rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
crusherwinemaker wrote:As I posted earlier, the blend is about the same but the vintage difference was noticable in the grapes and ultimately the wine. This 2011 is a bit more translucent and golden, rather than orange like the 2010. I find the aromatics to be stronger and more pronouced - and definitely more "funky" this year. In the mouth, the tastes are more consistent with the 2010. Ultimately, you will find this is a pretty different wine than 2010.

Perhaps you, or Gloria, might be able to comment on how one may, if possible/likely, perceive the slight increase in TA?
Any additional info on cooperage used? Age, toast, old/new mix?

I'm already in on this, just looking for additional insights.

Thanks.

Sparky!

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:This was my one planned purchase. Not another bottle until March 1.

PFFFFT

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

paney2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paney2

I loved the last offering and I was waiting for this but I don't start my new job until March and I'm too poor right now. WHY? WHY? Why couldn't you have waited until March? WHY?

monniewolf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages monniewolf

Help! Woot thinks I am under 21. While I'd normally be flattered, I'd really like to buy this wine. I'm 35-years-old!

I looked around to see if I could enter a birthdate somewhere and cannot find it.

monniewolf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages monniewolf
monniewolf wrote:Help! Woot thinks I am under 21. While I'd normally be flattered, I'd really like to buy this wine. I'm 35-years-old!

I looked around to see if I could enter a birthdate somewhere and cannot find it.

Never mind, I found the DOB link under shipping address.

crusherwinemaker

quality posts: 12 Private Messages crusherwinemaker
rjquillin wrote:Perhaps you, or Gloria, might be able to comment on how one may, if possible/likely, perceive the slight increase in TA?
Any additional info on cooperage used? Age, toast, old/new mix?

I'm already in on this, just looking for additional insights.

Thanks.

Sparky!

TA is tricky because it is one element working amongst many others. It is like asking how changing the tune on one violin in an orchestra affects the entire song (dramatic rhethoric, huh?!). Typically TA (Total Acidity) is defined by its crispness, zest, or freshness of the wine. But that can be mitigated or enhanced by the other elements, such as sweetness (thoough this wine is dry), oak, alcohol, viscosity, etc.

This wine did see a touch of neutral (used) oak barrels to give it a whisper of vanilla and some aromatics as well.

timdthomas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages timdthomas
ThunderThighs wrote:

Fine. Be that way. See if I care.

I just bottled 30 bottles of Chardonnay, 8 bottles of blackberry, 8 bottles of vanilla infused, and 8 bottles of pineapple.

With that and the way too many to count bottles already in the basement, I think I'm good. Though I never had tasted one of these new fangled orange blends before. Hmm ...

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mrsjhaye

Yah! I was afraid when I got home from work this would be sold out. Got my order in! Hope it lives up to expectations based on previous wine wooters comments.

jackiecanev2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jackiecanev2
mrsjhaye wrote:Yah! I was afraid when I got home from work this would be sold out. Got my order in! Hope it lives up to expectations based on previous wine wooters comments.

I'm honestly surprised it's NOT sold out - especially given that last year's sold out in the morning, the rest was put up and sold out again in early afternoon. And that lot was a hair larger than this year's production!

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
jackiecanev2 wrote:I'm honestly surprised it's NOT sold out - especially given that last year's sold out in the morning, the rest was put up and sold out again in early afternoon. And that lot was a hair larger than this year's production!

But it was also offered to 34 states and this year only 27 are on the list. In any event, the button is now pulsing. I liked it better when it bounced.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson

LAST CALL!!! The big yellow button is pulsating.

sugarpearls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sugarpearls

Boooo . . . first time I want something from wine.woot, and I can't ship it to Ohio. ;_;

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:That being the case, guess I'll grab another now and not chance it appearing in a woot-off later. How many kids you have going to college? Can I claim any of them?

If you're doubling/tripling up then maybe I an persuade you to add a bottle to my list?

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:If you're doubling/tripling up then maybe I an persuade you to add a bottle to my list?

Or even two, absolutely.

CT

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Or even two, absolutely.

Wonderful My curiosity will be sated on this one!

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1
chipgreen wrote:I am also in OH and was able to ship it to New York by choosing to send it as a gift.

EDIT: IIRC you live pretty close to me so if the gift purchase doesn't work for you, I can probably spare a couple bottles but I won't have it in my possession until late April/early May.

Thanks for the offer. I tried to buy and ship to Chicago again,and this time it worked. I was looking forward to this offering, and then when OH wasn't on the list I was frantic! But we got it.

Keep in mind future offerings that aren't available in OH. I could do the same thing thru my daughter for both of us.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz

Hate you wine woot. This will be by only feb. Purchase. It has to be. I hope.

"The older I get the better I was"

yorknh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh
crusherwinemaker wrote:
This wine did see a touch of neutral (used) oak barrels to give it a whisper of vanilla and some aromatics as well.

How does that compare to the 2010? If the oak is a touch less present this time around but the other flavors are largely the same, this may really be a treat.

BTW, congrats on another sellout.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

got in ...I missed this last time..... yea me!!

DMfan8604

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DMfan8604

Oh no!!! Missed it by 14 minutes! Learned my lesson about reading ALL the posts instead of just buying.

If anyone in Austin, TX can part with one, I'd be happy to buy it from ya plus a couple $$ !

chipgreen

mrn1 wrote:Thanks for the offer. I tried to buy and ship to Chicago again,and this time it worked. I was looking forward to this offering, and then when OH wasn't on the list I was frantic! But we got it.

Keep in mind future offerings that aren't available in OH. I could do the same thing thru my daughter for both of us.

Sounds good, glad u were able to get it. I actually have a sister with a condo in Chicago as well but don't think she would be thrilled about me shipping wine to her place unless it was for her!

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1
chipgreen wrote:Sounds good, glad u were able to get it. I actually have a sister with a condo in Chicago as well but don't think she would be thrilled about me shipping wine to her place unless it was for her!

My daughter thought it was so nice I was shipping her wine. If it wasn't this offer I old have just let have it. Told her it was for all of us to enjoy....which it is. That how I justified the purchase to my wife!

chipgreen

mrn1 wrote:My daughter thought it was so nice I was shipping her wine. If it wasn't this offer I old have just let have it. Told her it was for all of us to enjoy....which it is. That how I justified the purchase to my wife!

Nice

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808
crusherwinemaker wrote:Ultimately, you will find this is a pretty different wine than 2010.

Ooooh! Ooooh! Mr. Kotter!
Is it because this one goes to '11?

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
avonleacavendish wrote:I am interested in splitting. Oakland/SF area.

I ordered one this morning. If you still want a pair, please PM me.
THanks

Neal K Bharadwaj

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
North316 wrote:By your definition, there must be A LOT of "unique" businesses out there. There are very few "white collar" jobs that have problems with people receiving personal packages as work, no matter what it is. If you aren't consuming it at work, it's generally not a problem. Yes, that is not the case everywhere, but I definitely wouldn't say it is the exception either.

The company I work at allow personal deliveries of wine, as well as consumption of it on premise

Every Friday afternoon we crack open a bottle, or two (or?).

joshsting

quality posts: 11 Private Messages joshsting
mike808 wrote:Ooooh! Ooooh! Mr. Kotter!
Is it because this one goes to '11?

LOL! Isnt that a spinal tap quote?

klezman

bsevern wrote:The company I work at allow personal deliveries of wine, as well as consumption of it on premise

Every Friday afternoon we crack open a bottle, or two (or?).

Same here
In fact, we had a shipment of 8 cases last week (not for me).

jonianne29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonianne29

Re. Fed Ex Home Delivery to business addresses: Yes, I understand that some companies prohibit alcohol on premises and/or personal deliveries. My points are these: 1) Why the recent change? In 3+ years of ordering wine from woot and using my business address, I don't recall ever having the packages ship via Home Delivery; and 2) isn't the onus on the buyer? Yes, if my business prohibits me from receiving alcohol, then it's on me if there is a delivery problem, not on the winery or Fed Ex. Shouldn't the shipper (i.e., winery) trust that the customer knows what he/she's doing when designating a delivery address? I appreciate that Fed Ex makes it easy to re-route a package en route. Unfortunately it's not easy to get to the pick up location in the zoo of a town in which I have to drive. I devote a disproportionate chunk of my life and sanity to my job, and we do not prohibit personal/alcohol deliveries, so what's the big deal? And in my experience with UPS, home delivery is more expensive than business delivery, so I would imagine it is the same for Fed Ex. This seemingly newfangled "Home Delivery" default seems like a bad practice on several levels to me. And it is a preventable inconvenience for me personally. I e-mailed woot and was told this is a winery practice, not a woot instruction to the wineries. Does that mean I need to contact every winery after I place a wine woot order? Good luck with that...

NedDawg

quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg

Received my shipment today in SoCal. Now, where to put it, and when to pop it?

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

I bought two 4-packs of this wine. Yesterday I went to pick up my order at the FedEx office, and they had only one box. Does this mean the other one is still in transit? I'm concerned since I only received one shipping notification for th order, and now it shows "delivered". I don't usually double up on a wine order, so I don't really know what to expect. Anyone know?

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

xdavex

quality posts: 16 Private Messages xdavex

My local Kinkos is 123 miles away. I always have signature required purchases delivered to my workplace.

I had an estimated delivery date of the 9th but now it reads N/A, no updates since it left Sacramento. It is coming to the northeast so I imagine the snow storm put the kibosh on that.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

xdavex wrote:My local Kinkos is 123 miles away. I always have signature required purchases delivered to my workplace.

I had an estimated delivery date of the 9th but now it reads N/A, no updates since it left Sacramento. It is coming to the northeast so I imagine the snow storm put the kibosh on that.

Very likely. Here's the service delays notice for that area as of today.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jazzyblueskat1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazzyblueskat1

I have been waiting over a year to get this also. I am not a wine connoisseur by any stretch of the imagination, this wine just seemed so intriguing and was such a fast seller that I had to get it this time. Can't wait to get home and try it!

jetman5443

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jetman5443

Well, Couldn't wait...

Popped and poured, definitely NOT orange...

Seriously lack luster, decent wine if you're into chardonnay, not a hint of anything near orange...

treylunn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treylunn
jetman5443 wrote:

Popped and poured, definitely NOT orange...

I'm with jet, definitely NOT orange. I felt a little silly after telling my GF about all the woot hype on this stuff and then pouring a couple of glasses of white wine. I thought the wine was tasty though. Not much of white drinker but there is definitely something more interesting going on than Chards I've had in the past.

jetman5443

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jetman5443

I've only gotten 4 out of the 8 bottles thus far. Annoying as I have to drive out of my way to pick it up, and assumed it would have been all 8 bottles...

Will I be getting four more?

Can I cancel the four I haven't received yet?

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
jetman5443 wrote:I've only gotten 4 out of the 8 bottles thus far. Annoying as I have to drive out of my way to pick it up, and assumed it would have been all 8 bottles...

Will I be getting four more?

Can I cancel the four I haven't received yet?

Check your box. I posted (above) about only getting four bottles, but just today went to unpack them and there was eight bottles! The box seemed so small and light to me--and I've bought a lot of wine here--that I just assumed there were only four.

I e-mailed Service earlier with my mea culpa.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

dorklandia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dorklandia

I got this this time, and am really not into it. If anyone's interested in three bottles, PM me!