MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Paso Ad

"...real men fear only unrequited love, the road not taken, and clowns ...."

Edit: Me!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Sorry for all of you with the CyberCrud, but ...

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
MarkDaSpark wrote:Paso Ad

"...real men fear only unrequited love, the road not taken, and clowns ...."

Edit: Me!!!

What a great ad! I want to go right now!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
bahwm wrote:Back to CyberPub crud: I hope that the peeps who came up to Buffalo #10 are feeling fine and did not catch what I have! I went to school yesterday. Big mistake: eyes were watering, sneezes came frequently, nose was either totally stuffed or just plain running. NOT nice. No meds touched it. It just came on all of a sudden. Later, about 10 pm, a fever hit and so did the chills--101.6. I took some ibuprofen and off to bed I went. I am so glad that I bought an electric blanket a few weeks ago. That really helped a ton last night! By 3:30 am, the fever broke. I am home today. Slept until 10:30 and am just taking it easy. I plan on going back to bed at some point.

I hope I will be able to garner enough energy to attend a gala fundraiser that our dance studio is involved in to benefit Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. I have so been looking forward to this--it's kind of like a local Dancing with the Stars--there will even be judges for the celebrities. One of the judges is the guy who judged our dancing last year.

deer antler spray worked great for Ray Lewis. You could try that

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

Now this is a really cool idea:

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:Now this is a really cool idea:

It is really cool, but certainly not something I'd put in my kid's room! I can just see him playing with the glow balls instead of going to sleep!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
MarkDaSpark wrote:Now this is a really cool idea:

Where did you find this? Must have!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Back to CyberPub crud: I hope that the peeps who came up to Buffalo #10 are feeling fine and did not catch what I have! I went to school yesterday. Big mistake: eyes were watering, sneezes came frequently, nose was either totally stuffed or just plain running. NOT nice. No meds touched it. It just came on all of a sudden. Later, about 10 pm, a fever hit and so did the chills--101.6. I took some ibuprofen and off to bed I went. I am so glad that I bought an electric blanket a few weeks ago. That really helped a ton last night! By 3:30 am, the fever broke. I am home today. Slept until 10:30 and am just taking it easy. I plan on going back to bed at some point.

I hope I will be able to garner enough energy to attend a gala fundraiser that our dance studio is involved in to benefit Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. I have so been looking forward to this--it's kind of like a local Dancing with the Stars--there will even be judges for the celebrities. One of the judges is the guy who judged our dancing last year.

bummer!! that sounds exactly what I had.....

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:bummer!! that sounds exactly what I had.....

Ugh! And now, a nasty cough has started!

I did make it to the gala last night and managed to control most of the yuckiness. I was close enough to the ladies' room that I could easily dash off to wash my hands. You know that idea about sneezing or coughing into the inside of your elbow (whatever that's called!?), it doesn't work so well when you're wearing a sleeveless gown! Yuck!

We had a great time and even got to dance a waltz on the huge ballroom floor!
Think of huge ballrooms that you've seen in movies with about 20 couples making their way around the room and three huge crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling! It was soooo elegant--men in tuxes, women in gowns! I was done after one dance, but it was worth it!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to
Larry Schaffer of Tercero Wines!!

Happy Birthday to Larry Schaffer of Tercero Wines!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

MarkDaSpark

Imagine4vr wrote:Where did you find this? Must have!

lmgtfy

Looks like Amazon (only white?) & ThinkGeek have them (out on Think). Low stock at Creative Kidstuff.

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Ugh! And now, a nasty cough has started!

I did make it to the gala last night and managed to control most of the yuckiness. I was close enough to the ladies' room that I could easily dash off to wash my hands. You know that idea about sneezing or coughing into the inside of your elbow (whatever that's called!?), it doesn't work so well when you're wearing a sleeveless gown! Yuck!

We had a great time and even got to dance a waltz on the huge ballroom floor!
Think of huge ballrooms that you've seen in movies with about 20 couples making their way around the room and three huge crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling! It was soooo elegant--men in tuxes, women in gowns! I was done after one dance, but it was worth it!

sounds lovely!!! not the coughing bit.....I am almost done with my antibiotic.....still have a funky cough every now and then.... I hope you took pictures...

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:sounds lovely!!! not the coughing bit.....I am almost done with my antibiotic.....still have a funky cough every now and then.... I hope you took pictures...

Which is why about 4 or 5 years ago I started taking Mucinex when I got sick. I stopped getting that horrid chest congestion. Before that, most of my colds got like that.

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:sounds lovely!!! not the coughing bit.....I am almost done with my antibiotic.....still have a funky cough every now and then.... I hope you took pictures...

Um, no. Totally forgot! The lighting was rather dim though. I can't seem to unlock the e-edition of the Buffalo News (to link it here) where there are two pictures on today's picture page.

Edit: For those you who are my friends on FB, can you see the Iacono Ballroom Center posting? If not, search their page on FB. It is there. Phoxay (in the top picture) is one of the instructors at Iacono and his partner is one of the local newscasters.

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:Which is why about 4 or 5 years ago I started taking Mucinex when I got sick. I stopped getting that horrid chest congestion. Before that, most of my colds got like that.

I know, I'm doing the Afrin + Neti + Mucinex. I might have gotten a bit dehydrated last night--limited amounts of water available. Also, what's the use of an open bar when you don't even feel like drinking! Just so long as I don't move, I'm pretty much ok!

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Um, no. Totally forgot! The lighting was rather dim though. I can't seem to unlock the e-edition of the Buffalo News (to link it here) where there are two pictures on today's picture page.

Edit: For those you who are my friends on FB, can you see the Iacono Ballroom Center posting? If not, search their page on FB. It is there. Phoxay (in the top picture) is one of the instructors at Iacono and his partner is one of the local newscasters.

You mean this one?

I almost think that's d-dog (in his tails) in the background to the left (our left) of the bottom pair.

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:I know, I'm doing the Afrin + Neti + Mucinex. I might have gotten a bit dehydrated last night--limited amounts of water available. Also, what's the use of an open bar when you don't even feel like drinking! Just so long as I don't move, I'm pretty much ok!

Get better! We want to see you two at D&D!

Just glad I got my flu shot!

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:You mean this one?

I almost think that's d-dog (in his tails) in the background to the left (our left) of the bottom pair.

Yep. That's the one! Thanks, Sparky! I'm still not sure how you linked it. I mean, I see it, but don't get where you got some of those letters, etc.

Re: d-dog. Nope, but that guy WAS sitting at out table! He's a student at our studio. So, d-dog & I are right behind Donna Fernandez's butt. Geez, we almost made the paper!

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Yep. That's the one! Thanks, Sparky! I'm still not sure how you linked it. I mean, I see it, but don't get where you got some of those letters, etc.

Re: d-dog. Nope, but that guy WAS sitting at out table! He's a student at our studio. So, d-dog & I are right behind Donna Fernandez's butt. Geez, we almost made the paper!

You have to go to the picture (so left click on the small pic) on FB, then right click it to get the image link. You can't do it from small pic, it needs to be the full pic.

So you two were almost famous??

bahwm

MarkDaSpark wrote:You have to go to the picture (so left click on the small pic) on FB, then right click it to get the image link. You can't do it from small pic, it needs to be the full pic.

So you two were almost famous??

There must be a way to do it on my MacBook Pro, but I just can't figure it out. I can only get the actual link to the Studio's FB page. And, um, yep. almost famous, that's it!

Now, I can link to: Celebrity Dance Winner Enjoy!

Diana's dance was beautifully done. She was very graceful and did what we call "body-shaping", kind of matching the curves of her partner's body. Realistically, no one would dance like this on a dance floor at a wedding or a regular dance. If one were looking for what a normal dancer could/would do (you know, like ddeuddeg & me), the second dancer to dance the waltz should have won. There is no way ddeuddeg will be hoisting me over his head! I don't care how many hours we both spend at the gym!

bahwm

The dinner that ddeuddeg prepared for me tonight smelled sooo good! it tasted sooo good too! I have such a wonderful husband! I am also glad that my sense of smell is returning! Enjoyed the '08 Scott Harvey Barbera, too.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Which is why about 4 or 5 years ago I started taking Mucinex when I got sick. I stopped getting that horrid chest congestion. Before that, most of my colds got like that.

I can't take mucinex at night... it keeps me awake!!

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo
bahwm wrote:

You mean you didn't bring a kerchief!? Ddog should have at least offered his hankie ;)

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:There must be a way to do it on my MacBook Pro, but I just can't figure it out. I can only get the actual link to the Studio's FB page. And, um, yep. almost famous, that's it!

Diana's dance was beautifully done. She was very graceful and did what we call "body-shaping", kind of matching the curves of her partner's body. Realistically, no one would dance like this on a dance floor at a wedding or a regular dance. If one were looking for what a normal dancer could/would do (you know, like ddeuddeg & me), the second dancer to dance the waltz should have won. There is no way ddeuddeg will be hoisting me over his head! I don't care how many hours we both spend at the gym!

Probably because Apple is anal about Acrobat and Java. As in they don't allow them to work. Just one more reason I detest Apple and their products.

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:There must be a way to do it on my MacBook Pro, but I just can't figure it out. I can only get the actual link to the Studio's FB page. And, um, yep. almost famous, that's it!

Stupid Server Error. Made me think the first hadn't posted. Grrrrr!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
MarkDaSpark wrote:Probably because Apple is anal about Acrobat and Java. As in they don't allow them to work. Just one more reason I detest Apple and their products.

You feel strong enough you had to repeat. Got it.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Probably because Apple is anal about Acrobat and Java. As in they don't allow them to work. Just one more reason I detest Apple and their products.

Given the (lack of) security as demonstrated by zero day hacks, in both the Adobe and Oracle products, one could appreciate their, Apple's, efforts for something better. However the current absence of H.265 support doesn't play well with net bandwidth.

CT

bahwm

Over the cooktop microwave door handle that was replaced in August, 2011 developed a crack near the bottom of the handle a few months ago. Second crack started to develop near the top of the handle a few weeks ago. Today, the handle came apart from the front piece of the micro and almost hit me in the face!

I called the service people. They were actually able to schedule somebody to come out tomorrow! From 1 - 5! Let's not narrow it down or anything. Of course, there's no guarantee that they'll have the replacement parts! They claim that they carry parts in their truck. HaHa! Sure! Don't you always carry extra microwave doors in Bisque on your truck? I asked if they could just make sure to have this part on board, since it is the exact same part that was replaced not even a year and a half ago! That way, we wouldn't have to take more time off from work! She said that she put the request in to have that very part on the truck. We'll see.

So, it looks like I have two reasons not to go to school tomorrow: whatever health issues I'm dealing with (cough has turned really nasty sounding) and the repair person. Urrrrgh! I hate planning for sick days!

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20

I had a nice dell ultra sharp monitor from 05 that just bit the dust. It was a 22" I think.

So I ordered Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23" IPS LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 8 ms

Seemed like a good replacement for a little over $200.

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta

Whew... Just finished up an inventory overhaul. I knew something was seriously out of whack with my bottle count. A couple years back I was not judicious at all about tracking things.

After completing I found ~40 bottles that were not entered and about 130 bottles that were never removed.

From now on I need to be way better about tracking because that was a pain in the neck (and back). Never again do I want to have to take each bottle out of the cabinets/fridges, write down the name, and update location in CT.

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:You feel strong enough you had to repeat. Got it.

Yes.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
trifecta wrote:Whew... Just finished up an inventory overhaul. I knew something was seriously out of whack with my bottle count. A couple years back I was not judicious at all about tracking things.

After completing I found ~40 bottles that were not entered and about 130 bottles that were never removed.

From now on I need to be way better about tracking because that was a pain in the neck (and back). Never again do I want to have to take each bottle out of the cabinets/fridges, write down the name, and update location in CT.

Good luck. I think I have said I'll keep it up to date about three times already. And I am due to complete an inventory again soon. CT is way out of date.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

rjquillin

polarbear22 wrote:Good luck. I think I have said I'll keep it up to date about three times already. And I am due to complete an inventory again soon. CT is way out of date.

While I'd not with this condition, it is somewhat amusing I'm not alone.

CT

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

My CT is so out of date it's ridiculous...

I tried to update it on paper, but now even the paper is out of date...

I need help.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta

Glad to see Ray Lewis go out on a high note. Congrats to Baltimore fans.

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:Glad to see Ray Lewis go out on a high note. Congrats to Baltimore fans.

Yup, SF doesn't need the Series and SB in one season.

CT