klezman

quality posts: 114 Private Messages klezman

Jealous of that list! I love old Pinot, and my most enjoyed bottles of wine have been well aged Burgundies.

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Victory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bsevern

quality posts: 108 Private Messages bsevern
klezman wrote:You a Garagiste guy? I've got 3 of the 99 Ros di Rol coming from them.

I've been hesitant to do business with these guys given some of the past discussions around them, but I couldn't pass this up. This was my first order from Garagiste, hopefully this stuff is good.

bsevern

quality posts: 108 Private Messages bsevern
neilfindswine wrote:Thank you to Mr. BSevern for hosting; what a great night! Thanks to everyone for bringing wines and goodies (Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes????!!!!!????)

For the young domestics, The Summerland was drinking nicely for me, and I brought that Sojourn Sangiacomo because I think it's solid. Sorry you didn't get any BSevern... I think I may have accidentally mistaken the Sojourn decanter for my wine glass and 'tasted my way to the bottom'.

I was very pleased with the '82 Joseph Voillot Fremiets (we never got to the 93 Albert Morot Savigny-lès-Beaune... next time!) That '94 Clos De Beze Chambertin was really nice, and as discussed, the surprise of the night was that 96 Oregon Pinot from Cooper Mountain.

'Twas a great night. Bordeaux tasting next?

A big thanks to everyone for coming and bring extra decanters, glasses, WINE, t-shirts, and terrific snacks!

I'd totally be up for a Bordeaux night!

trifecta

quality posts: 66 Private Messages trifecta
bsevern wrote:I'd totally be up for a Bordeaux night!

We are down as well. Would it be older stuff as well? If so I need to start trolling the auction sites....

How about March at Neil's house
j/k. We could probably do one of these nights, but our place is somewhat small.

klezman

bsevern wrote:I've been hesitant to do business with these guys given some of the past discussions around them, but I couldn't pass this up. This was my first order from Garagiste, hopefully this stuff is good.

You just have to acknowledge that you'll get the wine whenever they decide to ship it. They'll only ship full cases. The more current shipping cost for a case of regular size bottles is ~$22-4 to SoCal, so it should be similar to NorCal.

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Victory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

trifecta wrote:We are down as well. Would it be older stuff as well? If so I need to start trolling the auction sites....

Molarchae and I will likely be in the area March 23 weekend...maybe Friday night of that weekend? Got some old Ridge and others to try.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 163 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

trifecta wrote:We are down as well. Would it be older stuff as well? If so I need to start trolling the auction sites....

...if you guys are willing to drive up to Sonoma...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

klezman

neilfindswine wrote:...if you guys are willing to drive up to Sonoma...

We may very well be doing that...keep an eye on your pm/email

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

I didn't even see this until after, and I was in the vicinity last weekend! I'm sorry I missed it. Must pay attention to gatherings threads...

On the subject of pinot, I'm not a huge fan or expert but I've enjoyed the pinots I've had at Arista and Woodenhead. Are those considered characteristic?

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

chemvictim wrote:I didn't even see this until after, and I was in the vicinity last weekend! I'm sorry I missed it. Must pay attention to gatherings threads...

On the subject of pinot, I'm not a huge fan or expert but I've enjoyed the pinots I've had at Arista and Woodenhead. Are those considered characteristic?

I really dig what Woodenhead is doing with Pinot...their Buena Tierra, Humboldt (unexpected) and another one they do from Anderson Valley whose name escapes me, are all solid, imho.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
neilfindswine wrote:I really dig what Woodenhead is doing with Pinot...their Buena Tierra, Humboldt (unexpected) and another one they do from Anderson Valley whose name escapes me, are all solid, imho.

Hubby and I liked the Humboldt. I was grossed out by the Wet Kiss because I kept thinking of that Super Bowl commercial.

We tasted the zins too, and I really liked the Guido Venturi Vineyard but not so much the rest because they tasted sweet to me.

trifecta

quality posts: 66 Private Messages trifecta

Are there weekends in March that work for folks for Bordeax night? Sounded like Klez was around for the 23rd. That works for us. Others?

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

trifecta wrote:Are there weekends in March that work for folks for Bordeax night? Sounded like Klez was around for the 23rd. That works for us. Others?

23rd is Rhone Rangers tasting in San Francisco that I'm very much looking forward to... you guys should check it out too...

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
neilfindswine wrote:23rd is Rhone Rangers tasting in San Francisco that I'm very much looking forward to... you guys should check it out too...

I think I have a ticket to that. Will you be going to bud break Neil?

Neal K Bharadwaj