hdavis4000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdavis4000

It's time for us to get together, do some catching up and have some fun! I will be hosting when Alaska1 and his beautiful family are back for a visit on March 22nd at 5:30pm. Hope everyone will be able to make it!

"Wine is bottled poetry." -Robert Louis Stevenson

Alaska1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaska1
hdavis4000 wrote:It's time for us to get together, do some catching up and have some fun! I will be hosting when Alaska1 and his beautiful family are back for a visit on March 22nd. Hope everyone will be able to make it!

Heather is hosting, you know it will be good. Thank you to the Davis family for hosting our family while we're in town!

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

Alaska1

This is a " bring out at least one from your cellar" tasting. I will bring Two 93+ point wines. ;) what you got???

Little Vineyards Sonoma Valley Trio, Chateau Souverain Zinfandel Single-Vineyard Sampler Trio,Armida Winery Poizin Trio,Chase Family,Pack Cellars - Two Pack, Wellington Zinfandel Vertical Four Pack, InZinarator 4 pack, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack, Saxon Brown 2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel - 3 Pack, Woodenhead Vintners 2006 Martinelli Road Old Vine RRV Zinfandel - 2 Pack

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
Alaska1 wrote:This is a " bring out at least one from your cellar" tasting. I will bring Two 93+ point wines. ;) what you got???

'05 Leoville Las Cases?
How's that sound?

Not sure we'll be able to make it.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

Alaska1

otolith wrote:'05 Leoville Las Cases?
How's that sound?

Not sure we'll be able to make it.

Thanks for the tease. ;(

JanaDahlen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JanaDahlen

I'll be there, probably with Lilli! I'll bring my '00 Corison as I've needed a reason to open it.

w.w: 19 s.w: 12 w: 4 k.w:2

Alaska1

JanaDahlen wrote:I'll be there, probably with Lilli! I'll bring my '00 Corison as I've needed a reason to open it.

:-)

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

The 22nd being a Friday, and my drive being 240 miles, it will be difficult for me to attend, alas.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

Alaska1

coynedj wrote:The 22nd being a Friday, and my drive being 240 miles, it will be difficult for me to attend, alas.

ill be driving that the next day, if that helps any?

coynedj

Alaska1 wrote: ill be driving that the next day, if that helps any?

Nope, not really helping. The next day isn't a work day, ya know.

Maybe I just need to take a half day of vacation....

and - your avatar looks just like you!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

hdavis4000

coynedj wrote:Nope, not really helping. The next day isn't a work day, ya know.

I think that would be a great idea!!!

hdavis4000

Alaska1 wrote:Heather is hosting, you know it will be good. Thank you to the Davis family for hosting our family while we're in town!

We are very excited to have you stay with us!

Alaska1

coynedj wrote:Nope, not really helping. The next day isn't a work day, ya know.

Good Idea!! :P

dstearl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dstearl

Ohhhh, checking the date, the wife and I may be in. I might also check and see if my cousin and fiancé might want to join.

Looks like we are moving at the end of April, so I need to reduce cellar size. I have a few hopefully great bottles I need an excuse to open.

Hope the date works for us

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo

Which city? Thanks.

hdavis4000 wrote:It's time for us to get together, do some catching up and have some fun! I will be hosting when Alaska1 and his beautiful family are back for a visit on March 22nd. Hope everyone will be able to make it!

coynedj

tomatillo wrote:Which city? Thanks.

They're in Minneapolis.

hdavis4000

dstearl wrote:Ohhhh, checking the date, the wife and I may be in. I might also check and see if my cousin and fiancé might want to join.

Looks like we are moving at the end of April, so I need to reduce cellar size. I have a few hopefully great bottles I need an excuse to open.

Hope the date works for us

It would be great to see you guys before you move.

hdavis4000

tomatillo wrote:Which city? Thanks.

We are in South Minneapolis, Lake Nokomis area.

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

I already have a half day to watch NCAA basketball on the 22nd. If I drive up for this though, I will be needing a couch to sleep on as I wouldn't feel comfortable driving the 90 minutes back to Rochester. If there is a couch available, I'm in like Flynn (whomever this Flynn guy is).

I can bring a Noceto Old Vine Zin as well as some beers from my cellar as my wine cellar selection is lacking.

Alaska1

pengu1n wrote:I already have a half day to watch NCAA basketball on the 22nd. If I drive up for this though, I will be needing a couch to sleep on as I wouldn't feel comfortable driving the 90 minutes back to Rochester. If there is a couch available, I'm in like Flynn (whomever this Flynn guy is).

I can bring a Noceto Old Vine Zin as well as some beers from my cellar as my wine cellar selection is lacking.

;)

pengu1n

Alaska1 wrote:;)

I heard that you may like beer too.

Alaska1

pengu1n wrote:I heard that you may like beer too.

Big 10 4

I got some to trade if your interested? ;)

pengu1n

Alaska1 wrote:Big 10 4

I got some to trade if your interested? ;)

Give me a call and we can discuss details. Still have my number?

coynedj

I checked and it seems I carried over almost 3 weeks of vacation time from last year into this year, despite taking 7 days in December. So, I'll probably take a day or a half day and head into town.

I'll have to look down in the cellar and see what I should bring. A Tytanium? A Jana Cathedral? An Iron Horse Cab Franc? I see that Corison is already taken....

And if any of the beer folk are interested, I do still have some Trader Joe's 2011 Christmas Ale, which I think was made by Unibroue. Other than that, my beer selection these days is rather pedestrian.

hdavis4000

coynedj wrote:I checked and it seems I carried over almost 3 weeks of vacation time from last year into this year, despite taking 7 days in December. So, I'll probably take a day or a half day and head into town.

I'll have to look down in the cellar and see what I should bring. A Tytanium? A Jana Cathedral? An Iron Horse Cab Franc? I see that Corison is already taken....

And if any of the beer folk are interested, I do still have some Trader Joe's 2011 Christmas Ale, which I think was made by Unibroue. Other than that, my beer selection these days is rather pedestrian.

That would be great!!! I would LOVE to try the Iron Horse Cab Franc. Granted all the others listed sound fabulous too

JanaDahlen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JanaDahlen
hdavis4000 wrote:That would be great!!! I would LOVE to try the Iron Horse Cab Franc. Granted all the others listed sound fabulous too

+1 more to the Cab Franc! Would love to try it.

I have a ton, almost literally, of beer...Surly, possibly our order of Dogfish Head (if it's in by then) and other random beers that are ridiculously priced. I'll see about bringing something with from that sorts too.

w.w: 19 s.w: 12 w: 4 k.w:2

Alaska1

JanaDahlen wrote:+1 more to the Cab Franc! Would love to try it.

I have a ton, almost literally, of beer...Surly, possibly our order of Dogfish Head (if it's in by then) and other random beers that are ridiculously priced. I'll see about bringing something with from that sorts too.

You got DFH coming???? What kind? ;-)

samiratou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samiratou

Looks like we got confirmation on childcare, so we're in!

No idea what we're going to bring, though. We've got plenty, it's just a matter of deciding.

hdavis4000

samiratou wrote:Looks like we got confirmation on childcare, so we're in!

No idea what we're going to bring, though. We've got plenty, it's just a matter of deciding.

Awesome!!!

pengu1n

hdavis4000 wrote:Awesome!!!

Can I get a couch or floor space reservation confirmation for myself? Hoping that's ok with you and the hubby. I could even snuggle up with Chris if his wife and child won't be there.

coynedj

Here and I said I had a pedestrian beer collection - I forgot that I have a bottle of 2009 Surly Darkness! I guess I'll have to bring that along.

Great wines, then great beers - this could be a DUI bonanza for some police officer!

edit - wow, I just looked on Craigslist and these are going for $100 a bottle! Don't be late, or you might miss this one!

Alaska1

pengu1n wrote:Can I get a couch or floor space reservation confirmation for myself? Hoping that's ok with you and the hubby. I could even snuggle up with Chris if his wife and child won't be there.

Sorry brother, wife and kid coming, we're staying that night then leaving to go to Grand Forks the next morning. :p

pengu1n

coynedj wrote:Here and I said I had a pedestrian beer collection - I forgot that I have a bottle of 2009 Surly Darkness! I guess I'll have to bring that along.

Great wines, then great beers - this could be a DUI bonanza for some police officer!

edit - wow, I just looked on Craigslist and these are going for $100 a bottle! Don't be late, or you might miss this one!

I think Heather's husband had the 2010, and I have a 2011 and 2012. Vertical anyone?

coynedj

pengu1n wrote:I think Heather's husband had the 2010, and I have a 2011 and 2012. Vertical anyone?

After a vertical like that, staying vertical might be difficult.

hdavis4000

pengu1n wrote:Can I get a couch or floor space reservation confirmation for myself? Hoping that's ok with you and the hubby. I could even snuggle up with Chris if his wife and child won't be there.

That would be fine!! You are more than welcome to stay

hdavis4000

pengu1n wrote:I think Heather's husband had the 2010, and I have a 2011 and 2012. Vertical anyone?

I think you are right. I'll have to check the beer fridge and see!

coynedj

You ever check that beer fridge? Or did you spot it, and then drink it?

Alaska1

coynedj wrote:You ever check that beer fridge? Or did you spot it, and then drink it?

Good question.

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

If I can make it, here's what I'm going to bring:

Or, a Turley.
Or, a different Napa Cab.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

dstearl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dstearl
otolith wrote:If I can make it, here's what I'm going to bring:

Or, a Turley.
Or, a different Napa Cab.

That is going huge! I am going to have to try to make it. Serious wine there....