WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you think ingredients should be listed on a wine label?
  • 42% - Yes 408
  • 7.9% - No 77
  • 7.1% - Maybe 69
  • 42.6% - I’ve never really thought about it 414
  • 0.3% - Other (comments, please) 3
971 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

baela

quality posts: 1 Private Messages baela

With wine, it's not as much of an issue, but "gluten free" or an allergen list on any and all alcohol would be awesome.

kashmirton

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kashmirton

yes, because added sulfites make me feel like crapola... label that stuff!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 228 Private Messages kylemittskus

Ingredients? Yes. Nutritional information? No.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 164 Private Messages rjquillin
kashmirton wrote:yes, because added sulfites make me feel like crapola... label that stuff!

Most of the bottles I have, read at least, already say that. There were some great threads last year on ingredients used to manipulate product. Those would be interesting to know about, but not likely something a house would like to admit to on a label. Acidification and/or added sugars would also be of interest to some I would think.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 228 Private Messages kylemittskus
rjquillin wrote:Most of the bottles I have, read at least, already say that. There were some great threads last year on ingredients used to manipulate product. Those would be interesting to know about, but not likely something a house would like to admit to on a label. Acidification and/or added sugars would also be of interest to some I would think.

FYI: Chaptalization (adding sugar to the must) is illegal in CA, but legal in other states.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen