bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:I would stay home at least another day or so.... If you have no voice and a cough, you will not be as productive in the classroom as you would want to be... Let your body heal.. Sorry you didn't get a French speaking sub... We had 2 positions open today. 1 finally got filled and the person showed up at 9:40 (school started at 8:25) and on position was never filled. Over 200 people were "called" by the automated system and no one accepted the job!! unreal.... Feel better....

Thanks for the advice. I do have a voice, but it's just not as strong as it normally is. Who knows what will happen after a couple of full days of school! I am allowing my body to do the healing and just taking what I need to get relief. How unreal is that: over 200 people called for 2 positions! Are you guys starting Feb break next week? Thanks for the well wishes!

EDIT: SPARKLY!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

polarbear22 wrote:Get better. Your students miss you.

Awwww, thanks, PB!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
rjquillin wrote:Thanks! I was *just* thinking I should ask if/what damages I need to come up with. Despite the Wx, sounds like you had a great time up there.

I'll get back to you on the damages. Need to take inventory on what I picked up for you and ajrod. I didn't buy anything for you that I wouldn't want to keep if you didn't want it, so you shouldn't worry too much.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

ajrod, sparky; PM

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
ddeuddeg wrote:I'll get back to you on the damages. Need to take inventory on what I picked up for you and ajrod. I didn't buy anything for you that I wouldn't want to keep if you didn't want it, so you shouldn't worry too much.

Most excellent! Thanks.

CT

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
North316 wrote:I guess it can wait, but its not like your busy drinking wine, or finishing your CT update!

Was there ever a final number after all those guesses

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
North316 wrote:Sparky, we just added an Ohio event for the SH wine tasting dinner. Any chance you can add it to the pub events posting and the main offer one?

I sent a PM to CJ earlier today so it should be added soon!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mommadeb1 wrote:I couldn't do the Fuber method... too hard on me!! good luck!!

rjquillin wrote:I keep reading his as the FUBAR method. Good think G knows it's the Feber method, 'cause I'd never heard of it. Still, I'm thinking they may be related? Kids were such a very long time ago, it's now grandparents revenge.

What? No one has mentioned the Furby method?

And yes, they still make them.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Itwdswafo wrote:Was there ever a final number after all those guesses

There was a final WW number, but I still haven't finished the non-WW purchases (Turley, Scott Harvey, Ty Caton, Tablas Creek, Vina Robles, Titus, Vincent Arroyo, Switchback, etc.).

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:ajrod, sparky; PM

Answered.

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk
MarkDaSpark wrote:There was a final WW number, but I still haven't finished the non-WW purchases (Turley, Scott Harvey, Ty Caton, Tablas Creek, Vina Robles, Titus, Vincent Arroyo, Switchback, etc.).

he thinks that if he delays long enough, no one will remember that he promised the "winner" some wine. It certainly worked in my case

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
joelsisk wrote:he thinks that if he delays long enough, no one will remember that he promised the "winner" some wine. It certainly worked in my case

The problem is that he waited too long to complete the project and the count has gone up considerably since. So if wanted to make this a real contest he would complete the count. We then resubmit out time adjusted guesses.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:The problem is that he waited too long to complete the project and the count has gone up considerably since. So if wanted to make this a real contest he would complete the count. We then resubmit out time adjusted guesses.

No, no. Haven't entered the new stuff yet since then. And said at the time I wouldn't include any new stuff in the original counts.

Plus, if I did that, those on CT could cheat by looking at my cellar!

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:he thinks that if he delays long enough, no one will remember that he promised the "winner" some wine. It certainly worked in my case

Ssshhh!

joelsisk

x-post here too, from the Deals thread:

anyone ever tried the "special" deals from restaurant.com / idealmeal.com?

Currently $25 for $100 on Iron Horse sparklers at orderwinedirect (plus a $50 restaurant.com cert). Prices on the wine aren't bad generally, and adding the the deal makes it pretty good.

Shipping seems like $13 on a single bottle and $24 on 6 to Colorado.

joelsisk

Sparky - any weekends in March suit your fancy for a tasting in Denver? We apparently can use some help organizing...

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Thanks for the advice. I do have a voice, but it's just not as strong as it normally is. Who knows what will happen after a couple of full days of school! I am allowing my body to do the healing and just taking what I need to get relief. How unreal is that: over 200 people called for 2 positions! Are you guys starting Feb break next week? Thanks for the well wishes!

EDIT: SPARKLY!

feb. break? do explain.... we only have presidents day off then in march we have spring break... glad you are taking some extra time to let yourself heal... you need you healthy for D&D....

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:Sparky - any weekends in March suit your fancy for a tasting in Denver? We apparently can use some help organizing...

March is kinda full (NWIWC, Family Winemakers, St. Patrick's Day, & Easter), plus the SoCal gathering.

April might be doable.

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:feb. break? do explain.... we only have presidents day off then in march we have spring break... glad you are taking some extra time to let yourself heal... you need you healthy for D&D....

In much of NYS it was decided about 5 years ago to give a few additional days to the President's Weekend. So instead of getting a 3 or 4 day weekend, they decided to give us the entire week off. That way, too, they can save on heating the buildings a bit during the winter!. Then, we'll get Good Friday and all of the week after Easter off. But, they call it Spring Break.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bahwm wrote:In much of NYS it was decided about 5 years ago to give a few additional days to the President's Weekend. So instead of getting a 3 or 4 day weekend, they decided to give us the entire week off. That way, too, they can save on heating the buildings a bit during the winter!. Then, we'll get Good Friday and all of the week after Easter off. But, they call it Spring Break.

Crazy New Yorkers.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bahwm

Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
bahwm wrote:Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!

Laissez les bon temps roulet!

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:Crazy New Yorkers.

Crazy Smart New Yorkers!!

MarkDaSpark

State of the Union drinking game:

Whenever President Obama says 'jobs,' pour eight percent of your drink down the drain. Or throat. Whichever.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
bahwm wrote:In much of NYS it was decided about 5 years ago to give a few additional days to the President's Weekend. So instead of getting a 3 or 4 day weekend, they decided to give us the entire week off. That way, too, they can save on heating the buildings a bit during the winter!. Then, we'll get Good Friday and all of the week after Easter off. But, they call it Spring Break.

I wish those breaks were available back when I was in school in Rochester! Instead I walked to school, 5 miles each way, uphill both ways, through ten-foot snow drifts......

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

mommadeb1

nice!! but I wouldn't trade that time off for our nice weather!!

mommadeb1

coynedj wrote:I wish those breaks were available back when I was in school in Rochester! Instead I walked to school, 5 miles each way, uphill both ways, through ten-foot snow drifts......

you were lucky you only had 5 miles up hill both ways!! I had to walk 10 miles uphill, both ways, in 20 foot drifts... and I had to get up a half an hour before I went to bed.......

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:you were lucky you only had 5 miles up hill both ways!! I had to walk 10 miles uphill, both ways, in 20 foot drifts... and I had to get up a half an hour before I went to bed.......

You were lucky! I had to walk 5 miles uphill in rain & hail, paddle 5 more miles upriver, over rapids and waterfalls, then ski 5 more miles uphill in the snow to just get to the Front Gates. Then it was another 26 miles tunneling thru the snow drifts to actually get to the classrooms!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:You were lucky! I had to walk 5 miles uphill in rain & hail, paddle 5 more miles upriver, over rapids and waterfalls, then ski 5 more miles uphill in the snow to just get to the Front Gates. Then it was another 26 miles tunneling thru the snow drifts to actually get to the classrooms!

you're all lucky, I went to school in Nebraska!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bhodilee wrote:you're all lucky, I went to school in Nebraska!

But you had to wade through endless corn fields, right?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cortot20

bhodilee wrote:you're all lucky, I went to school in Nebraska!

You all had it so easy, I had to go to school with a bunch of Asian kids that were so much better than me.

CT

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
MarkDaSpark wrote:You were lucky! I had to walk 5 miles uphill in rain & hail, paddle 5 more miles upriver, over rapids and waterfalls, then ski 5 more miles uphill in the snow to just get to the Front Gates. Then it was another 26 miles tunneling thru the snow drifts to actually get to the classrooms!

Monty Python sayeth:

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN: We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN: Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN: And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

ALL: Right!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cortot20 wrote:You all had it so easy, I had to go to school with a bunch of Asian kids that were so much better than me.

You all got to go to school!?!?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bahwm

polarbear22 wrote:You all got to go to school!?!?

ooooo, poor thing! They didn't let polarbear into school! Awwwwww!

cortot20

polarbear22 wrote:You all got to go to school!?!?

I am so smart, I am so smart!
SMRT!

CT

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

I went to school in MN!

Wait, that's worked out pretty well, actually.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

mommadeb1

you had classrooms? how fancy!!!

mommadeb1

coynedj wrote:Monty Python sayeth:

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN: We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN: Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN: Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN: And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

ALL: Right!

LOVE that skit!!!

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:you had classrooms? how fancy!!!

Yes, but we had to bring our desks with us!!!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes, but we had to bring our desks with us!!!

you had desk to bring?!! if we were lucky, we got to use the back of another student!!! you don't even want to know what we had to use for paper and pencils!!!