CT link above
Winter Precautions: Ships in 3-5 Business Days

Winery website

Previous offer:
12/9/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kabraxcis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kabraxcis

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I COULDN'T GET WINE!!!!
SINCE WHEN WAS OHIO ON THE LISTTTT

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

Beverly or Wesley?

Souka

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Souka

This really reminds me of Essensia wine. Which can be bought in many stores for much less.

Not saying it's better or worse, just for those seeking a decent orange flavored wine.

Here is more info on Essensia
http://www.quadywinery.com/essensia.html

rjquillin

quality posts: 169 Private Messages rjquillin

Good company here:

First Sucker: mill
Last Wooter to Woot: rjquillin

Been waiting over a year for this.
Absolutely no brainer, sold out the entire stock in near record time last year of first release.
Unique Rose style, but not your parents sweet Rose, this has character and is a dry wine.
My CT notes: next time get max available.

CT

Cesare

quality posts: 1564 Private Messages Cesare
Souka wrote:This really reminds me of Essensia wine. Which can be bought in many stores for much less.

Not saying it's better or worse, just for those seeking a decent orange flavored wine.

Completely different thing. That is a dessert wine, this is an orange colored dry white wine.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

sdfreedive

quality posts: 22 Private Messages sdfreedive

In for 2 due to the overwhelmingly positive woot press this wine has got. The amount of wooters begging for this wine throughout the year really made this a buy even with the super high price. I don't think I've ever paid this much for a rose? so I'm really counting on the woot community to not steer me wrong.

rjquillin

quality posts: 169 Private Messages rjquillin
sdfreedive wrote:In for 2 due to the overwhelmingly positive woot press this wine has got. The amount of wooters begging for this wine throughout the year really made this a buy even with the super high price. I don't think I've ever paid this much for a rose? so I'm really counting on the woot community to not steer me wrong.

If you don't like it, I'll take it off your hands and out of your cellar.

CT

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

OK we were really on a SIWBM but this is the one we missed before that we really felt we had missed out on. I just hope it is a good as the Woot chit chat the last time (when it sold out by the time we had decided to try it).

The Crusher Big Orange White Blend

Speed to First Woot: 0m 24.662s
Last Wooter to Woot: time2testit
Last Purchase: a few seconds ago

sshapiro216

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sshapiro216

Would anybody in the Twin Cities be willing to split? I really only want one bottle (but I could take two if you want to split down the middle). Feel free to send me a PM!

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
time2testit wrote:OK we were really on a SIWBM but this is the one we missed before that we really felt we had missed out on. I just hope it is a good as the Woot chit chat the last time (when it sold out by the time we had decided to try it).

The Crusher Big Orange White Blend

Last Wooter to Woot: time2testit
Last Purchase: a few seconds ago

If you want to reduce the risk, I'll take a bottle or two. Stupid SIWBM.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
rjquillin wrote:If you don't like it, I'll take it off your hands and out of your cellar.

I've found we have similar tastes, so even though I am SOOOOOOO overstocked, I'm going to get an order of this. I'm not a fan of PN The Crusher, so I hope the Orange is more to my liking..

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
mschauber wrote:I've found we have similar tastes, so even though I am SOOOOOOO overstocked, I'm going to get an order of this. I'm not a fan of PN The Crusher, so I hope the Orange is more to my liking..

Anyone in NYC want to split this with me? Drop me a PM. I'm going to sleep now, but will check in when I wake up.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
klezman wrote:If you want to reduce the risk, I'll take a bottle or two. Stupid SIWBM.

I know what you mean. Problem is, if we like it, we'll want all 4. If we don't we'll want to share.

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

Missed out last time. Not again. In for 2.
SIWBM is more brokeder than than my wallet now.

calvinjan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calvinjan

bottle looks to read 14.8%, but the specs say 13.6%; hoping for less heat!

[MOD: It's 13.6% per the specs.]

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
time2testit wrote:I know what you mean. Problem is, if we like it, we'll want all 4. If we don't we'll want to share.

Yup, I know the feeling there also. Well, I'm not buying a set for myself so if you or anybody else wants to slough off a bottle in my direction I'm game. That's the only wine buying I'm allowed until we drink more space free.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

calvinjan wrote:bottle looks to read 14.8%, but the specs say 13.6%; hoping for less heat!

Checking.

UPDATE: It is 13.6%. This is a new vintage and we didn't have samples so we photoshopped the 2011 on the bottle. We missed the ABV. Our dirty laundry has been aired. We are embarrassed.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of February 4th.

Have you acted on that New Year's Resolution to open that wine you've saved for a special occasion???

February 2013
2/9: NorCal #?: Vintage Pinot
2/22: 2013 Dark & Delicious (Alameda, CA)
2/23 - 2/25: 2013 D&D Napa/Sonoma Weekend
2/23: NoVA/DC #28: Sweet and Sour

March
3/16: NYC #?: Cupcakes
3/22: Minnesota #20: Visitors from Afar
3/23: SoCal #24: Aged Zins
TBD: Colorado/Wyoming #?

Pending
TBD: NYC Tasting #21: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

I'm overflowing with wine so I'm essentially in a no-purchses period.

But I'd love 1 or 2 bottles of this. If anyone from DC or the close-in suburbs would like to sell/trade 1 or 2 bottles of this offering, count me in!

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

greyday

quality posts: 51 Private Messages greyday
Souka wrote:This really reminds me of Essensia wine. Which can be bought in many stores for much less.

To clarify further: orange wine in this context is a white wine that has a heavier, orange hue, as it is fermented in a red style (partially on the skins).

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

Anybody in the SF bay area want to split?

chipgreen

quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen

Is this a woot exclusive offer again or will this wine be available in retail outlets, like in Ohio perhaps?

I was prepared for Ohio to be denied shipping for The Crusher Big Orange this year due to the growth of Don & Sons' business and our "stick in the mud legislators" but it still hurts a little. Sniff.

jonianne29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonianne29

Dear Winery: Thanks for the intruiging wine - I am eager to try it. Not sure this is the proper place to ask, but woot tells me this is a winery thing, not a woot thing, so here goes: would you please not designate my order as "home delivery" when you prepare the Fed Ex info.? My shipping address includes a business name, but inexplicably, my last 2 wine woots have shipped via Fed Ex Home Delivery, which FE tells me may take until 8 pm to be delivered, and luckily I don't often work that late. I know I can (and have) re-direct to a pick up location, but that's just silly to me if it can be avoided through good communication. When there is a business name in an address, it seems obvious to me that "home delivery" is not the appropriate option. Can't understand why, after years of ordedring wine via woot, it now seems the wineries are using FE Home Delivery - maybe it's cheaper? I know two data points don't make a trend, but I'm wary now and fear every wine woot order I place will shiop this way. I'll deal no matter how you ship, but wanted to throw this out there in case it can make a difference. Thanks in advance for your customer service.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Coyne--want to split an order?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
otolith wrote:Coyne--want to split an order?

I just placed the order.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

timdthomas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages timdthomas
ThunderThighs wrote:Checking.

UPDATE: It is 13.6%. This is a new vintage and we didn't have samples so we photoshopped the 2011 on the bottle. We missed the ABV. Our dirty laundry has been aired. We are embarrassed.

I think that is illegal, and the penalty is that the product must be given away to all wooters who comment. I look forward to receiving my free wine. Thanks.

sandig7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7
timdthomas wrote:I think that is illegal, and the penalty is that the product must be given away to all wooters who comment. I look forward to receiving my free wine. Thanks.

I AGREE, ... TOTALLY!!!! YESSS!!!

mcbickley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcbickley
chipgreen wrote:Is this a woot exclusive offer again or will this wine be available in retail outlets, like in Ohio perhaps?

I was prepared for Ohio to be denied shipping for The Crusher Big Orange this year due to the growth of Don & Sons' business and our "stick in the mud legislators" but it still hurts a little. Sniff.

As I am an unsophisticated wine wooter, please explain why Ohio can't get this, but I can get other wine woots? I really wanted to try this wine.

Thanks

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
ajrod27 wrote:Anybody in the SF bay area want to split?

If you order, I'll split with you

thenativesarerestless

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thenativesarerestless

finally!!!!
been waiting for this one. so glad i got in. i can now uncork one of the bottles i've been saving!

hard to describe this wine - very unusual. something different for this red wine drinker.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

timdthomas wrote:I think that is illegal, and the penalty is that the product must be given away to all wooters who comment. I look forward to receiving my free wine. Thanks.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sealag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sealag
mcbickley wrote:As I am an unsophisticated wine wooter, please explain why Ohio can't get this, but I can get other wine woots? I really wanted to try this wine.

Thanks

I believe each winery must have an agreement with any state it ships too, so sometimes OH will be on the list if the winery has jumped through the hoops. I recently had the same question as the wines I've ordered had participated with NH, and then I went to buy a different wine and was told they do not ship to NH. So it's not woot and it's not 'all or nothing.'

All who wander are not lost.

elemental00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elemental00

well last time it was offered ohio was on the list, this time no. dissapointed doesnt seem to cover it.

sealag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sealag
elemental00 wrote:well last time it was offered ohio was on the list, this time no. dissapointed doesnt seem to cover it.

http://wine.woot.com/offers/the-crusher-red-wine-blend-4

Here is another offering from this winery, and OH is not on the list. My assumption is that they have to pay a yearly fee to each state they ship to, and apparently the Buckeye State didn't make the cut :-(

All who wander are not lost.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson

+1 (Hope that's enough!)
If MILL is in, so am I.

First Sucker:mill
Last Wooter to Woot:jmdavidson
Last Purchase:a few seconds ago

jdgriffin811

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdgriffin811

What happened to Arizona? I ordered this last year, but this year AZ has been removed from the approved shipping list, this is a real bummer man!

Maybe it was a mistake that wineWOOT! can fix ASAP so I can order.......

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
sdfreedive wrote:In for 2 due to the overwhelmingly positive woot press this wine has got. The amount of wooters begging for this wine throughout the year really made this a buy...

Went in for one for this reason and the quick sellout last year too. Would prefer a split though if anyone else in NorCal (Bay Area) wants to split.

flaura22

quality posts: 9 Private Messages flaura22
sealag wrote:http://wine.woot.com/offers/the-crusher-red-wine-blend-4

Here is another offering from this winery, and OH is not on the list. My assumption is that they have to pay a yearly fee to each state they ship to, and apparently the Buckeye State didn't make the cut :-(

I believe it has something to do with the size of the winery and number of bottles sold per year for the Ohio legislation. If the winery sells over "x" number of bottles, they may not ship to Ohio. I could be completely wrong, but for some reason I recall something to that effect from when I lived in Ohio.