we just used leaves when we could find them inside the barbed wire. The leaves we could find were usually poison ivy, but it was the best we could do.

We used those leaves as TP, since we didn't have anything else.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:I dislike when you guys talk medical stuff. I come her to get away from that.

edit: Sparky! He started it.

IFTFY

And you really, really need to check your spelling before posting. But I guess even you have trouble reading your handwriting.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:IFTFY

And you really, really need to check your spelling before posting. But I guess even you have trouble reading your handwriting.

Freudian slip?

pshhh...that was me, and I christened it to you. Don't make me go back and find it! And don't make me argue about such trivial things like I'm an 8yo!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

Oye, now they are checking our spelling!

otolith

ERMD wrote:Oye, now they are checking our spelling!

We'll never win!

--John Muir

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
otolith wrote:We'll never win!

Inderol/Adderal, Clonidine/Klonopin, they're basically the same things, right? :D

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

Hey pub types. Checking in from the world of Blink. The current excitement is the movement of 4 of the GrandBlinks (and their parents) to the wacky world of Northern Virginia. Which gives us more incentive to visit that part of the world. Seems that certain talent sets are most valuable in that part of the world - too bad they can't get shipments from wine woot. Anyway, just checking in, you can get back to your gut flora.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Sleep training has started. It's horrible.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:Sleep training has started. It's horrible.

Stay strong bud. No one said it would be easy.
Stay on target. Stay on target.

CT

MarkDaSpark

ERMD wrote:Oye, now they are checking our spelling!

Actually, the spelling is correct. It's more of a proper word thing. Witch, which; her, here; live, leave; there, their, they're; Me, Sparky ...

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:Stay strong bud. No one said it would be easy.
Stay on target. Stay on target.

Except didn't those two crash & burn?

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Hang in there. She has to sleep sometime.

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

Saw this on a blog I follow and had to x-post it here...

There is a bone in a fishes head called an Otolith. This bone can get rings of growth on it just like a tree, but the ring size is effected by temperature more than actual growth. So in a fish hatchery they can manipulate the temperature of water over fish eggs and put a specific ring pattern into a fishes otolith that later can be examined under a microscope from anywhere in the world and the rings will tell you where that fish came from and how old it is.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

MarkDaSpark

tommythecat78 wrote:Saw this on a blog I follow and had to x-post it here...

There is a bone in a fishes head called an Otolith. This bone can get rings of growth on it just like a tree, but the ring size is effected by temperature more than actual growth. So in a fish hatchery they can manipulate the temperature of water over fish eggs and put a specific ring pattern into a fishes otolith that later can be examined under a microscope from anywhere in the world and the rings will tell you where that fish came from and how old it is.

A Tommy sighting!!!! Woot!

How goes everything? Hope you had a good Valentine's Day.

tommythecat78

MarkDaSpark wrote:A Tommy siting!!!! Woot!

How goes everything? Hope you had a good Valentine's Day.

Meh...recovering from the flu so stayed in bed all day. At least I am starting to feel human again though. Other than that doing well. How about yourself?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

MarkDaSpark

tommythecat78 wrote:Meh...recovering from the flu so stayed in bed all day. At least I am starting to feel human again though. Other than that doing well. How about yourself?

You're human? I thought you were more cat-like?

Doing well, but that flu has been going around. So you coming back out to SoCal any time this year?

How goes the tattooing biz?

tommythecat78

MarkDaSpark wrote:You're human? I thought you were more cat-like?

Doing well, but that flu has been going around. So you coming back out to SoCal any time this year?

How goes the tattooing biz?

Cats get sick sometimes too...as well as exhibiting very human-like qualities.

Would like to head out there some time but who knows. My buddy that I used to visit out there has since moved back to Chicago. Would really like to make it out to one of the Cali gatherings/tastings one of these days.

The tattoo biz is going good as far as I know. Haven't been directly involved for a couple of years now.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Awwww. Stick with it. You'll all be happier in the end.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
tommythecat78 wrote:The tattoo biz is going good as far as I know. Haven't been directly involved for a couple of years now.

I recall that you were the piercer, not tattoos. All you could promise for a tattoo was a stick figure.

Nice to see that you stopped in. Get well soon.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Random question...is it just me or is Inky AWOL lately?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
North316 wrote:Random question...is it just me or is Inky AWOL lately?

Now that you say that, you're quite right. It is you.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:Actually, the spelling is correct. It's more of a proper word thing. Witch, which; her, here; live, leave; there, their, they're; Me, Sparky ...

Your starting to piss me off!

edit: apparently this is for sparky!

--John Muir

otolith

mother wrote:Inderol/Adderal, Clonidine/Klonopin, they're basically the same things, right? :D

AFAIK they are.

--John Muir

otolith

I was wondering how things were going. Stay strong!

--John Muir

otolith

trifecta wrote:On another note... I am in a bidding war with PetiteSirah for a bottle on winebid. I got there first, but it looks like he might want it more than me.

You guys have each bid on it once? Hardly counts...

I'm going to swoop in at the end and beat you both!

--John Muir

kylemittskus

We survived night one. Cory (and TT and anyone else who sleep trained): did Mason sleep any extended period of time the first night? Em slept for between an hour and two hours at a time, waking up and crying all but once, all night. Normal?

trifecta

quality posts: 71 Private Messages trifecta
otolith wrote:You guys have each bid on it once? Hardly counts...

No. Winebid only displays the last two. We shall see.

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:We survived night one. Cory (and TT and anyone else who sleep trained): did Mason sleep any extended period of time the first night? Em slept for between an hour and two hours at a time, waking up and crying all but once, all night. Normal?

Yes. Mason did the same thing but I would classify his sound as more of a yell.

CT

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:You guys have each bid on it once? Hardly counts...

One more post in a row and you would have had a jwhite6114!

Edit: If only you had done a morning recap ....

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
kylemittskus wrote:We survived night one. Cory (and TT and anyone else who sleep trained): did Mason sleep any extended period of time the first night? Em slept for between an hour and two hours at a time, waking up and crying all but once, all night. Normal?

depends on how long they are awake in between, more so than stretches of sleep.

Assuming waking for <30 mins, seems pretty normal to me.

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Your starting to piss me off!

edit: apparently this is for sparky!

Oops, left those out too!

Your, you're; two, too;

And feel free to buy it for me. Although red doesn't complement my eyes.

joelsisk

oh, FYI - keep your eyes out for Monday's offer.

otolith

joelsisk wrote:oh, FYI - keep your eyes out for Monday's offer.

Damn you! I almost had it show up but didn't check my email soon enough.

--John Muir

joelsisk

otolith wrote:Damn you! I almost had it show up but didn't check my email soon enough.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Had my first "damaged in transit" shipment. Can someone with experience with this tell me if I need to do anything and whether woot replaces or refunds? Thanks.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

kylemittskus

polarbear22 wrote:Had my first "damaged in transit" shipment. Can someone with experience with this tell me if I need to do anything and whether woot replaces or refunds? Thanks.

Email support and specify whether you'd prefer a replacement or refund.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all, Benjamin Flajnik, vintner and The Bachelor, is getting ready to jump in today's thread. Would be nice to give him a nice wine.woot welcome.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
polarbear22 wrote:Had my first "damaged in transit" shipment. Can someone with experience with this tell me if I need to do anything and whether woot replaces or refunds? Thanks.

Definitely email them, but they don't do anything on their own to solve the problem. I had an order damaged and it said it was being returned. I assumed, hey maybe I will get an email when they received it back asking about a refund or replacement. Nope, a week or so went by so I finally sent in an email. It took another month or so before I got the replacement.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus

ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all, Benjamin Flajnik, vintner and The Bachelor, is getting ready to jump in today's thread. Would be nice to give him a nice wine.woot welcome.

I already started the grilling. That is what you meant, right?