MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 168 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

This is too funny.

Although I think the sister's laugh is the best part.

Edit: Me!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:This is too funny.

Although I think the sister's laugh is the best part.

Edit: You!!

I made the same comment on my FB page when I posted that vid the other day. I watched it three times and laughed each time.

polarbear22

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polarbear22

Working from home during the storm. Storm Nemo (per The Weather Channel) or Storm Charlotte (Per our local CBS station), or Blizzard of 2013 per NBC and the other local channels.

Learned that there is no official naming, or any convention, in using names on winter storms. Just how much they want to hype it.

My only concern is that my son is having some shoulder surgery. He needs to get in and then out of recovery in time to get home before roads get bad. He actually may be in already, which means he should be back home before it really gets started. Timing is everything.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 152 Private Messages rjquillin
edthebedhead wrote:Yes, many will pay back.

BUT
They charge you at the retail rate, and pay you at the wholesale rate. Weak. It's like 11 cents vs .2 cents.

Still checking, but I'm still under the belief in SD the rates are similar, but at some anniversary date when you square up, there will be no payment for power generated in excess of what was consumed. Not a deal killer, but do need to properly understand the nits of this.

CT

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

I don't see how there can be so much hype over a predicted one foot of snow. Oh no!!

The only thing I'm worried about is that my Orange Crusher stays far, far away during this. In Reno at the moment.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

I love Fed Ex. Yesterday it said my Orange Crusher would be delivered today, now it says it'll be delivered on Wednesday. What's five days between friends?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:I made the same comment on my FB page when I posted that vid the other day. I watched it three times and laughed each time.

Are we fiends on FB??? Cause the post I first saw it on, was the other day, and said that about the sis. Or maybe it was one of the comments?? Cause I liked the post.

And love your new pic. You should use that for your Woot image.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

coynedj wrote:I love Fed Ex. Yesterday it said my Orange Crusher would be delivered today, now it says it'll be delivered on Wednesday. What's five days between friends?

Evidently, 20,000 leagues under the sea.

polarbear22

polarbear22 wrote:Working from home during the storm. Storm Nemo (per The Weather Channel) or Storm Charlotte (Per our local CBS station), or Blizzard of 2013 per NBC and the other local channels.

Learned that there is no official naming, or any convention, in using names on winter storms. Just how much they want to hype it.

My only concern is that my son is having some shoulder surgery. He needs to get in and then out of recovery in time to get home before roads get bad. He actually may be in already, which means he should be back home before it really gets started. Timing is everything.

Only an inch or two so far. Son is on the way home, with a stop for pain meds. So looking good.

And the storm is moving off faster, so we are back to 10-15 inches instead of more like 30 inches. Heaviest snow overnight, so I won't be keeping up with the shovel. I have a good plow guy, so little sleep for him, but he will hit the driveway a couple of times.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

15 minutes ago it was bright and sunny when I looked out. Thought, "Where's the rain?"

It just showed up again (rained overnight). Supposed to clear up by 11:30 am, but then Thundershowers from 4 to 11 pm.

Then a bright and sunny weekend ahead!

joelsisk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages joelsisk
MarkDaSpark wrote:15 minutes ago it was bright and sunny when I looked out. Thought, "Where's the rain?"

It just showed up again (rained overnight). Supposed to clear up by 11:30 am, but then Thundershowers from 4 to 11 pm.

Just got a text from my mom in PV. It's hailing.

bahwm

quality posts: 24 Private Messages bahwm
polarbear22 wrote:Only an inch or two so far. Son is on the way home, with a stop for pain meds. So looking good.

And the storm is moving off faster, so we are back to 10-15 inches instead of more like 30 inches. Heaviest snow overnight, so I won't be keeping up with the shovel. I have a good plow guy, so little sleep for him, but he will hit the driveway a couple of times.

Good news on your son & on the reduced snow amounts. Any reduction in the wind speed in sight?

We had some freezing rain and now heavy wet snow flakes. About an inch or two on the ground.Schools in our immediate area are in session. After school activities are being cancelled.

Stay warm and safe!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

polarbear22

bahwm wrote:Good news on your son & on the reduced snow amounts. Any reduction in the wind speed in sight?

We had some freezing rain and now heavy wet snow flakes. About an inch or two on the ground.Schools in our immediate area are in session. After school activities are being cancelled.

Stay warm and safe!

Wind in my town is only 25-30 mph over night forecast. We are far enough west to be on the edge. We get a little more snow at times due to being in a valley, and the Berkshire foothills being north and west. So while the wind is still high, it will only be a drifting issue for us. Not much of a tree down/power loss problem.

Thanks, and enjoy your weekend.

My Cellar

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny

For all the PS lovers, Wine Enthusiast has a nice little article just in time for Dark and Delicious.

Taming Petite Sirah

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

cortot20

quality posts: 110 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:15 minutes ago it was bright and sunny when I looked out. Thought, "Where's the rain?"

I just watched it go from sunny to hail to back to sunny all in 20 minutes.

CT

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

May I add a plug to support one of my best friends from high school? He's going to take the Polar Bear Plunge in support of the Special Olympics. He has a beautiful 4yo boy with Down Syndrome.

Thanks!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rjquillin

cortot20 wrote:I just watched it go from sunny to hail to back to sunny all in 20 minutes.

Pretty much the same here in SD just now as well. Would have been ~very~ loud in my tin roofed hangar.

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Are we fiends on FB??? Cause the post I first saw it on, was the other day, and said that about the sis. Or maybe it was one of the comments?? Cause I liked the post.

You're just a fiend

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Just watched the weather... How is everyone surviving the Big Storm? be safe!!!!

rjquillin

Anyone look at the "stuff you bought" page lately? I didn't think they could make it any worse, but they succeeded in absolutely grand style. It now ~totally~ sucks. Used to be you could at least edit a page number in the url and quickly get to old pages. Not now, they coded in a cutesy little popout where all you can do is slough through page after page to find your stuff.

This is back to chipping granite.

Waddams Threatens Fire are the monkeys thinking.
Oh, they aren't...

CT

mother

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mother
mommadeb1 wrote:Just watched the weather... How is everyone surviving the Big Storm? be safe!!!!

The snow here is literally at omgwtfbbq levels already...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus
rjquillin wrote:Anyone look at the "stuff you bought" page lately? I didn't think they could make it any worse, but they succeeded in absolutely grand style. It now ~totally~ sucks. Used to be you could at least edit a page number in the url and quickly get to old pages. Not now, they coded in a cutesy little popout where all you can do is slough through page after page to find your stuff.

This is back to chipping granite.

Waddams Threatens Fire are the monkeys thinking.
Oh, they aren't...

At least they gave us a gatherings ta.... Oh. Right.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Are we fiends on FB??? Cause the post I first saw it on, was the other day, and said that about the sis. Or maybe it was one of the comments?? Cause I liked the post.

Not that I know of. Friend of friends maybe? Like of a volunteer moderator that never shows his face around here any more.

And

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:You're just a fiend

No, you are!!!!!

Edit: Or should that be ... "I know you are, but what am I?"

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Not that I know of. Friend of friends maybe? Like of a volunteer moderator that never shows his face around here any more.

And

That might be it ...

... and right back atcha!

Cause now that you mention it, when are we getting our Gatherings Tab? Plus a Search feature on Stuff We Bought? Cause it's not fun going thru 99 bottles ... err, 99 pages of stuff.

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:That might be it ...

... and right back atcha!

And now that you mention it, when are we getting our Gatherings Tab? Plus a Search feature on Stuff We Bought? Cause it's not fun going thru 99 bottles ... err, 99 pages of stuff.

They tell me nothing.

There's a long list of stuff on the wish list and a small group of developers. I did just submit a request for the Tab again.

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:They tell me nothing.

There's a long list of stuff on the wish list and a small group of developers. I did just submit a request for the Tab again.

Thanks for trying.

MarkDaSpark

Okay, I'm only interested in the Chancellor Noir bottle, any one in the SoCal area ordering a set, and not want it?

polarbear22

We're thinking 20-24 inches here. Hard to tell with all the drifting. There are spots closer to three feet. And at one corner of my garage, you can see the driveway still. They had us back into an 18+ area, influenced by the foothills. So fairly accurate forecast.

Town says that they are starting by using payloaders to clear roads, and then the plows. Snow was falling at 6 inches an hour at one point, so they had to pull the plows off the roads. And the storm took over.

So we are likely in the house for the day, with periodic forays to shovel the front walk, etc. One neighbor is blowing a path up the long driveway. Don't know if he knows the roads are buried, so it will do no good. At points, it is nearly up to his waist. But fun to see the snow plume since it is so fluffy.

My Cellar

rjquillin

ThunderThighs wrote:They tell me nothing.

TT, while you're at it, please please please see how the stuff you bought can be made functional. A few of us have been vocal about this, but it just keeps getting worse, and I didn't think that was even possible.

CT

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:We're thinking 20-24 inches here. Hard to tell with all the drifting. There are spots closer to three feet. And at one corner of my garage, you can see the driveway still. They had us back into an 18+ area, influenced by the foothills. So fairly accurate forecast.

Town says that they are starting by using payloaders to clear roads, and then the plows. Snow was falling at 6 inches an hour at one point, so they had to pull the plows off the roads. And the storm took over.

So we are likely in the house for the day, with periodic forays to shovel the front walk, etc. One neighbor is blowing a path up the long driveway. Don't know if he knows the roads are buried, so it will do no good. At points, it is nearly up to his waist. But fun to see the snow plume since it is so fluffy.

Like this???

Cause I can so see you doing it.

polarbear22

MarkDaSpark wrote:Like this???

Cause I can so see you doing it.

Yeah, one of those days where I wish I still had a snowblower. Gave mine to a friend years ago. Digging through three feet of drifts on the front walk was no fun.

Also, neighbor is too far away to spray with a snowblower. You forget I leave in the woods.

My Cellar

mommadeb1

mother wrote:The snow here is literally at omgwtfbbq levels already...

do you still have power?

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:We're thinking 20-24 inches here. Hard to tell with all the drifting. There are spots closer to three feet. And at one corner of my garage, you can see the driveway still. They had us back into an 18+ area, influenced by the foothills. So fairly accurate forecast.

do you still have power? I guess you don't want to know it is 80 here today?

polarbear22

mommadeb1 wrote:do you still have power? I guess you don't want to know it is 80 here today?

Yes, no power problems. Glad to hear it is nice there. Tough work, but part of what I expect every couple of years.

Ribs and Zinfandel tonight.

My Cellar

polarbear22

Here is the front walk.
Shovel is five feet, so you can see how deep.

And here is SWMBO as she clears the back walk after clearing the deck.

My Cellar

mother

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mother
mommadeb1 wrote:do you still have power?

Yes thank goodness! (Particularly because I'm still stuck here as they haven't cleared my street yet!)

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Yeah, one of those days where I wish I still had a snowblower. Gave mine to a friend years ago. Digging through three feet of drifts on the front walk was no fun.

Also, neighbor is too far away to spray with a snowblower. You forget what I leave in the woods.

IFTFY.

Thus answering the question of what a bear does in them.

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Here is the front walk.
Shovel is five feet, so you can see how deep.

And here is SWMBO as she clears the back walk after clearing the deck.

So is that her shovel, or are they both hers?

Edit: And perhaps you should get this for her birthday and/or Mother's Day??

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:

No, you are!!!!!

Edit: Or should that be ... "I know you are, but what am I?"

Yeah you clearly did not see your own typo in the post i replied to ;-)

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"