polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
MarkDaSpark wrote:IFTFY.

Thus answering the question of what a bear does in them.

Bad time for a typo. Live in the woods.

EDIT: And a sparky responding to Sparky.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:Edit: And perhaps you should get this for her birthday and/or Mother's Day??

Are you trying to get him sent to the doghouse?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

glad everyone is ok!!!!

We just got back from Circus Sarasota, where it is AMAZING!! Once a year they have performances from world famous circus performers in a one ring big top tent.... super awesome....a few years ago we saw the Walendas do the 9 person pyramid..... about 2 years ago Nik Walenda performed... This year Nik and 2 of his sisters (I think) and his brother were there.... I even got all their autographs!!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Yeah you clearly did not see your own typo in the post i replied to ;-)

Which typo? Cause I know we are fiends on FB.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Are you trying to get him sent to the doghouse?

Why? Cause she likes shoveling all that snow?

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

新年快樂

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I hear snake and to this day I still think of the BC comic strip.

Ooooh, just came across this cool video - painting a snake in a single stroke. Notice what it says at the end.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

Dang, lost track of time and didn't get in on the Braganini. After both that and the Summerland side by side I much preferred the Michigan style. But then again there's that SIWBM. So maybe it's a good thing I was distracted by a game of Pandemic?

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Dang, lost track of time and didn't get in on the Braganini. After both that and the Summerland side by side I much preferred the Michigan style. But then again there's that SIWBM. So maybe it's a good thing I was distracted by a game of Pandemic?

My nephew has that game, but either my son or oldest nephew (or both) disliked it. Almost (if not) impossible to win is what I heard.

We almost played it at Christmas, but someone (a friend of my nephew) "borrowed" it, and lost or didn't put all of the necessary pieces back in the box.

So far, we have Catan (original, Seafarers, & Traders & Barbarians (plus expansions), Carcassonne (Big Box), Alhambra (Big Box), 7 Wonders (& expansion), Dominion, & Kingdom Builder (son & I got it for my BiL for his bday).

And I just picked up Cards against Humanity. I blame you for that.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Dang, lost track of time and didn't get in on the Braganini. After both that and the Summerland side by side I much preferred the Michigan style. But then again there's that SIWBM. So maybe it's a good thing I was distracted by a game of Pandemic?

I have a perfect visual of this. I took waivers on St Julian as well, I think with regrets. Likely we'll see them up during a woot-off in the future.

Sounds like you really got tossed into the wringer and got a Parker Bomb last night. You ever get a taste of some 2007 or 2008 MPM PN? I know a few of us have them cellared.

CT

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Cards against humanity is great I hear, still waiting to play it. Pandemic is winnable, but you need to play it with 2 people, the more people you play it with the harder it becomes. Have you considered geting into semi-cooperative games like Betrayal House on the Hill, or the Battlestar Galactica game, or Shadows over Camelot? Bang-the spaghetti western card game is also great as a party game.

MarkDaSpark wrote:My nephew has that game, but either my son or oldest nephew (or both) disliked it. Almost (if not) impossible to win is what I heard.

We almost played it at Christmas, but someone (a friend of my nephew) "borrowed" it, and lost or didn't put all of the necessary pieces back in the box.

So far, we have Catan (original, Seafarers, & Traders & Barbarians (plus expansions), Carcassonne (Big Box), Alhambra (Big Box), 7 Wonders (& expansion), Dominion, & Kingdom Builder (son & I got it for my BiL for his bday).

And I just picked up Cards against Humanity. I blame you for that.

polarbear22

rjquillin wrote:I have a perfect visual of this. I took waivers on St Julian as well, I think with regrets. Likely we'll see them up during a woot-off in the future.

Sounds like you really got tossed into the wringer and got a Parker Bomb last night. You ever get a taste of some 2007 or 2008 MPM PN? I know a few of us have them cellared.

Can you clarify MPM?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

polarbear22

A little surprised. The Summerland was popular when we had it. After drinking through 10 wines or so, it was the main wine that folks went back to and polished off.

My Cellar

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:My nephew has that game, but either my son or oldest nephew (or both) disliked it. Almost (if not) impossible to win is what I heard.

Molarchae is happy to take responsibility for Cards Against Humanity.

Pandemic is totally winnable. You just have to get thoroughly into the cooperative mode and try to not plan too far ahead. We had 5 playing last night and died in the first game before we even had a chance to do anything. The second game we kicked it's ass.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

polarbear22 wrote:A little surprised. The Summerland was popular when we had it. After drinking through 10 wines or so, it was the main wine that folks went back to and polished off.

The candied flavour puts me off. I have no doubt that this wine will please many many people, but it just hit one of the notes I don't particularly care for. I also stay away from Russian River Pinot because of the "cola" notes that are common. I've had some Sta Rita Hills PN that I've thoroughly enjoyed as well...in fact, but for that one candied fruit note I loved it.

Edit: I shouldn't even say it puts me off that much. I'd happily sip this wine all evening, but when it comes to spending $30-ish on it, it's an easy pass.

klezman

rjquillin wrote:I have a perfect visual of this. I took waivers on St Julian as well, I think with regrets. Likely we'll see them up during a woot-off in the future.

Is that Mario Pirelli-Minetti? No I've not tried his PN unless we had a sample on the 2010 Tour. If I had it I don't recall.

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Is that Mario Pirelli-Minetti? No I've not tried his PN unless we had a sample on the 2010 Tour. If I had it I don't recall.

Yes, 2007 Mario Perelli-Minetti, Sonoma. I snagged some from WTSO, and I know I've spoken with at least one or two others that did as well I think on the 2012 rpm tour; bsevern perhaps. One of the few bottles I pulled a cork on upon receipt. Glad I did too. I was able to go back and contact WTSO and snag some additional. Great service there. Just got some 2009 as well, but haven't pulled a cork no them yet.

If rpm is around, it'd be great to hear his thoughts on the 2009.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
rjquillin wrote:Yes, 2007 Mario Perelli-Minetti, Sonoma. I snagged some from WTSO, and I know I've spoken with at least one or two others that did as well I think on the 2012 rpm tour; bsevern perhaps. One of the few bottles I pulled a cork on upon receipt. Glad I did too. I was able to go back and contact WTSO and snag some additional. Great service there. Just got some 2009 as well, but haven't pulled a cork no them yet.

If rpm is around, it'd be great to hear his thoughts on the 2009.

Don't think we talked about it on the tour, but I got some of the'07 from WTSO, as well. Only drank one so far, and we loved it. I think it will be even nicer after a bit more time.
BTW, I snagged some ice wine for you. I'll bring it with me next week.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:Don't think we talked about it on the tour, but I got some of the'07 from WTSO, as well. Only drank one so far, and we loved it. I think it will be even nicer after a bit more time.
BTW, I snagged some ice wine for you. I'll bring it with me next week.

Thanks! I was *just* thinking I should ask if/what damages I need to come up with. Despite the Wx, sounds like you had a great time up there.

Re: the MPM, I too have only opened one, and based on it snagged six more, and just recently six of the 2009 I've not yet tried. Not sure how much self-control I'll have with these. WD should work out a deal for some. At only $20 from WTSO, this would be a great bottle here.

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
rjquillin wrote:Thanks! I was *just* thinking I should ask if/what damages I need to come up with. Despite the Wx, sounds like you had a great time up there.

Re: the MPM, I too have only opened one, and based on it snagged six more, and just recently six of the 2009 I've not yet tried. Not sure how much self-control I'll have with these. WD should work out a deal for some. At only $20 from WTSO, this would be a great bottle here.

Wx? What's that? :scratches head:

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

went to the Titanic exhibit today.. It is amazing what survived and was able to be saved.....

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Set up a new router, and amped R10000G for its supposed 10,000ft^2 coverage. Pshhh. What a POS. Messed around with it, and it'll be going back. Even changed its channel, so it would be different than one of my current routers...no help. GRRRR......

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bahwm wrote:Wx? What's that? :scratches head:

Wx = weather

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bahwm

cheron98 wrote:Wx = weather

Weather? What weather? Who had weather to deal with when we did our last Buffalo/WNY Icewine Festival and sushi gathering?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bahwm wrote:Weather? What weather? Who had weather to deal with when we did our last Buffalo/WNY Icewine Festival and sushi gathering?

Not until I was about a half hour from home. All in all, good weather that weekend. Cold, sure, but decent.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

No new pub? I'm at the international terminal right now seeing my mom off. I feel like I keep seeing different nationality wooters, like oh, there's an Indian Klezman or an Asian cat! It's amusing.

Re: board games if y'all like rpgish adventure types let me know. My friend has a really good script running on bgg for one so we're playing by forum for one called runebound.

CT

rjquillin

cheron98 wrote:Wx = weather

Yes, Wx = weather; it's a pilot thing. Thought there was more than just cold, must be all the storm hype clouding my thought process. Couldn't have been the grape juice.

CT

polarbear22

rjquillin wrote:Yes, Wx = weather; it's a pilot thing. Thought there was more than just cold, must be all the storm hype clouding my thought process. Couldn't have been the grape juice.

In my case, you are recalling correctly. Weather forced us to pass. Friday was not as bad as forecast, but Monday would have been a real tough drive home.

My Cellar

bahwm

rjquillin wrote:Yes, Wx = weather; it's a pilot thing. Thought there was more than just cold, must be all the storm hype clouding my thought process. Couldn't have been the grape juice.

Of course Wx refers to weather! Thanks, RJ! I should have thought pilot lingo! You have soooo much interesting info stored up in that head of yours! Thanks for expanding my brain!

We did have super frigid temps & a cold windchill, but the snow held off out here until Monday. Even our Texans survived!

(And, yes! I am replying in the old pub to finish up a thread that was started there!)