HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 28 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cheron98 wrote:Lies. I haven't seen things in your CT marked as vinotheque 0.x



It's always been there....



It's a single Bin that lists all 19 bottles that are in there. There are no column designations, since there aren't any columns in that section of the fridge.



EDIT: Sparklieiscious!

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

otolith


quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Man, some of you are anal at keeping records!

I'm just lazy...I kinda like that it's like Christmas when I go down to my cellar to pick something out.

edit: thought for sure there'd be a filter in there...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
otolith wrote:Man, some of you are anal at keeping records!

I'm just lazy...I kinda like that it's like Christmas when I go down to my cellar to pick something out.

edit: thought for sure there'd be a filter in there...



Apparently, woot likes anal.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

polarbear22


quality posts: 33 Private Messages polarbear22
otolith wrote:Man, some of you are anal at keeping records!

I'm just lazy...I kinda like that it's like Christmas when I go down to my cellar to pick something out.

edit: thought for sure there'd be a filter in there...


Yeah, I thought they filtered Christmas.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

rjquillin


quality posts: 153 Private Messages rjquillin

So I've got FS due to Stillman. What on plus am I going to regret not getting; Calstar? Not a lot of chatter there, or purchases of the Chard.

CT

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ajrod27 wrote:For somebody who is computer savvy, typing C6B instead of C6 is hardly extra work. And though the gain in small, it's still worth the 'extra work', IMO.



Not to mention the fact that even if it is in the back, you still have to pull out the front one first anyway, and, I dunno about you, but I'd probably be looking at and processing the bottle being pulled out anyway. Then would probably shove that bottle to the back and now you have to update CT for that bottle to note it being in the back.

But is it really the back when there is no other bottle in front of it? And is it really the front if no bottle is behind it?

Hmmm...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cmaldoon


quality posts: 61 Private Messages cmaldoon
bhodilee wrote:Apparently, woot likes anal.



Does woot really? Or does it just tolerate our occasional whims?

2014 - 10 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot)
Last purchase: 3/4/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl.
2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
Bungled Original Communicator 2 My Cellar

kylemittskus


quality posts: 225 Private Messages kylemittskus
cmaldoon wrote:Does woot really? Or does it just tolerate it to keep us happy?



Awkward.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cmaldoon


quality posts: 61 Private Messages cmaldoon
kylemittskus wrote:Awkward.



Laughs. Just returning serve for Bowtie.

2014 - 10 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot)
Last purchase: 3/4/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl.
2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
Bungled Original Communicator 2 My Cellar

tiger7610


quality posts: 15 Private Messages tiger7610

Waiting for bowtie's response...

rjquillin


quality posts: 153 Private Messages rjquillin
tiger7610 wrote:Waiting for bowtie's response...

Who took my sake?

CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 153 Private Messages rjquillin

Wondering, and pondering...

Does anyone else have solar PV for their residence? Comments?
I think I'm about to write a check for a system that will cost more than my first home!

CT

trifecta


quality posts: 66 Private Messages trifecta

Wow. Fastest wine.woot delivery ever. Orange Crusher arrived just 2 days after ordering.

rjquillin


quality posts: 153 Private Messages rjquillin
trifecta wrote:Wow. Fastest wine.woot delivery ever. Orange Crusher arrived just 2 days after ordering.

Scheduled for delivery tomorrow. WD and WCC staff rock! Wine Farm too...
wonder how that vinegar is progressing?

CT

chemvictim


quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
cmaldoon wrote:Does woot really? Or does it just tolerate our occasional whims?



guffaw

cortot20


quality posts: 111 Private Messages cortot20
trifecta wrote:Wow. Fastest wine.woot delivery ever. Orange Crusher arrived just 2 days after ordering.



That simply means they already had it in the warehouse ready to go.

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 169 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Not to mention the fact that even if it is in the back, you still have to pull out the front one first anyway, and, I dunno about you, but I'd probably be looking at and processing the bottle being pulled out anyway. Then would probably shove that bottle to the back and now you have to update CT for that bottle to note it being in the back.

But is it really the back when there is no other bottle in front of it? And is it really the front if no bottle is behind it?

Hmmm...



I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!


Name that song!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tiger7610


quality posts: 15 Private Messages tiger7610

Today's wine woot is very special. I guess they ran out of peanuts.

trifecta


quality posts: 66 Private Messages trifecta
cortot20 wrote:That simply means they already had it in the warehouse ready to go.



Agreed. But after more than a hundred orders, this was the record.

cmaldoon


quality posts: 61 Private Messages cmaldoon
trifecta wrote:Wow. Fastest wine.woot delivery ever. Orange Crusher arrived just 2 days after ordering.



Mine too! It's good to be close to HQ

2014 - 10 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot)
Last purchase: 3/4/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl.
2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
Bungled Original Communicator 2 My Cellar

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 169 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:Scheduled for delivery tomorrow. WD and WCC staff rock! Wine Farm too...
wonder how that vinegar is progressing?



Same here ... although still waiting on the St. Supéry to ship.



I'm beginning to suspect that my shipping kerfluffles was due to Woot-offs and/or multiple orders just before and after Midnight PT. Like if I ordered the wine before midnight, and then ordered regular Woot just after. Or vice versa.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 169 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
trifecta wrote:Agreed. But after more than a hundred orders, this was the record.



Although, before the more than one WW in a week, I used to regularly get orders two or three days after ordering. Of course, that was before Troubles 1 (the first website reboot) & 2 (The Troubles).


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
tiger7610 wrote:Waiting for bowtie's response...



on? I think today's woot pretty much shows that they're open to experimentation. Some may say "whore". Some may say, what the deuce?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
rjquillin wrote:Wondering, and pondering...

Does anyone else have solar PV for their residence? Comments?
I think I'm about to write a check for a system that will cost more than my first home!



two ways to look at this. One, depending on where you are you can conceivably sell power back to the grid.

Second, and if you think I'm at all joking you are dead wrong, when the zombie apocalypse happens, you'll have power while us other poor saps are driving around in our jalopies trying to stay safe.

On the downside, it's only going to be about a month, once people realize the government has collapsed and anarchy reigns, before someone breaks in, kills you, and takes over your house.

basically, if you're going to do this, you need to make sure to invest in some robust anti-intrustion technology. We're talking bars, bulletproof windows, reinforced doors. (this will also help keep the zombies out) Oh, you'll want a close spaced iron fence sunk at least six feet deep in concrete.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

trifecta


quality posts: 66 Private Messages trifecta
bhodilee wrote:two ways to look at this. One, depending on where you are you can conceivably sell power back to the grid.

Second, and if you think I'm at all joking you are dead wrong, when the zombie apocalypse happens, you'll have power while us other poor saps are driving around in our jalopies trying to stay safe.

On the downside, it's only going to be about a month, once people realize the government has collapsed and anarchy reigns, before someone breaks in, kills you, and takes over your house.

basically, if you're going to do this, you need to make sure to invest in some robust anti-intrustion technology. We're talking bars, bulletproof windows, reinforced doors. (this will also help keep the zombies out) Oh, you'll want a close spaced iron fence sunk at least six feet deep in concrete.



Haha... You will also have some additional investment for your PV system then. The big financial advantage to selling it back to the grid is you don't need your own batteries. You can do both, its just more expensive.

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
trifecta wrote:Haha... You will also have some additional investment for your PV system then. The big financial advantage to selling it back to the grid is you don't need your own batteries. You can do both, its just more expensive.



Walking Dead is totally back this Sunday. I'm not excited about it at all.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bahwm


quality posts: 24 Private Messages bahwm

Did anybody else notice that there's a lot of red in the pictures for today's woot offers?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin


quality posts: 153 Private Messages rjquillin
bahwm wrote:Did anybody else notice that there's a lot of red in the pictures for today's woot offers?

Those Fila capris in red would have been a bit much tho..

CT

cortot20


quality posts: 111 Private Messages cortot20
bhodilee wrote:two ways to look at this. One, depending on where you are you can conceivably sell power back to the grid.

Second, and if you think I'm at all joking you are dead wrong, when the zombie apocalypse happens, you'll have power while us other poor saps are driving around in our jalopies trying to stay safe.

On the downside, it's only going to be about a month, once people realize the government has collapsed and anarchy reigns, before someone breaks in, kills you, and takes over your house.

basically, if you're going to do this, you need to make sure to invest in some robust anti-intrustion technology. We're talking bars, bulletproof windows, reinforced doors. (this will also help keep the zombies out) Oh, you'll want a close spaced iron fence sunk at least six feet deep in concrete.



Forget all the precautions, everyone knows all you need is a sharksuit.

CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 153 Private Messages rjquillin
bhodilee wrote:two ways to look at this. One, depending on where you are you can conceivably sell power back to the grid.

In CA the account is credited back for power returned to the grid. But if I understand correctly, only in an amount to offset usage; that is you won't be reimbursed should you be a net producer.


Second, and if you think I'm at all joking you are dead wrong, when the zombie apocalypse happens, you'll have power while us other poor saps are driving around in our jalopies trying to stay safe.

There are caveats to that as well. Most systems are 'grid-tie' systems and are prevented from producing usable power in the event of a power failure. The thinking here is they don't want systems energizing the utility grid in an uncontrolled manner. Should the grid become powered down for some reason, maintenance, they want it OFF, period, no surprises for linemen.
However the PV system could be connected via an automatic transfer system but this entails additional complexity, and to remain functional would require some battery back-up, or other, capability.
Again, as I currently understand this, some number of breakers/circuits the owner desires to remain energized in the event of an outage are rewired to the local side of the transfer switch; so you don't get the entire house, but important things, like wine coolers. The battery bank would then power an inverter, similar to what you may find in an auto to provide 117VAC, and this provides an excitation signal so the converters attached to the PV panels will 'think' the grid is still happening and continue working. Those local circuits are disconnected from the grid and are just local; the rest of the circuits are still connected to the grid during the outage. The battery system could, if large enough, actually provide power during darkness, but that type of a system really cranks up the $$$ to install, and maintain. Another option is a local fueled generator.


On the downside, it's only going to be about a month, once people realize the government has collapsed and anarchy reigns, before someone breaks in, kills you, and takes over your house.

basically, if you're going to do this, you need to make sure to invest in some robust anti-intrustion technology. We're talking bars, bulletproof windows, reinforced doors. (this will also help keep the zombies out) Oh, you'll want a close spaced iron fence sunk at least six feet deep in concrete.

Any yes, pretty much agree on this as well, and protecting your garden and any livestock as well!

CT

trifecta


quality posts: 66 Private Messages trifecta
rjquillin wrote:In CA the account is credited back for power returned to the grid. But if I understand correctly, only in an amount to offset usage; that is you won't be reimbursed should you be a net producer.



This may depend on your utility company. I am pretty sure some of them will actually pay you if there is net power coming from your system. Some of the local schools in the area are trying to make use of the public land they have and are putting in large systems that more than offset usage with the goal to be making income from the utility.

http://www.santaclarausd.org/news.cfm?story=95829&school=0

bahwm


quality posts: 24 Private Messages bahwm
rjquillin wrote:Those Fila capris in red would have been a bit much tho..


Ooooo, scary thought!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin


quality posts: 153 Private Messages rjquillin

To all the nor-easters, here's hoping the storm hype we're hearing about is more bluster than reality.

Stay warm and safe.

Supposed to be rainy and cold here in the south-west this weekend.
Gotta bring in some firewood.

CT

joelsisk


quality posts: 5 Private Messages joelsisk

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
rjquillin wrote:To all the nor-easters, here's hoping the storm hype we're hearing about is more bluster than reality.

Stay warm and safe.

Supposed to be rainy and cold here in the south-west this weekend.
Gotta bring in some firewood.



It's when weather like this is predicted, I am glad I live where I do... It was 82 today and sunny. we are expecting rain tonight.... but for the next couple of days, we will be in the upper 70's low 80's!!

stay warm and safe everyone!!

tiger7610


quality posts: 15 Private Messages tiger7610

But storms can be cool if you dont have to drive. In ithaca we keep missing all the named storms. I want one that is named after one of my favorite jules verne characters, and a great nightwish song.

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
tiger7610 wrote:Today's wine woot is very special. I guess they ran out of peanuts.



Yes. What is up with this crap on wine.woot? Seriously.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

edthebedhead


quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
polarbear22 wrote:I am laughing. My CT system, that I cannot keep up to date on, has two locations -- cellar and "under stairs". Under stairs is a back section of the cellar, with a small door off the unfinished area. Used mainly for Bordeaux and Corison - wine that needs to age a while. So the majority of my cellar is just listed as being in the area. Very little trouble finding a bottle, except when I already drank it and did not remove from CT. And I reorganize between single bottle and bin racks regularly, so a real PITA to try and track specific location.

Basically, my coding is binary -- got it/don't got it.




... Well, find something you do have, and enjoy it while it snows!

edthebedhead


quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

This is the best Pub I've read in a while - I love it.

Some good organization, lack there of, and OCD ness.

I don't have enough bottles to warrant any sorting, but we'll see if the budget makes some room this year.

edthebedhead


quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
trifecta wrote:This may depend on your utility company. I am pretty sure some of them will actually pay you if there is net power coming from your system. Some of the local schools in the area are trying to make use of the public land they have and are putting in large systems that more than offset usage with the goal to be making income from the utility.

http://www.santaclarausd.org/news.cfm?story=95829&school=0




Yes, many will pay back.

BUT
They charge you at the retail rate, and pay you at the wholesale rate. Weak. It's like 11 cents vs .2 cents.