chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
tercerowines wrote:Dessert wine, you say?!???! I am making a 'later harvest' Viognier from 2012 - will end up with about 13% alcohol, about 10% RS(!!!) but with good acidity as well. Watch for this for the holidays later this year.

PLEASE consider offering this on Woot!

tercerowines

quality posts: 36 Private Messages tercerowines
chipgreen wrote:PLEASE consider offering this on Woot!

Waaaaaaay too early to even talk about it - let's just keep it in barrel for awhile and continue to assess . . . okay?

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
tercerowines wrote:Waaaaaaay too early to even talk about it - let's just keep it in barrel for awhile and continue to assess . . . okay?

Okay

tercerowines

And now back to our regularly scheduled offer (-:

No more technical questions for me? Type of oak used? Why these varieties? Anything?!?!? Why do the Lakers suck this year? Who am I leaning towards for the Super Bowl? How much bacon am I going to include in my roasted brussel sprouts with bacon tonight?!?!?

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

tercerowines

These updates just KILL me (-: (on the front page, that is . . . .)

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

tercerowines wrote:And now back to our regularly scheduled offer (-:

No more technical questions for me? Type of oak used? Why these varieties? Anything?!?!? Why do the Lakers suck this year? Who am I leaning towards for the Super Bowl? How much bacon am I going to include in my roasted brussel sprouts with bacon tonight?!?!?

How much bacon are you going to use?

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

tercerowines

neilfindswine wrote:How much bacon are you going to use?

About 1/4 lb per lb of brussel sprouts....

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
tercerowines wrote:Waaaaaaay too early to even talk about it - let's just keep it in barrel for awhile and continue to assess . . . okay?

How many half bottles (I assume) do you think you're going to get? Can we put bottles on hold now?

But seriously.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tercerowines

kylemittskus wrote:How many half bottles (I assume) do you think you're going to get? Can we put bottles on hold now?

But seriously.

At this point, I have two full barrels and a couple of 5 gallon carboys . . . so I should get about 100 cases + of half bottles - or about 1200 bottles give or take 50 . . .

I'll keep you all posted - just remember to reach out to me via email so I can add you to my mailing list and you'll know what my new releases are and when I'll be releasing them . . .

Cheers!

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
tercerowines wrote:About 1/4 lb per lb of brussel sprouts....

At first I thought you said 1/4 lb per brussel sprout...which sounds about ideal to me!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

gcdyersb

quality posts: 141 Private Messages gcdyersb

Wow, like the good old days of Woot! Awesome winemaker/producer, super price, and lively discussion.

Cabernet Franc: it's not just for blending! It's also for blogging.

tercerowines

gcdyersb wrote:Wow, like the good old days of Woot! Awesome winemaker/producer, super price, and lively discussion.

Thanks Greg - and great to see you on here as well!

Have not been on here for awhile but it's always fun - and you know me - give me a place to talk and you know I will (-:

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
gcdyersb wrote:Wow, like the good old days of Woot! Awesome winemaker/producer, super price, and lively discussion.

Add you to the good old days. I always enjoy having you around. I've learned a lot from you (among many others here).

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tercerowines

crickets . . . .

Still here in case anyone has any questions . . . .

Thanks for the support thus far - I truly and honestly thank you and thank woot for having me on here!

Cheers!

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

UBlink

quality posts: 19 Private Messages UBlink
tercerowines wrote:And now back to our regularly scheduled offer (-:

No more technical questions for me? Type of oak used? Why these varieties? Anything?!?!? Why do the Lakers suck this year? Who am I leaning towards for the Super Bowl? YHow much bacon am I going to include in my roasted brussel sprouts with bacon tonight?!?!?

OK, how about some background on the extended barrel time in neutral barrels? We usually hear about % new and aging 12 - 22 months but what do you get from extended aging in neutral barrels?

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

tercerowines

UBlink wrote:OK, how about some background on the extended barrel time in neutral barrels? We usually hear about % new and aging 12 - 22 months but what do you get from extended aging in neutral barrels?

NICE!!!! Well, I'm still learning all about barrels as I go. When I worked at Fess Parker, we used quite a bit of new oak, and it really 'left its impression' on the wine in a way that was just too forward to me.

I am a believer in neutral oak to allow the fruit to shine - but also to allow the delicate interaction of the wine to oxygen over time to develop as well.

I find that the extended time in these barrels gives the wine a bit more elegance, rounding the corners a bit so to speak. It's not the extra smoky/oaky aromas you would expect, but more delicate and varied ones.

In all honesty, I was quite surprised by the samples I pulled last week of the rest of my 09's that have been in barrel for nearly 40 months. I thought that the wines might taste 'tired' but to the contrary, they were very much alive and full of verve. In fact, I brought a sample of my 09 Larner Syrah that will be bottled in a few months to the tasting on Wed night, and those who tried it thought it was much younger than it was - and the wine had incredibly complex, delicate aromas for a syrah . . .

Hope that answered the question - and if not, please let me know so I can try again!

Cheers!

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Thanks again Larry! Your contributions are most appreciated. Looking forward to buying you that drink at the SB Garagiste. And tasting your Mourvrdre again.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

Damn, over in Tampa at Gaspirella and missed this, arrrg.

Searayjim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Searayjim

I'm curious of anyone has had this delivered yet? I got shipping confirmation with an expected delivery of today (Saturday 2/2) but no activity update past "Shipment information sent to FedEx" and now that it's Saturday evening, the expected delivery has been changed to N/A.

I'm wondering if it was a shipping issue overall, or if my 6 bottles are being mopped up off the floor somewhere.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Searayjim wrote:I'm curious of anyone has had this delivered yet? I got shipping confirmation with an expected delivery of today (Saturday 2/2) but no activity update past "Shipment information sent to FedEx" and now that it's Saturday evening, the expected delivery has been changed to N/A.

I'm wondering if it was a shipping issue overall, or if my 6 bottles are being mopped up off the floor somewhere.

Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks. The tracking information is created when the notify the shipper and then we upload the tracking information as soon as we receive it from the winery. it's not unusual to get the tracking info a couple days before the shipment is actually released.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

tercerowines

ThunderThighs wrote:Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks. The tracking information is created when the notify the shipper and then we upload the tracking information as soon as we receive it from the winery. it's not unusual to get the tracking info a couple days before the shipment is actually released.

The FAQ:

You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

Hey folks! The wines took a day longer than I thought they would on my end to deliver to Northern California, and didn't get there until Thursday, so not sure if they went out that day or Friday . . . but I know they are on their way!

PLEASE email me / message me when you receive them to give me any and all feedback you can - I'd love to hear from each and every one of you!!!!

Cheers!

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

Searayjim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Searayjim
ThunderThighs wrote:Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks. The tracking information is created when the notify the shipper and then we upload the tracking information as soon as we receive it from the winery. it's not unusual to get the tracking info a couple days before the shipment is actually released.

The FAQ:

I do realize they take longer, it was the confirmation with delivery date and now no delivery date (to be expected if it wasn't received when Fedex expects it to as a default, no big deal) but still not even a scan anywhere that had me wondering. I'm in no hurry but was wondering about it since I've never seen Fedex tracking do this, not even have an origin scan.

I need to rearrange the cooler to make room for everything I've bought anyway. I need to create a Zen moment to have the clarity to properly organize. LOL

tercerowines

I've seen a facebook pic or two of the wines having arrived in CA thus far - please keep me posted and remember to email me questions and comments when you have them to larry@tercerowines.com . . . . Cheers!

Larry Schaffer
tercero wines
www.tercerowines.com
larry@tercerowines.com

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
tercerowines wrote:I've seen a facebook pic or two of the wines having arrived in CA thus far - please keep me posted and remember to email me questions and comments when you have them to larry@tercerowines.com . . . . Cheers!

Wines arrived in So Cal yesterday!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson