1%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1558 Private Messages Cesare

The Candy Basket Dark Chocolate Covered Cherry Cordials, 18 oz.
$24.99 (Normally $39.95) 37% off List Price
Winter Precautions: Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Delivered in time for Valentine's Day

Website (Broken at the moment)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Does this work out to about a dollar per piece? :-o

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

psm321

quality posts: 20 Private Messages psm321

Sorry if this is stupid, but does the brandy in the ingredients add any non-negligible alcohol content, or is it minimal? (I realize this might be a subjective question...)

shortman

quality posts: 38 Private Messages shortman

The Candy Basket side sale over at home.woot is still going on for just a bit longer too.

http://home.woot.com/plus/a-lot-of-chocolat

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii
ckeilah wrote:Does this work out to about a dollar per piece? :-o

yes. 28 cherries for $30 delivered.

hookhams

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hookhams

Mmmm dark chocolate and cherries. Nothing can go wrong.

----
Anyone know how these compare vs the staple "red" box choc covered cherries you see all over especially around Christmas? Just curious as I still have plenty of those. If these were like crazy delicious and a must buy like the salted caramels I'll have to think long ans hard before my decision can be made.

bob671

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bob671

At first glance, it looked like you guys were selling snails! Including a severely injured snail at that.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

hookhams wrote:Mmmm dark chocolate and cherries. Nothing can go wrong.

----
Anyone know how these compare vs the staple "red" box choc covered cherries you see all over especially around Christmas? Just curious as I still have plenty of those. If these were like crazy delicious and a must buy like the salted caramels I'll have to think long ans hard before my decision can be made.

DID YOU READ THE DESCRIPTION? I was drooling by the end.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Craig234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Craig234

I love chocolate covered cherries. I don't like chocolate covered cherries with alcohol. Thank goodness these have it so I can not buy them.

ginawoot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ginawoot

No offense to Candy Basket, but THESE are the ones you want: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BZ9EI8/ref=ox_ya_os_product. The cherries have not been maraschinoed, there is no sugary-sweet fondant, it's just yummy dark chocolate surrounding a cherry floating drunkenly in a pool of excellent brandy. (Definitely not for children - or only the very precocious ones.) They are imported from Germany, and are only available for a brief period every year.

I'm still hoarding a remaining precious few left from a Xmas purchase ...

raijen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raijen
ginawoot wrote:No offense to Candy Basket, but THESE are the ones you want: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BZ9EI8/ref=ox_ya_os_product. The cherries have not been maraschinoed, there is no sugary-sweet fondant, it's just yummy dark chocolate surrounding a cherry floating drunkenly in a pool of excellent brandy. (Definitely not for children - or only the very precocious ones.) They are imported from Germany, and are only available for a brief period every year.

I have to agree with ginawoot on this one. If you're a cherry cordial lover, Asbach is the best I've ever had.

ceagee

quality posts: 61 Private Messages ceagee
ginawoot wrote:No offense to Candy Basket, but THESE are the ones you want: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BZ9EI8/ref=ox_ya_os_product. The cherries have not been maraschinoed, there is no sugary-sweet fondant, it's just yummy dark chocolate surrounding a cherry floating drunkenly in a pool of excellent brandy. (Definitely not for children - or only the very precocious ones.) They are imported from Germany, and are only available for a brief period every year.

If you are someone who doesn't want the sugary filling or the alcohol:
Chocolate covered Bing Cherries
Problem, of course, is since they are not too sweet, you can consume large quantities at a time. Yummy snack treat !
You can even share them with children if you want. Big if. You might not want to share them with anyone at all .

jayarek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jayarek

So bummed it has milk fat (butter). Otherwise I was in for 3.

aurora733

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aurora733

Holy frijoles... 60 calories a piece!

BelyndaG

quality posts: 17 Private Messages BelyndaG
aurora733 wrote:Holy frijoles... 60 calories a piece!

But it has FRUIT and, as everyone knows, fruit is healthy and cancels out all calories!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

As much I absolutely love cherry cordials, these are a tad pricey at almost a dollar each. Normally that would not stop me, but when I also factor in the two boxes of salted caramels I still have, and the three boxes of candy I just bought from the Home Plus! sale (1 truffle and two caramels), I just can't jump on this sale. They should have salted some of these and included them in the Salted Assortment on the Plus sale!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
North316 wrote:As much I absolutely love cherry cordials, these are a tad pricey at almost a dollar each. Normally that would not stop me, but when I also factor in the two boxes of salted caramels I still have, and the three boxes of candy I just bought from the Home Plus! sale (1 truffle and two caramels), I just can't jump on this sale. They should have salted some of these and included them in the Salted Assortment on the Plus sale!

So what you're saying is package up some gourmet salt, a creme brulee torch and call it a "salt your own" kit? Would that work for you?

I'm just hanging out, really.

North316

inkycatz wrote:So what you're saying is package up some gourmet salt, a creme brulee torch and call it a "salt your own" kit? Would that work for you?

Yes, I am now a firm believer that all chocolate products should be salted. I think it is a no-brainer. SALT SELLS!

My CT

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
North316 wrote:Yes, I am now a firm believer that all chocolate products should be salted. I think it is a no-brainer. SALT SELLS!

So please go buy some salt. :D

I'm just hanging out, really.

sneefy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sneefy

Noooo! Dangit, Woot! I just placed and order for this and was going to place a companion order for the salted mixed box and you just removed it!

I hate you.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

inkycatz wrote:So please go buy some salt. :D

She totally suckered you into that one, North. You have no choice now but to buy salt.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

North316

ThunderThighs wrote:She totally suckered you into that one, North. You have no choice now but to buy salt.

Nah, I own plenty of salt, including a nice container of fleur de sel and lots of sea salt. I don't pay extra money for someone to infuse my salt with a flavor can I can add on my own.

My CT

J83pc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages J83pc
inkycatz wrote:So please go buy some salt. :D

I'm crushed that there's no bacon-flavored salt. Who wouldn't like their gourmet chocolates with a hint of bacon?

I would love to buy these, but I've already take advantage of the other Candy Basket deals. Of course, there was a LOT of hinting to my husband, so I should have these snagged by Valentine's Day.

You didn't always take me where I wanted to go.
No, but I always took you where you needed to go.
doctor.who

North316

If Kipi or Hayden stop by this offering, I do have one question. How will freezing or refridgeration affect these cordials? Will either have a negative effect on the filling if frozen or refridgerated then brought back to room temp for consumption?

My CT

animallover

quality posts: 6 Private Messages animallover

The Candy Basket? An automatic buy! Have bought their other products and they are superb!

I'm looking forward to trying these. My favorites used to be the Brach's brand of chocolate covered cherries, but they disappeared from store shelves years ago.

North316

MikeRaphone wrote:My favorite CCC's: http://www.amazon.com/Cellas-Chocolate-Covered-Cherries-72ct/dp/B000MRTSB8/ref=sr_1_2?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1359654356&sr=1-2&keywords=cella%27s+dark+chocolate+covered+cherries

And cheaper too.

You are really going to try and compare mass-produced chocolates that you buy at the dollar store with hand-made gourmet ones?

I'm assuming you don't buy the wine woot offers either because you prefer Franzia White Zin?

My CT

dalylink

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dalylink

Now, now. Let's not get nasty (Franzia...). I happen to like Cellas too. I think it's similar to liking what you grew up with, like your mother's cooking.

albinosun

quality posts: 3 Private Messages albinosun

Do these have a clear liquid centers or is it the white cream type of filling?

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

How come a few are wrapped in foil? Is that just for decoration, or are those different than the others?

------------------
I Bet on Sky

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
North316 wrote:You are really going to try and compare mass-produced chocolates that you buy at the dollar store with hand-made gourmet ones?

I'm assuming you don't buy the wine woot offers either because you prefer Franzia White Zin?

What are you saying about my formative years? I wouldn't be the wine snob I am today if it weren't for Franzia in my dorm!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

gmwhit

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gmwhit
BelyndaG wrote:But it has FRUIT and, as everyone knows, fruit is healthy and cancels out all calories!

And after you have this healthy liquor infused fruit, I suggest you follow it w/a bit of dark chocolate w/liquid espresso. http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Coffee-Ferrero-Piece-Packs/dp/B000Y8Y5F4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1359676158&sr=8-3&keywords=pocket+candy

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
ginawoot wrote:No offense to Candy Basket, but THESE are the ones you want: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BZ9EI8/ref=ox_ya_os_product.

Without a doubt! Asbach Uralt used to be my go-to brandy. Also, notice that the link above is for TWO layers of chocolates (50 count for $60 delivered). You can also find a box of 100g for $11 with free shipping: http://www.amazon.com/Asbach-Uralt-Chocolate-Cordial-Cherries/dp/B001L0JYLY if you want to just have a taste and not get all fat and drunk at delivery. ;-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

psm321

quality posts: 20 Private Messages psm321
J83pc wrote:I'm crushed that there's no bacon-flavored salt.

Umm, there is? Or did they add that after you complained?

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808
ginawoot wrote:No offense to Candy Basket, but THESE are the ones you want: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BZ9EI8/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Hmm. Those are $2.20/oz and $0.97/pc. The Candy Basket ones are $1.38/oz or $0.89/pc. not counting the $5 shipping for woot.

The Asbach ones are $48.69. I'm tempted for a head-to-head taste-off.