J. Dusi Paso Robles Pinot Grigio 6-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $119.20) 50% off List Price
2012 J. Dusi Pinot Grigio
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

I didn't realize there was PG planted in Paso in a large enough quantity to bottle.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

gmwhit

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gmwhit

Cesare says, "Be vewy, vewy quiet. I'm hunting winks."

Vewy quietly winks @Cesare.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gmwhit wrote:Cesare says, "Be vewy, vewy quiet. I'm hunting winks."

Vewy quietly winks @Cesare.

LOL ♥

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hokiedevil

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hokiedevil

Another one we sampled in Austin here.

*Disclaimer: I maintain a decent size collection at home and we have ZERO whites in inventory

So... in my best "most interesting man in the world" voice... I don't often drink whites, but when I do it's Pinot Grigio (My wife on the other hand prefers Sauvignon Blanc so she was not a fan of this one).

Long story short, I thought this was pretty good.
- Love the color and clarity.
- Flavor wise, I got some citrus and a little banana.
- Dry and refreshing, good for a hot summer day.
- Looks like a nice price too!

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
hokiedevil wrote:
*Disclaimer: I maintain a decent size collection at home and we have ZERO whites in inventory

Wow, you are even more hardcore than me. I've got _some_ whites in my collection despite my handle

I would almost always take a Sauvignon Blanc vs a Pinot Grigio, and this one didn't do anything to sway me. I got a very strong hit of banana from this with a slight metallic twinge. Thankfully, it didn't have the sweetness that really turns me off to some Pinot Grigios. I rated it a 6/10.

Checking the non-wooters note sheets, one person said this was crisp/dry/and citrusy and gave it 3 out of 4 stars.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

djlund999

quality posts: 3 Private Messages djlund999

Any idea of RS? I hear and see dry, but would like some specifics.

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta

I had the pleasure to taste through Janell's lineup last July from the beautiful view of the Dusi estate. All the wines were very good, clean fruit, restrained, and well balanced. The Pinot Gris I tried (2011) was quite good.

Personally don't think you can go wrong at this price. Sorry I don't have more detailed notes. I ended up coming home with Syrah, Carignan, and Zin.

Great to see J. Dusi back on woot!

ohlfahrt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ohlfahrt

And what can we expect the prime drinkability window to be? Will it hold out to 2015?

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
ohlfahrt wrote:And what can we expect the prime drinkability window to be? Will it hold out to 2015?

Don't know this wine, so I should not comment but I will anyway

Generally speaking IMHO Pinot Grigio is meant to be enjoyed fresh, and the fresher the better, no matter the origin. Not saying they get bottled today and downhill tomorrow, but if I were a buyer this wine would be sipped and enjoyed this summer.

ohlfahrt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ohlfahrt
kaolis wrote:Don't know this wine, so I should not comment but I will anyway

Generally speaking IMHO Pinot Grigio is meant to be enjoyed fresh, and the fresher the better, no matter the origin. Not saying they get bottled today and downhill tomorrow, but if I were a buyer this wine would be sipped and enjoyed this summer.

Thank you. I just ordered a double, so I shall share it with others in the family.

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta

I would love to grab a couple bottles off someone if possible. I am pretty much at capacity right now.

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

Banana in peoples description of this wine is scaring me off.

CT

jdusiwines

quality posts: 20 Private Messages jdusiwines

Hi all,

Yes there is a small amount of PG planted in Paso Robles, and the fruit quality is Great! Our Vineyard on the West side of Paso and still in that Templeton Gap area that cools down very quickly during the hot summer days.

There is a lot of tropical and fruit on the nose! Enjoy this Summer for the fresh crispness!

Cheers, Janell Dusi

jdusiwines

djlund999 wrote:Any idea of RS? I hear and see dry, but would like some specifics.

RS is 0.3%

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

[quote postid="5329208" user="hokiedevil"]Another one we sampled in Austin here.

Amen Brother, none in my wine racks also

jdusiwines

cortot20 wrote:Banana in peoples description of this wine is scaring me off.

There is an array of tropical notes in the nose, but I believe the presence on the palate is more apricots and peaches. Dry, yet full of fruit!

jdusiwines

fredrinaldi wrote:[quote postid="5329208" user="hokiedevil"]Another one we sampled in Austin here.

Amen Brother, none in my wine racks also

Then, no time better than this deal to start stocking up for the warmer months fast ahead! This Pinot Grigio is a local hot item that sells out because it is perfect weight for lunch, first course and warm weather. At this price, there is always someone that wants to start with a white wine!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
jdusiwines wrote:There is an array of tropical notes in the nose, but I believe the presence on the palate is more apricots and peaches. Dry, yet full of fruit!

Thanks for jumping on line! Someone mentioned metallic taste...can you comment on that? Also, is this best served chilled, semi chilled, or room temp (for the full expression to come through).

"The older I get the better I was"

jdusiwines

losthighwayz wrote:Thanks for jumping on line! Someone mentioned metallic taste...can you comment on that? Also, is this best served chilled, semi chilled, or room temp (for the full expression to come through).

Hi there, i enjoy it semi-chilled to bring out all the aroma and fruit and creating a nice mouth-feel. I do not get a metallic taste, but rather lots of fruit with medium body.
Enjoy!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
jdusiwines wrote:Hi there, i enjoy it semi-chilled to bring out all the aroma and fruit and creating a nice mouth-feel. I do not get a metallic taste, but rather lots of fruit with medium body.
Enjoy!

sounds great! How many cases were bottled?

"The older I get the better I was"

jdusiwines

losthighwayz wrote:sounds great! How many cases were bottled?

I was making 600 cases, but it sold out too fast! So, in 2012 I took 98% of the fruit from the whole vineyard and made 4500 cases. This is the most production this wine will max out at and why there is a possibility to even put it on woot before it is sold out.

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1

I just watched the video clip on the winery's website. While many of you might buy based wine on things like a taste,RS, etc. I buying this one based on Janell's beautiful smile! Sounds like a great summer wine!

jdusiwines

mrn1 wrote:I just watched the video clip on the winery's website. While many of you might buy based wine on things like a taste,RS, etc. I buying this one based on Janell's beautiful smile! Sounds like a great summer wine!

Vino always puts a smile on my face.... Whether making it or drinking it!

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

I watched the video too...not fair! Once I saw and heard about Dante and Dorothy, I was smitten! I'm in!

jcarlton03

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03

Obviously has nothing to do with this offer, so sorry......

But what happened to the orange wine?!?! Wasn't the crusher supposed to be back up in January? Only one day left to make that happen since Thursday is no wine wine.woot!

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
jcarlton03 wrote:Obviously has nothing to do with this offer, so sorry......

But what happened to the orange wine?!?! Wasn't the crusher supposed to be back up in January? Only one day left to make that happen since Thursday is no wine wine.woot!

They only said early 2013, they didn't specifically say January.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013