CT link above
Winter Precautions: Ships in 3-5 Business Days

Winery website

Previous offer:
12/12/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

Here's the affordable red some people have been asking for....

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
chipgreen wrote:Here's the affordable red some people have been asking for....

Yep, and we saw this last December in a mixed case offering, old notes here, should be some fresh notes forthcoming.

CT

empapel

quality posts: 6 Private Messages empapel

I bought the red/white combo during a woot-off pre-christmas. The red is just okay. Worth it if you need to stock up your wine cellar (which I did,) but I wouldn't serve it to your more discerning guests.

sarcasm, geeks & microsoft humor
http://2tothe5th.com

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 188 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:Yep, and we saw this last December in a mixed case offering, old notes here, should be some fresh notes forthcoming.

Bought this then, so I can skip it now. Although it is hard, since me likey it as an every day drinker. That is, if I drank every day.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 188 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of February 10th.

Love is in the air! Just add wine!

February 2013
2/9: NorCal #?: Vintage Pinot
2/22: 2013 Dark & Delicious (Alameda, CA)
2/23 - 2/25: 2013 D&D Napa/Sonoma Weekend
2/23: NoVA/DC #28: Sweet and Sour

March
3/16: NYC #21: Cupcakes
3/22: Minnesota #20: Visitors from Afar
3/23: SoCal #24: Aged Zins
TBD: Colorado/Wyoming #?

Pending
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

threemoons

quality posts: 19 Private Messages threemoons

Blend sounds awesome, price is right.

Instabuy.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

TT/Inky, you may want to request a change to the offer description to add (12) to it. If I hadn't looked closely at the offering, I would have thought it was for 6 or 7 bottles, at no so great a price, since the picture only shows 7 bottles.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20
North316 wrote:TT/Inky, you may want to request a change to the offer description to add (12) to it. If I hadn't looked closely at the offering, I would have thought it was for 6 or 7 bottles, at no so great a price, since the picture only shows 7 bottles.

Or add the word case.

CT

lloydrj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloydrj

UPDATE: My wine arrived a few minutes after WOOT response on this thread. THANKS WOOT CS !!!!!!

Also, thank you to Clif - they did replace the missing white with a bottle of white AND a bottle of red.

ORIGINAL POSTING:

I bought the mixed Clif case from a previous WOOT offering.

Play the Lotto and order from CLIF !!! If you have a problem, Clif Wineries will likely ignore you. I only got 11 bottles in the case (one white missing) and it has been months and still no action by the winery. I contacted WOOT CS twice and was promised a replacement bottle - but I have not yet got one!!! I blame Clif NOT WOOT. Emails to this winery were ignored.

So take your chances !!!!

LDD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LDD
MarkDaSpark wrote:

Courtesy of CJ:

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Any WW Gathering in the Houston Area?

LDD

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

North316 wrote:TT/Inky, you may want to request a change to the offer description to add (12) to it. If I hadn't looked closely at the offering, I would have thought it was for 6 or 7 bottles, at no so great a price, since the picture only shows 7 bottles.

Good Catch. thanks.

svwindom

quality posts: 12 Private Messages svwindom

Great deal for an inexpensive daily drinker. And if you drink daily like I do, you need it to be inexpensive!

I've only got whites left from the previous deal, so yay for the chance to reload my reds!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz

Any notes to share? Price looks great but I am no a fan of mass produced wines like menage a troisi etc that taste generic, oaked, and boring. Thanks

"The older I get the better I was"

bflohl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bflohl

Bought a case of the 2006 during a 2010 woot-off,and remember enjoying it, but it was a very different blend (no Cab Franc, lower %age Zin, 25% Cab Sav). It was also more $$--$10/bottle.

Will also be interested to hear about the winemakers, now that Sarah Gott is co-billed.

Will probably buy, but look forward to a few more comments.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lloydrj wrote:I bought the mixed Clif case from a previous WOOT offering.

Play the Lotto and order from CLIF !!! If you have a problem, Clif Wineries will likely ignore you. I only got 11 bottles in the case (one white missing) and it has been months and still no action by the winery. I contacted WOOT CS twice and was promised a replacement bottle - but I have not yet got one!!! I blame Clif NOT WOOT. Emails to this winery were ignored.

Sorry for the problems with the order. Let me ping CS and see if that helps.

UPDATE: Your replacement is set for delivery tomorrow. If you didn't get the tracking email (probably around 2/1), check your spam folder.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

true559

quality posts: 25 Private Messages true559

Sounds like just the sort of deal I've been waiting for. In for 1...maybe 2.

clifwinegary

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clifwinegary

Please send us an email at winery@clifbar.com today and we'll help you out. Not sure what happened and so sorry for any inconvenience.

lloydrj wrote:I bought the mixed Clif case from a previous WOOT offering.

lloydrj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloydrj
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems with the order. Let me ping CS and see if that helps.

UPDATE: Your replacement is set for delivery tomorrow. If you didn't get the tracking email (probably around 2/1), check your spam folder.

WOW !!!!! Just a couple of minutes after your post - the FEDEX truck arrived with my wine. I can't find the tracking email - just very happy the wine arrived. I will edit my posting with the good news.

THANKS WOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 43 Private Messages fredrinaldi

why not ??
Last Wooter to Woot:
fredrinaldi

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 49 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

I've ordered a few cases of this wine over the years from Woot, although not this particular vintage. It was never amazing, but always very drinkable. A solid choice for Tuesday night or used for sangria. Be warned, at least in previous vintages, this wine throws off a LOT of sediment. Not a bad thing, but one should be careful when pouring and consider storing upright before opening and pouring carefully into a decanter before drinking.

cessna007

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cessna007

Not the greatest wine, had a problem a while ago with the winery, it took some time to resolve then. Not worth it for so so wine.

matthewklahn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthewklahn

Had an earlier red blend (Climber 2006), and it was undrinkable. I didn't even want to cook with it; it actually went down the drain. Not corked, but just very, very bad. I don't recall enough of the 2-3 swallows i could manage to say much by way of details, unfortunately. Those of you getting cases: I hope this vintage is better. For those thinking about this, maybe think closely before investing in 2 cases...

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
matthewklahn wrote:Had an earlier red blend (Climber 2006), and it was undrinkable. I didn't even want to cook with it; it actually went down the drain. Not corked, but just very, very bad

I bought this on a previous woot in the mixed case and it was "OK". btw. cannot be corked because it is screw-top

That being said - for me it compares to $5-$8 dollar wines you could find at a Trader Joes (some of which are actually decent). Nothing extremely yummy, not a "3 buck chuck" either, but in the line of very-budget wines.
(For me many of the $8-$16 wines at TJ are way better.)

For me the purchase did not work, since I expected more.

For prospective buyers: It is possible that I just did not like this individual blend and you feel completely different about this.

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny
matthewklahn wrote:Had an earlier red blend (Climber 2006), and it was undrinkable. I didn't even want to cook with it; it actually went down the drain. Not corked, but just very, very bad. I don't recall enough of the 2-3 swallows i could manage to say much by way of details, unfortunately. Those of you getting cases: I hope this vintage is better. For those thinking about this, maybe think closely before investing in 2 cases...

Can we get specifics as to why it was bad in your opinion? Bad taste, nose, shrunken heads in the bottle? I like to know specifically why people like or don't like a wine to get a better feel for how I would judge the wine.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

kraxberger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kraxberger
losthighwayz wrote:Any notes to share? Price looks great but I am no a fan of mass produced wines like menage a troisi etc that taste generic, oaked, and boring. Thanks

The Climber is, IMHO, substantially better than the Cab offering earlier - or maybe the stuff they put in a bag is a worse product than in the bottle. At any rate, this is one of my wife's favorites, and she has quite the discerning pallet!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

funbunny wrote:Can we get specifics as to why it was bad in your opinion? Bad taste, nose, shrunken heads in the bottle?

Man, i hate it when that happens.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 43 Private Messages fredrinaldi

love the comments, some love it, some hate it, some are so so, like talking politics, but out the name calling

rjquillin

fredrinaldi wrote:love the comments, some love it, some hate it, some are so so, like talking politics, but out the name calling

Fred, have you had any of the earlier Climbers? Comments? I agree, the mix looks good, at least interesting.

Perhaps we could get a winemaker comment on any manipulation, those additives (mega this & that) we sometime see in bulk wine...

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
rjquillin wrote:Fred, have you had any of the earlier Climbers? Comments? I agree, the mix looks good, at least interesting.

Perhaps we could get a winemaker comment on any manipulation, those additives (big this & that) we sometime see in bulk wine...

Mega, not big. Mega *pick your color*

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

winedrew

quality posts: 6 Private Messages winedrew
MarkDaSpark wrote:Bought this then, so I can skip it now. Although it is hard, since me likey it as an every day drinker. That is, if I drank every day.

So Mark drinks everyday?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
winedrew wrote:So Mark drinks everyday?

I'm not sure Sparky has consumed a bottle of wine in his life.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:Mega, not big. Mega *pick your color*

Yes, mega, I bow to your younger memory.

CT

winedrew

quality posts: 6 Private Messages winedrew

[quote postid="5342530" user="kylemittskus"]I'm not sure Sparky has consumed a bottle of wine in his life. [/quo

I think he enjoys his grape juice!

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

Whoa, a winedrew sighting!

rjquillin

ajrod, sparky; PM

CT

skidd420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skidd420

Got in the door at the last minute. Wife keeps drinking the non daily drinkers. I'm counting on you for this one.

Clif Family Winery The Climber Red (12)

Speed to First Woot:
1m 34.883s
First Sucker:
mslane
Last Wooter to Woot:
skidd420
Last Purchase:
a few seconds ago