coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
otolith wrote:If I can make it, here's what I'm going to bring:

After a tease like that, you had better come!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

hdavis4000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdavis4000
coynedj wrote:You ever check that beer fridge? Or did you spot it, and then drink it?

I forgot! I have it on my "to do" list and will get back to everyone!

"Wine is bottled poetry." -Robert Louis Stevenson

coynedj

I have a feeling that this is going to be a long, alcohol-soaked, terrific evening. Looks like some mighty fine wines (and beers) could be on tap, and we won't want to rush through them.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
coynedj wrote:After a tease like that, you had better come!

Sadly, I am a maybe, at best.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

coynedj

otolith wrote:Sadly, I am a maybe, at best.

Like I said up above, it sounds like it could be a long night. Show up at 1 AM.

Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1

I'll work on my selections this weekend. ;)

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

hdavis4000

pengu1n wrote:I think Heather's husband had the 2010, and I have a 2011 and 2012. Vertical anyone?

We do have the 2010 Surly Darkness. Sorry for the delay!

Alaska1

So Im thinking I will bring

#1)---2009 Seghesio Home Ranch, Alexander Vally Zin

{A Zinfandel that has it all- Rich, ripe flavors, great structure,acidity,and lots of personality. Ranked #12 TOP 100 in 2011, 95 points WS}

#2)---2004 Brunello Di Montalcino, Fattoria La Lecciaia

{Plush Aromas of black cherry. Full-bodied, with soft silky tannins and a Long,delicious finish. There's fresh acidity and lots od subtle flavors on the finnish. Best after 2010. 93 POINTS WS}

Thoughts?

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

otolith

If we can make it, it won't be for long, so the Shafer will have to wait for the next time. Will find something good to bring, for sure, if I make it.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

Would love to join - the drive back to south-east MN scares me though...

coynedj

andreaserben wrote:Would love to join - the drive back to south-east MN scares me though...

I'm driving from South Dakota, which is plenty scary enough....

andreaserben

coynedj wrote:I'm driving from South Dakota, which is plenty scary enough....

driving there is one thing - getting back is the concern

drewballa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewballa

I'll be out of town for this one, but hope to get in on a future MN meeting! Looks like you guys are in for an excellent gathering!

hdavis4000

Alaska1 wrote:So Im thinking I will bring

#1)---2009 Seghesio Home Ranch, Alexander Vally Zin

{A Zinfandel that has it all- Rich, ripe flavors, great structure,acidity,and lots of personality. Ranked #12 TOP 100 in 2011, 95 points WS}

#2)---2004 Brunello Di Montalcino, Fattoria La Lecciaia

{Plush Aromas of black cherry. Full-bodied, with soft silky tannins and a Long,delicious finish. There's fresh acidity and lots od subtle flavors on the finnish. Best after 2010. 93 POINTS WS}

Thoughts?

Both sound great!!

otolith

As much as I wish to join, we're out.

Alaska--you'll have to come back.

--John Muir

Alaska1

otolith wrote:As much as I wish to join, we're out.

OR you could come up? ;)

hdavis4000

otolith wrote:As much as I wish to join, we're out.

Hope to see you soon!

otolith

hdavis4000 wrote: Hope to see you soon!

Wish I could stay the same!

What? I'm kidding...you teed it up for me. hehe

--John Muir

Alaska1

otolith wrote:Wish I could stay the same!

What? I'm kidding...you teed it up for me. hehe

T - Minus 8 days!!!!

hdavis4000

Alaska1 wrote:T - Minus 8 days!!!!

Can't wait to see you guys!!!!!

JanaDahlen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JanaDahlen

I'll bring my Corison, a bottle or two of Dogfish. Can't wait for next Friday - hope the weather is better than it is today!

w.w: 19 s.w: 12 w: 4 k.w:2

Alaska1

T - 7 DAYS!!!! GET READY PEOPLE!

coynedj

Alaska1 wrote:T - 7 DAYS!!!! GET READY PEOPLE!

I have my Iron Horse Cab Franc and 2009 Surly Darkness ready to go. I might just pick out something else as well - looking forward to this bash!

Alaska1

6days!!!

tcklord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcklord

The Mrs and I will be there, of course I will bring some Wellington of some sort ;)

334 bottles from Wine.woot
17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

Alaska1

5 Days!!

otolith

Alaska1 wrote:OR you could come up? ;)

Would love to do that, too!

--John Muir

Alaska1

4 DAYS!!!

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Heather going to PM an address? I have a general idea of where you are at, but it's been like 5 years or so since I was there.

Need to figure out what I am going to bring as far as food. Would there be a grill available to use?

What time is this happening? Need to plan my beverage consumption in Rochester accordingly while watching basketball. Beer/water/beer or water/beer/water

hdavis4000

pengu1n wrote:Heather going to PM an address? I have a general idea of where you are at, but it's been like 5 years or so since I was there.

Need to figure out what I am going to bring as far as food. Would there be a grill available to use?

What time is this happening? Need to plan my beverage consumption in Rochester accordingly while watching basketball. Beer/water/beer or water/beer/water

I will PM out the address. We do have a grill that you are more than welcome to use.

I will post the time out here shortly.

hdavis4000

We will be starting this party at 5:30pm. If anyone needs directions or my address, just let me know! Can't wait to see everyone again

andreaserben

hdavis4000 wrote:We will be starting this party at 5:30pm. If anyone needs directions or my address, just let me know! Can't wait to see everyone again

How is everybody doing logistics? I would love to join but would be in no condition to drive back. I can sleep pretty much anywhere, but it is a bit cold to sleep outside?

Who else is from Southern Minnesota btw?

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

andreaserben, pm with links for ya.

CT

andreaserben

rjquillin wrote:andreaserben, pm with links for ya.

?

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
andreaserben wrote:?

yup, you found 'em(it)

CT

Alaska1

getting on the plane in 2 hours!

andreaserben

Alaska1 wrote:getting on the plane in 2 hours!

safe travels!

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo
hdavis4000 wrote:It's time for us to get together

Hi, please check your pm. Tnx.

hdavis4000

The date is approaching fast!! Just looking to get a rough head count. This is what I know for sure:

Hdavis4000 + hubby and kids
Alaska1 and his family
JanaDahlen + my niece
Samiratou + hubby
Pengu1n
Tcklord + Wifey
Coynedj
AndreasErben
Coolchris160
Tomatillo Maybe
Dstearl ?
Friends +6?

If I missed anyone please let me know! Looking forward to seeing everyone and possibly meeting some new people!

If anyone needs our address, let me know as well.

otolith

Send me your addy. Just in case. Trouble is we're leaving on a plane, the next am...

--John Muir