$59.99 (Normally $99.20) 40% off List Price
2010 Tyler Florence Blend #4 Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley
CT link above
Winter Precautions: Ships in 3-5 Business Days

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Y'all worn out from all the stuff earlier in the week? You're awfully quiet.... or absent.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sdfreedive

quality posts: 24 Private Messages sdfreedive

Hey woot looks like your MSRP is off just tiny bit. The shipping from Tyler Florence is a flat $5. So if you order 4 bottles you pay just $5.

Update Item
Sauvignon Blanc 2011
- SKU 2534
Remove Item In Stock $19.99 $79.96
SubTotal $79.96
Shipping $5.00
Sales Tax $6.40
Total $91.36
That's from their website if you bought direct from them.

[MOD: Thanks for the info. I've sent it in for fixing in the morning.]

jsp872

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jsp872

Another white....
Im saving money atleast

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
ThunderThighs wrote:Y'all worn out from all the stuff earlier in the week? You're awfully quiet.... or absent.

Just waiting for the matching pots and pans to go up on home woot or woot plus!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bobrush12866 wrote:Just waiting for the matching pots and pans to go up on home woot or woot plus!

Have you seen the new fancy smancy Complete List of PLUS sales? It's updated weekdays shortly after the sales launch.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
ThunderThighs wrote:Have you seen the new fancy smancy Complete List of PLUS sales? It's updated weekdays shortly after the sales launch.

Sensory overload!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Easy pass for me. Thankfully there have been a lot of those lately.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

Always pass on the whites.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
jsp872 wrote:Another white....
Im saving money atleast

Ya the last couple of weeks the name has changed to WWW (White Wine Woot)

Lotus M50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lotus M50

Really? Yet another "celebrity" chef product? An other "celebrity" tacking his name on a bottle of wine so we can be charged more and overpay relative to an equivalent bottle of wine. And to boot, Tyler Florence is such a minor, inconsequential "celebrity". yeahhhhhhhh. So yeahhhhhhhh -- but I'm sure he's laughing all the way to bank.

keithnowak7

quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7

The label is pretty terrible with the fake cursive writing trying to make it seem like a small handcrafted and labeled wine.

Amazing how they could print out labels with the blend # and alcohol percentage and yet needed the Celeb Chef Tyler to write in the rest. Even though his logo is on the label, I am sure glad he also added his signature in the Approved box.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
Lotus M50 wrote:Really? Yet another "celebrity" chef product? An other "celebrity" tacking his name on a bottle of wine so we can be charged more and overpay relative to an equivalent bottle of wine. And to boot, Tyler Florence is such a minor, inconsequential "celebrity". yeahhhhhhhh. So yeahhhhhhhh -- but I'm sure he's laughing all the way to bank.

I have no idea who he is.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

chipgreen

quality posts: 188 Private Messages chipgreen

From the description it sounds like these wines may actually be produced by Michael Mondavi. I've enjoyed the wines I've tried from Michael/Rob Mondavi in the past.

North316

chipgreen wrote:From the description it sounds like these wines may actually be produced by Michael Mondavi. I've enjoyed the wines I've tried from Michael/Rob Mondavi in the past.

Exactly the reason why Tyler Florence's name shouldn't be anywhere near this wine.

Tyler: Hey Bob, want to make some wine and slap my name on it so you can charge a couple of extra bucks?

Bob: Sure, but only if we make the label give the appearance of you actually having something to do with the wine. I could use the extra money.

Tyler: Done.

My CT

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

I'm always interested in a SauvBlanc, but then I saw Tyler Florence's name on it and the hokey "signature" and "approval" on the label. C'mon, Woot...we're not that gullible. Easy pass.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

fredrinaldi wrote:Ya the last couple of weeks the name has changed to WWW (White Wine Woot)

Looking at the statistics, Woot is simply listening to its customers. Since the last woot off there have been 16 items offered, 13 of those were wines.

The breakdown is so:
Red:4
White:5
Rose:1
Sparkler:2
Mix:1

Comparing just the reds and whites:
Average red: bottom 37% of wine woots
Top red: Top 49% of wine woots

Average white: top 33% of wine woots
Bottom white: bottom 50% of wine woots

The BEST red sale recently was barely better than the worst white sale. It is smart business having more whites at the moment.

I am a red drinker primarily but often feel that woot posts too few whites. I'm glad to see a few more here.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
tonycyndy wrote:I'm always interested in a SauvBlanc, but then I saw Tyler Florence's name on it and the hokey "signature" and "approval" on the label. C'mon, Woot...we're not that gullible. Easy pass.

I don't understand this statement -
"C'mon, Woot...we're not that gullible."
Why are you assuming that someone at woot thinks you (or anyone else) is gullible by offering this wine?
Do you have tasting notes that show it's not worth the money?
Is there something wrong with this wine that we should know about?
I personally think most TV chef's are dorks and a half, but if the wine is good, who cares?
Can someone submit a comment with some substance?
WS rating - 88
WE rating - 87

16 bucks each with shipping for a Napa SB is not unreasonable.

PTommins

quality posts: 7 Private Messages PTommins

I woke this morning and found a bottle of 2010 Tyler Florence Blend #4 Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley under my very dry frasier fur Christmas tree.

I decided not to try it until next year.

Bring back the REAL lab rat program please

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
chipgreen wrote:From the description it sounds like these wines may actually be produced by Michael Mondavi. I've enjoyed the wines I've tried from Michael/Rob Mondavi in the past.

I'm pretty sure these are michael mondavi. They had a red Tyler wine at their tasting room last time I was there.

Neal K Bharadwaj

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

tonycyndy wrote:I'm always interested in a SauvBlanc, but then I saw Tyler Florence's name on it and the hokey "signature" and "approval" on the label. C'mon, Woot...we're not that gullible. Easy pass.

Pretty good wine for the price.

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559
cmaldoon wrote:Looking at the statistics, Woot is simply listening to its customers. Since the last woot off there have been 16 items offered, 13 of those were wines.

The breakdown is so:
Red:4
White:5
Rose:1
Sparkler:2
Mix:1

Comparing just the reds and whites:
Average red: bottom 37% of wine woots
Top red: Top 49% of wine woots

Average white: top 33% of wine woots
Bottom white: bottom 50% of wine woots

The BEST red sale recently was barely better than the worst white sale. It is smart business having more whites at the moment.

I am a red drinker primarily but often feel that woot posts too few whites. I'm glad to see a few more here.

Price has also been a factor(for me anyway). Many of the reds offered lately have been in the $20-$30 range or more, while many of the whites have been less pricey. As soon as I see a case or half case of any decent reds in my price range...I'll be in for sure.

HeartbreakRidge

quality posts: 7 Private Messages HeartbreakRidge

I have to say I appreciate the white offerings because I found it is a LOT easier to get into trouble buying quality red here than white (and also because the Wife likes white more than most red wine!)

I care more about the wine, and the wine MAKER, than the name on the bottle, so any more tasting notes would be welcome!

North316

Winedavid39 wrote:Pretty good wine for the price.

David, you know I never shy away from saying what I mean.

I don't come to woot for "pretty good wine for the price". I get it, it is hard to have great wine at great prices and be able to fill all of the offer slots available. I definitely see a trend with Friday-Sunday being very lackluster offerings and participation even worse. (and at least for me, months of rather un-inspiring Plus offerings)

I'm sure plenty of people are buying these and other offerings, or else they would not be offered. But the community thrives on great deals from great, or even unknown, winemakers and small producers who are willing to come on here and participate in discussions; something that seems to often be lacking.

My CT

mbuotidem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbuotidem

Like cmaldoon, I appreciate that Woot is offering more whites. Next, i hope they offer more wines that one can get with shipping under $50. As a college student who likes wine, but is perennially broke, as many college students often are, the average price of Woot wines keep me away - something true559 has alluded to. And yea, I really know nothing about wines and most of the tasting notes use terminology that go way over my head. Still they are helpful because I simply try to see if many people speak highly of the wine before I purchase.

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
North316 wrote:David, you know I never shy away from saying what I mean.

I don't come to woot for "pretty good wine for the price". I get it, it is hard to have great wine at great prices and be able to fill all of the offer slots available. I definitely see a trend with Friday-Sunday being very lackluster offerings and participation even worse. (and at least for me, months of rather un-inspiring Plus offerings)

I'm sure plenty of people are buying these and other offerings, or else they would not be offered. But the community thrives on great deals from great, or even unknown, winemakers and small producers who are willing to come on here and participate in discussions; something that seems to often be lacking.

Or some people have way too much time on their hands..

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Oh by the way.... (I posted this on the World of Woot)...

Hey kids, we have a tasty snack for an upcoming 'Gourmet Thursday' that needs to be tasted (dare I say Labrat)? Please email your shipping address to tarbal@winecountryconnect.com. First five respondents get it (but for #6 on, we'll keep your information for the next one...)

back to your regularly scheduled banter..

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

cortot20

quality posts: 141 Private Messages cortot20

If you feel you have more money than you know what to do with, please forward me some and I am sure I can find something interesting to with it.

CT

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
PTommins wrote:I woke this morning and found a bottle of 2010 Tyler Florence Blend #4 Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley under my very dry frasier fur Christmas tree.

Nicely done.

kylemittskus

I agree with half of this and disagree with the other half. The winery participation hasn't been what it used to be. That makes me sad. The reasons are likely varied, but I'd like to see this change back to the old days.

On the other hand, I think that reality needs to be addressed. I've noticed a trend, on this forum and another, of people commenting about the decrease in deal quality, i.e.: how much of a deal we're getting. Luckily, we all weren't rocked by the recession. Sorry for the assumption, but if you were, you're not dropping dollars on wine in any price range above a box. Since we weren't hurt by the recession, we reaped its benefits; we got awesome prices on awesome juice. That ships sailing is coming to an end. Bittersweet, indeed. But those are the facts. And before some dumb a** jumps in with the "I don't know where you live, but my recession is still going" comment, yes, the economy is improving. The deals won't be as great as they once were because of that. This applies to all wine sites, nto just wine.woot.

As long as wine.woot will beat any price -- widely available ( to preempt more dumb a** comments), I'll buy wines I want. I'm not buying this one.

By the way, since when do we give a s*** about labels? Really? Numbers look solid. Price is competitive with other Napa SBs.

kylemittskus

PTommins wrote:I woke this morning and found a bottle of 2010 Tyler Florence Blend #4 Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley under my very dry frasier fur Christmas tree.

They can't. How is that not clear?

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny

Somebody might have made this point already but it is hard to tell with all the sword fighting going on in this discussion - The value of the wine in my eyes is based off the original price and not what I'm paying here or at any other discount site. I don't come here to buy a wine for $10 dollars a bottle that is going to taste like a $10 bottle of wine. I have enough of those to choose from at my local establishments.

To me, I want to come to woot for a wine that is worth the retail price, but get it for lower. So today, my question would be, is this SB worth $22, not $16. If it is, I'm getting a deal here. If not, I know a lot of good $10-$15 SB that I can get right around the corner.

Someone is probably going to say that there are wines offered here that are hard to find. That is great if they are valued at the retail price, otherwise it's not a deal to me and I'll just buy a wine I really like at regular price.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
funbunny wrote:Somebody might have made this point already but it is hard to tell with all the sword fighting going on in this discussion - The value of the wine in my eyes is based off the original price and not what I'm paying here or at any other discount site. I don't come here to buy a wine for $10 dollars a bottle that is going to taste like a $10 bottle of wine. I have enough of those to choose from at my local establishments.

To me, I want to come to woot for a wine that is worth the retail price, but get it for lower. So today, my question would be, is this SB worth $22, not $16. If it is, I'm getting a deal here. If not, I know a lot of good $10-$15 SB that I can get right around the corner.

Someone is probably going to say that there are wines offered here that are hard to find. That is great if they are valued at the retail price, otherwise it's not a deal to me and I'll just buy a wine I really like at regular price.

as Bob Dylan said many years ago (since Amazon took over)..."The times they are a changing" I for one is buying way less than before.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
kylemittskus wrote:I agree with half of this and disagree with the other half. The winery participation hasn't been what it used to be. That makes me sad. The reasons are likely varied, but I'd like to see this change back to the old days.

On the other hand, I think that reality needs to be addressed. I've noticed a trend, on this forum and another, of people commenting about the decrease in deal quality, i.e.: how much of a deal we're getting. Luckily, we all weren't rocked by the recession. Sorry for the assumption, but if you were, you're not dropping dollars on wine in any price range above a box. Since we weren't hurt by the recession, we reaped its benefits; we got awesome prices on awesome juice. That ships sailing is coming to an end. Bittersweet, indeed. But those are the facts. And before some dumb a** jumps in with the "I don't know where you live, but my recession is still going" comment, yes, the economy is improving. The deals won't be as great as they once were because of that. This applies to all wine sites, nto just wine.woot.

As long as wine.woot will beat any price -- widely available ( to preempt more dumb a** comments), I'll buy wines I want. I'm not buying this one.

By the way, since when do we give a s*** about labels? Really? Numbers look solid. Price is competitive with other Napa SBs.

I have to agree with you... when do we care about labels? I do miss the winery participation... I have purchased MANY a wine that I would have never considered before. .... But, due to a winemakers comments and/or others opinions, here on the board, I have been extremely happy with my purchases....I won't kid you, I do love a good bargain, but to me, it is really fun to try new wines that I can't find at my local wine store.... I feel some here are obsessing on the "discount" they are getting...not the fact that some wines, we get first crack at... or the winemaker has confidence enough to offer their stuff to us to see what we think... I would like to see less whining and more wine ing !!
I am going to pass on this offer, not because of the label or who's name is on it (I do like Tyler), but because I am mostly a red drinker.....

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

I enjoy a well crafted Sauvignon Blanc, but not typically the grape fruit bombs coming from Napa Valley, just not my style. Much more into the floral, tropical and stone fruit style. Stylistically, French vs Auzzie.

PTommins

quality posts: 7 Private Messages PTommins
kylemittskus wrote:They can't. How is that not clear?

I sent you a PM

kylemittskus

PTommins wrote:I sent you a PM

Replied.