MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away Folks!!

The actual Peter Lorre as Mr. Moto in Danger Island

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of January 20th.

Have you acted on that New Year's Resolution to open that wine you've saved for a special occasion???

February 2013
2/22: 2013 Dark & Delicious (Alameda, CA)
2/23 - 2/25: 2013 D&D Napa/Sonoma Weekend
2/23: NoVA/DC #28: TBD

March
3/16: NYC #?: Cupcakes
3/22: Minnesota #20: Visitors from Afar
3/23: SoCal #24: Aged Zins

Pending
TBD: NYC Tasting #21: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Why does the cup of coffee on Monday mornings never seem to be big enough?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
otolith wrote:Why does the cup of coffee on Monday mornings never seem to be big enough?

Because people on the east coast forget where you live and call before you would normally wake up.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

otolith

klezman wrote:Because people on the east coast forget where you live and call before you would normally wake up.

Up at 4:45am to plow the snow from the driveway before getting to work at 6:30am.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Up at 4:45am to plow the snow from the driveway before getting to work at 6:30am.

That was Klez's 2nd guess.

Plow? Snow?

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:That was Klez's 2nd guess.

Plow? Snow?

KMA!

--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:KMA!

You know, if you hadn't confessed to secretly loving plowing the snow on FB ...

And I could have sworn it said KHAN!

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

Is this return of the pub crud? Not a cold, not the flu, but super annoying.

Mild sore throat
Minor cough
mild headache
and a general yuckiness feeling going on three days not getting better or worse.

CT

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:

You know, if you hadn't confessed to secretly loving plowing the snow on FB ...

And I could have sworn it said KHAN!

Its fun to shovel snow for 1 day. everyday after that blows major a$$.

CT

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
cortot20 wrote:Is this return of the pub crud? Not a cold, not the flu, but super annoying.

Mild sore throat
Minor cough
mild headache
and a general yuckiness feeling going on three days not getting better or worse.

If you're missing mild congestion I'll trade that for the mild headache you're working with.

Blergh.

I'm just hanging out, really.

MarkDaSpark

Now if people would only stop posting in the old pub ... more than 12 hours after the new one was created!!!

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

I love roku so much. I've been struggling with the amazon cloud player on there because of the 250 song limit. Today I discovered there is a private google music channel. And it works! Hooray!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Why? How?

How does such a little kitty take up the whole bed? Why does she do this?

And then she curls up all cute and makes you feel guilty about moving her!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Also, I feel like once there was a time when I could spend hours actively online, interacting with people. Now if it takes me twenty minutes to catch up, that's a long time. Where has everyone gone? What sites did I used to go to that would suck my life away? is it me? Have i changed, or has the online community changed? Perhaps a little of both?

Ponder.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
cheron98 wrote:Why? How?

Because it is her duty and privilege to do this. It's a kitty cat special power.

MarkDaSpark

PSA ... 4 Reasons Your Kid Isn't Sleeping Through the Night

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Also, I feel like once there was a time when I could spend hours actively online, interacting with people. Now if it takes me twenty minutes to catch up, that's a long time. Where has everyone gone? What sites did I used to go to that would suck my life away? is it me? Have i changed, or has the online community changed? Perhaps a little of both?

Ponder.

Well, we no longer have 30+ pages in the Pub each week.

Plus, with the three a week offers on Wine.Woot, there was more interaction on the Wine thread. Now, with daily offers, it's too hard to keep up, so most just lurk. If they bother, that is. I know I don't bother anymore.

Cesare

quality posts: 1596 Private Messages Cesare

Hey Buffalo Trader Joe's fans, your prayers have been answered.
Trader Joe's Opening Store In Amherst

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

So might be in the market for new cell phones soon. Currently hubby and I have iPhone 4. Might think about changing to Samsung Galaxy. But not sure which one? Or should I wait until G4 comes out?

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I guess Buffalo people will stop wootlegging from Michigan now for Trader Joe stuff. I agree with Sparky, I'm here on the pub but I very rarely check the main thread, plus people seemed to have gotten busier.

klezman

CAGrl wrote:So might be in the market for new cell phones soon. Currently hubby and I have iPhone 4. Might think about changing to Samsung Galaxy. But not sure which one? Or should I wait until G4 comes out?

There's never a good time to buy a cell phone. Take a look at what's currently available and pick one unless something you really want is available soon. Keep in mind that many new handsets take a few extra months to come to the US so that they have time to load them all up with bloatware.

I'm liking the new crop of 1280x720 and 1920x1080 screens with seriously high dpi. Puts the iphone's high dpi to shame

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

cheron98 wrote:Also, I feel like once there was a time when I could spend hours actively online, interacting with people. Now if it takes me twenty minutes to catch up, that's a long time. Where has everyone gone? What sites did I used to go to that would suck my life away? is it me? Have i changed, or has the online community changed? Perhaps a little of both?

Ponder.

I'm sucked into work more completely most of the time these days. That and the main thread isn't what it used to be. Lots more kvetching and a lot less wine talk. Glad I learned a bunch back in my first couple years lurking here

MarkDaSpark

CAGrl wrote:So might be in the market for new cell phones soon. Currently hubby and I have iPhone 4. Might think about changing to Samsung Galaxy. But not sure which one? Or should I wait until G4 comes out?

Well, why don't you wait til D&D weekend and see what everyone is using. I have the Galaxzy S3, so you can check that out then.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Now if people would only stop posting in the old pub ... more than 12 hours after the new one was created!!!

sorry!!! I blame it on my 2+ day migraine mixed with the sinus infection.....

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:Why? How?

It's a talent they have!! I am amazed how much space they can acquire!!

mommadeb1

Ponder.

things that make you go "hmmmmmm"

otolith

mommadeb1 wrote:sorry!!! I blame it on my 2+ day migraine mixed with the sinus infection.....

Have you ever seen a neurologist for better migraine control? I suspect if you get your migraines under control you have fewer sinus symptoms.

--John Muir

mommadeb1

otolith wrote:Have you ever seen a neurologist for better migraine control? I suspect if you get your migraines under control you have fewer sinus symptoms.

thanks... been to many a neurologist.. so far all we can figure out is they are hormonal.. sinus stuff is do to my allergies to basically everything outside...and our weather has been crazy.. it is going to be 84 today and tomorrow 65 for our high... so everything is blooming..

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:sorry!!! I blame it on my 2+ day migraine mixed with the sinus infection.....

Sorry about both. Maybe if you snorted Apple Vinegar? Or is that drinking it? Or whatever it was they talked about using AV for.

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to iByron!!

Happy Birthday to iByron!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

mommadeb1

yeah for me.... I actually had a day off today!! Much to my animals displeasure... I was able to get everyone's nails cut and they all got baths.. figured I would take advantage of our last warm, sunny day for a while....today it is about 82+ and sunny..... tomorrow, it will be 67 and cloudy...

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
mommadeb1 wrote:yeah for me.... I actually had a day off today!! Much to my animals displeasure... I was able to get everyone's nails cut and they all got baths.. figured I would take advantage of our last warm, sunny day for a while....today it is about 82+ and sunny..... tomorrow, it will be 67 and cloudy...

Here on the northern plains, we don't expect to see 67 degrees until May or so.

Why on earth do I live here again?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, why don't you wait til D&D weekend and see what everyone is using. I have the Galaxzy S3, so you can check that out then.

we get to drunk text as sparky? Awesome!

CT

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

We expect at least some drunk posts/texting from Sparky and his minions.

mommadeb1

coynedj wrote:Here on the northern plains, we don't expect to see 67 degrees until May or so.

there is a reason I live where I do.... I have done my time up north... and do not plan to go back any time soon!!!

mommadeb1

tenuki wrote:we get to drunk text as sparky? Awesome!

oohhh sounds fun!!

otolith

coynedj wrote:Here on the northern plains, we don't expect to see 67 degrees until May or so.

Our high standard of living and quality of life?

Not to mention some of the highest taxes in the nation, and less pay for the same jobs!

On another, more happy, note, is your wine in?

--John Muir

cortot20

inkycatz wrote:If you're missing mild congestion I'll trade that for the mild headache you're working with.

Blergh.

Mild congestion has been added.
Double blergh.

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:we get to drunk text as sparky? Awesome!

No, only CAgirl gets to do that. Unless of course, I get to drunk text as tenuki!