WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Living Whole Foods

We, as Americans, eat poorly. Sometimes that's just a fun part of the culture that created the "road trip." But everyday? C'mon, citizens, it's time to admit it: we need our vegetables. Living Whole Foods stands ready to help. Answer the challenge! ANSWER IT!
Living Whole Foods official site

Cesare

quality posts: 1594 Private Messages Cesare

Living Whole Foods

Living Whole Foods Mini Garden Stacker Kit
$34.99 (Normally $56.90) 39% off List Price

Living Whole Foods Survival Seed Collection
$39.99 (Normally $55.95) 29% off List Price

Living Whole Foods Tofu Making Kit
$23.99 (Normally $34.95) 31% off List Price

Living Whole Foods Microgreens Kit
$34.99 (Normally $47.95) 27% off List Price

Living Whole Foods Basic Sprouting Kit
$31.99 (Normally $52.95) 40% off List Price

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

guest11111

quality posts: 1 Private Messages guest11111

harmonyindissonance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harmonyindissonance

GMO?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

harmonyindissonance wrote:GMO?

Found this little button on their website:

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

mom2hapakids

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mom2hapakids

What is the shelf life of the Preparedness Vegetable Garden kit? How long can I keep it in storage?

lboban

quality posts: 12 Private Messages lboban
mom2hapakids wrote:What is the shelf life of the Preparedness Vegetable Garden kit? How long can I keep it in storage?

Apparently, no one can count the years...

"Having an emergency food storage is one thing, but having enough survival garden seeds, that are properly dried and sealed to maintain a high germination rate for countless years is another thing entirely."

wheatgrasskits

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wheatgrasskits
mom2hapakids wrote:What is the shelf life of the Preparedness Vegetable Garden kit? How long can I keep it in storage?

up to 5 years, the seeds will still germinate after that especially if kept in a cool dry place, but germination may start to decline after the five years!

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I imagine these are popular in Portlandia.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

yayobama

quality posts: 12 Private Messages yayobama

What's a Utah-based wholesome foods product doing in the booze isle? I almost missed these greens supplies, as I never buy wine here. Maybe Woot needs a "Food" tab to boot?

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
yayobama wrote:What's a Utah-based wholesome foods product doing in the booze isle? I almost missed these greens supplies, as I never buy wine here. Maybe Woot needs a "Food" tab to boot?

Utah-based? Maybe a Mormon-based food catagory.

(Skou is short for Skouson. A real Mormon name!)

steve

wheatgrasskits

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wheatgrasskits
wheatgrasskits wrote:up to 5 years, the seeds will still germinate after that especially if kept in a cool dry place, but germination may start to decline after the five years!

Short Answer:
In general we recommend changing out the canned seed every 5 to 6 years.

Long Answer:
Both storage conditions and species play an important role in long-term viability.

Species
Most of the popular vegetable seeds store well, however onions and lettuce deteriorate more quickly. Other species such as cabbage and beet seed can easily last for several years with no special care.

Storage Conditions
Always store seed sealed, in a dry place, in the dark, and at a cool temperature. The colder the better. A cool basement is good. If you have sufficient space, a fridge or freezer is even better. Yes, you can freeze the seed IF IT IS WELL DRIED AND SEALED UP.

Under ideal conditions, most of the seed in this can will last well over 5 years.

We recently tested the last of our oldest canned seeds. This can was over ten years old, stored at room temperature. We found most of the seed still good, but the beans had died.
Another recent test of an early batch - also tested at about ten years, also stored at room temperature, also tested mostly good. In this batch the beans we good but the lettuce had died.

hanuta44

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hanuta44

Got the Micro Green kit. That is a good deal with all the parts already in it.
I already do sprouting with beans and seeds and always wanted to try the micro greens. I keep all my seeds and beans in my freezer.

Once I open them, I reseal them tight and put them inside a zippy bag and put them back in the freezer.
It is way to hot in my Texas apartment to keep seeds and beans otherwise.

xtricks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xtricks

I like these long term storage ideas for seeds but the mix packages like this are never adjusted for the different growing conditions across the country. I grow food from seed fairly regularly and it's not as simple as tossing it on the ground (unless you live in florida or n califorina), tomato and pepper seeds require a certian amount of heat, corn needs a long, pretty warm season etc. I wish they did regional packages.

connpossible

quality posts: 0 Private Messages connpossible
yayobama wrote:Maybe Woot needs a "Food" tab to boot?

This is the best/worst idea ever.

Gobenlando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gobenlando

Did anyone's stuff ship yet?

patty1955

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patty1955
Gobenlando wrote:Did anyone's stuff ship yet?

I still haven't heard anything

patty1955

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patty1955
patty1955 wrote:I still haven't heard anything

I never did get the shipping info, but the package came today

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all. Seems there was some confusion on the tracking end.

Check your tracking via FedEx, not UPS.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mtgcolwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtgcolwell

I never received a shipping update? Its' been 2 weeks since I've ordered. Where's my greens?

mtgcolwell

mtgcolwell wrote:I never received a shipping update? Its' been 2 weeks since I've ordered. Where's my greens?

Whoops. Should have read the comment above. Thanks!

mtgcolwell

mtgcolwell wrote:Whoops. Should have read the comment above. Thanks!

Checked on FedEx's reference search. It found my order(package), but says initiated on the 15th. No ETA or other information.

What's the deal?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mtgcolwell wrote:Checked on FedEx's reference search. It found my order(package), but says initiated on the 15th. No ETA or other information.

What's the deal?

I just checked it and it was picked up yesterday and is on the move.

Wine shipments (even on-wine on wine.woot) take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Please allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bobiii84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobiii84

It says there is an instructions sheet that should come with the kit but I never received one :/ I checked real fast online and didn't come up with one either, does anyone have a PDF for it? Thanks!