MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tiger7610 wrote:We expect at least some drunk posts/texting from Sparky and his minions.

And my minions???? I thought we were all PS's minions?

And yes, you can expect a drunk text. Or at least Cat can. Revenge!!!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
MarkDaSpark wrote:No, only CAgirl gets to do that. Unless of course, I get to drunk text as tenuki!

Woohoo!!! I get to drunk text as Sparky!!! who wants to be me during D&D?

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:Woohoo!!! I get to drunk text as Sparky!!! who wants to be me during D&D?

Well, obviously I will be using your phone to drunk text tiger ....

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, why don't you wait til D&D weekend and see what everyone is using. I have the Galaxzy S3, so you can check that out then.

I'd be curious to hear how iPhone people like the S3. I need to upgrade (still on the 3GS). Only thing is that I'm grandfathered in on unlimited data and that remains if I stay with iPhone. But I really don't use my phone that much. I use my iPad more.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

cortot20 wrote:Mild congestion has been added.
Double blergh.

I use Afrin at night for the worst 3 days of a cold. Makes the mornings much easier with fewer headaches.

Oh, and good morning. Hope the sickies are feeling better.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
otolith wrote:Our high standard of living and quality of life?

Not to mention some of the highest taxes in the nation, and less pay for the same jobs!

On another, more happy, note, is your wine in?

Yes! It has arrived, sayeth FedEx.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
coynedj wrote:Yes! It has arrived, sayeth FedEx.

Just got the phone call. Will try to pick up today.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
otolith wrote:Just got the phone call. Will try to pick up today.

Thanks. It'll be a while before I get back to the Twin Cities - try not to drink it all before I get there!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, obviously I will be using your phone to drunk text tiger ....

Well I have Cagirl number added, so at least I will know who is texting me.

otolith

coynedj wrote:Thanks. It'll be a while before I get back to the Twin Cities - try not to drink it all before I get there!

Just 1 bottle, if I'm lucky!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

Does anyone know if Napa wineries/tasting rooms are generally open on President's Day (Monday, 2/18)?

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
random122 wrote:Does anyone know if Napa wineries/tasting rooms are generally open on President's Day (Monday, 2/18)?

I would am pretty confident they would all be open. A good sales day.

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
trifecta wrote:I would am pretty confident they would all be open. A good sales day.

Thanks! I don't recall having this day off last year, but plan to make use of it this year.

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
cortot20 wrote:Mild congestion has been added.
Double blergh.

Major congestion all of a sudden. Ugh! I thought we bought an extra Afrin the last time the crud hit. Apparently, I used it all up! I'll have to cope through the night and then run out during the day at school tomorrow.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Major congestion all of a sudden. Ugh! I thought we bought an extra Afrin the last time the crud hit. Apparently, I used it all up! I'll have to cope through the night and then run out during the day at school tomorrow.

feel better!! My antibiotics have kicked in... just wish my headache would go away....

otolith

Is there any reason why I couldn't run a second wireless router off an ethernet switch.

Current setup: cable modem to wireless router. Wireless router plugged in to ethernet switch, which goes throughout the house. So, couldn't I plug a 2nd wireless router into the ethernet switch as long as it has a different IP address?

edit: I would love to get rid of the old router, but, for some reason, that's the only wireless system my wife's work computer will connect...

--John Muir

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:feel better!! My antibiotics have kicked in... just wish my headache would go away....

So sorry about your headache. Hope you can kick that soon! Glad the antibiotics have kicked in. Right now I am so stuffed up I can barely breathe! Netipot--here I come.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

ThunderThighs wrote:I'd be curious to hear how iPhone people like the S3. I need to upgrade (still on the 3GS). Only thing is that I'm grandfathered in on unlimited data and that remains if I stay with iPhone. But I really don't use my phone that much. I use my iPad more.

Who's your server?

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:So sorry about your headache. Hope you can kick that soon! Glad the antibiotics have kicked in. Right now I am so stuffed up I can barely breathe! Netipot--here I come.

My old allergist would tell me to eat spicy foods and/or chew artic blast gum.... to clear your stuffy nose. I have been flushing my sinuses as well, should prob. be doing more often.... I hope you are able to get some rest!!

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
otolith wrote:Is there any reason why I couldn't run a second wireless router off an ethernet switch.

Current setup: cable modem to wireless router. Wireless router plugged in to ethernet switch, which goes throughout the house. So, couldn't I plug a 2nd wireless router into the ethernet switch as long as it has a different IP address?

edit: I would love to get rid of the old router, but, for some reason, that's the only wireless system my wife's work computer will connect...

If you put the second router into "access point" mode where it doesn't do any NAT then you should be ok. So then you have modem plugged into router #1. Router #2 plugs into router #1 along with whatever else, but only serves as an access point, with router #1 assigning all IP addresses.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Why does it seem every time this cyber crud hits,I always seem to get it. Don't really have time for this right now.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

In case you missed it, Princess Bride dvd for $4.99 on Amazon.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

klezman wrote:I'm sucked into work more completely most of the time these days. That and the main thread isn't what it used to be. Lots more kvetching and a lot less wine talk. Glad I learned a bunch back in my first couple years lurking here

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

joelsisk wrote:In case you missed it, Princess Bride dvd for $4.99 on Amazon.

MarkDaSpark

quoting a post from klex

neilfindswine wrote:

quoting a post from cesare

neilfindswine wrote:

We left you speechless???

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:quoting a post from klex

Sometimes, yes.... especially after a glass of wine or 3.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
MarkDaSpark wrote:quoting a post from cesare

And you apparently can't read, since the second one was him quoting joel and not cesare. Are you sure you haven't started drinking some of your wine? No wait, I haven't seen any pigs flying yet...

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

otolith

It's the most he's ever made sense!

--John Muir

rjquillin

quality posts: 184 Private Messages rjquillin

Wonderful...

PM in your box.

CT

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:And you apparently can't read, since the second one was him quoting joel and not cesare. Are you sure you haven't started drinking some of your wine? No wait, I haven't seen any pigs flying yet...

Especially since it was supposed to be Klez and not Klex on the first. I was dazed from lack of food!

And you can still get a lump of coal for your wedding present!

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
MarkDaSpark wrote:Especially since it was supposed to be Klez and not Klex on the first. I was dazed from lack of food!

And you can still get a lump of coal for your wedding present!

seriously, how can you confuse Cesare and me? I'm way taller.

and who knows what they might need after the wedding... coal could be a perfect gift for a new smoker.

ThunderThighs

Staff

bahwm wrote:Who's your server?

Sorry, late to reply. AT&T

FORUM MODERATOR

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

A couple of days ago we got a case of Scott Harvey Zin delivered. Scott and Carla took care of us in a "no ship" state and gave us the woot price and a good deal on shipping.

Alas, the wine had frozen. Five bottles had protruding corks, including some through the foil.

We got an immediate response to an e-mail. I don't think Carla could have taken off her jacket before she replied. They are going to replace it all. "Don't want to risk it". Though this time, we are smart and asked to hold shipping until March.

What great treatment!! First, when they went out of their way to offer us a great deal, and then to back up a weather caused problem so quickly. We actually felt bad that it got damaged after how well we were treated.

I know I don't expect this kind of treatment in general. It seems to be the norm for the regular winemakers that offer here. But I don't take it for granted.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
polarbear22 wrote:
Alas, the wine had frozen. Five bottles had protruding corks, including some through the foil.

Scott and crew being above and beyond is so not a shock to anyone who has ever met them!

As an aside- when are we coming over, for the Glögg/Gløgg?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

This is probably in that other thread, but for anyone who needs a Soiree

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

otolith

polarbear22 wrote:A couple of days ago we got a case of Scott Harvey Zin delivered. Scott and Carla took care of us in a "no ship" state and gave us the woot price and a good deal on shipping.

We got an immediate response to an e-mail. I don't think Carla could have taken off her jacket before she replied. They are going to replace it all. "Don't want to risk it". Though this time, we are smart and asked to hold shipping until March.

What great treatment!! First, when they went out of their way to offer us a great deal, and then to back up a weather caused problem so quickly. We actually felt bad that it got damaged after how well we were treated.

I know I don't expect this kind of treatment in general. It seems to be the norm for the regular winemakers that offer here. But I don't take it for granted.

That's awesome! I was looking back through my "stuff you bought" page(s), and SH was a frequent name on the list...

--John Muir

bahwm

polarbear22 wrote:A couple of days ago we got a case of Scott Harvey Zin delivered. Scott and Carla took care of us in a "no ship" state and gave us the woot price and a good deal on shipping.

Total bummer! Scott & Carla & Co are all awesome! I wonder when they sent it that it got stuck in the deep freeze? Whatever happened to those "refrigerated" trucks that also insulate against the cold?

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Total bummer! Scott & Carla & Co are all awesome! I wonder when they sent it that it got stuck in the deep freeze? Whatever happened to those "refrigerated" trucks that also insulate against the cold?

They only use those for Summer Shipping.

And the Super Bowl is delaying some shipments for the New Orleans area too.

bahwm

Back to CyberPub crud: I hope that the peeps who came up to Buffalo #10 are feeling fine and did not catch what I have! I went to school yesterday. Big mistake: eyes were watering, sneezes came frequently, nose was either totally stuffed or just plain running. NOT nice. No meds touched it. It just came on all of a sudden. Later, about 10 pm, a fever hit and so did the chills--101.6. I took some ibuprofen and off to bed I went. I am so glad that I bought an electric blanket a few weeks ago. That really helped a ton last night! By 3:30 am, the fever broke. I am home today. Slept until 10:30 and am just taking it easy. I plan on going back to bed at some point.

I hope I will be able to garner enough energy to attend a gala fundraiser that our dance studio is involved in to benefit Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. I have so been looking forward to this--it's kind of like a local Dancing with the Stars--there will even be judges for the celebrities. One of the judges is the guy who judged our dancing last year.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
bahwm wrote:Total bummer! Scott & Carla & Co are all awesome! I wonder when they sent it that it got stuck in the deep freeze? Whatever happened to those "refrigerated" trucks that also insulate against the cold?

Ours was direct from the winery using a third party shipper, since CT was no on the woot list. So likely just a regular UPS truck.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar