sukeiasa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

Anyone thinking about going to these events??

Www.burdigala-NYC.com

Www.lapaulee.com

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

breeceus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breeceus
sukeiasa wrote:Anyone thinking about going to these events??

Www.burdigala-NYC.com

Www.lapaulee.com

Hi,

I would suggest anyone interested in gastronomy to not hesitate and go. Not only the dinner will be prepared under supervision of arguably the best chef around Alain Ducasse, but the wines that will pair the courses seem to be even better: all Grands Crus Classés from Bordeaux - translates as the creme of the crop of wine.

If you happen to own a great bottle yourself and were waiting for an occasion to enjoy it with other connoisseurs, this event is also BYOB and this is your time. I know for fact there will be amazing BYOBs to enjoy too!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
breeceus wrote:Hi,

I would suggest anyone interested in gastronomy to not hesitate and go. Not only the dinner will be prepared under supervision of arguably the best chef around Alain Ducasse, but the wines that will pair the courses seem to be even better: all Grands Crus Classés from Bordeaux - translates as the creme of the crop of wine.

If you happen to own a great bottle yourself and were waiting for an occasion to enjoy it with other connoisseurs, this event is also BYOB and this is your time. I know for fact there will be amazing BYOBs to enjoy too!

Not to be pedantic, but "Grands Crus Classés from Bordeaux" - could translate to the "creme of the crop of wine" (First growths) or could mean French table wine (Fifth growths). I doubt it's the former.

Otherwise, it sounds like a really cool event that I'd go to if I could teleport myself across the country.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

sukeiasa

well... at burdigala they have confirmed:
chateau-cos-destournel
chateau-dyquem
chateau-ducru-beaucaillou
chateau-gruaud-larose
chateau-lynch-bages
chateau-palmer
chateau-pichon-longueville-comtesse-de-lalande
chateau-pontet-canet
not a bad selection in my books...

oh, and i would hardly call 5th growths french table wine....

i'm not at all a burgundy expert.... but
they have confirmed
Domaine de l’Arlot
Bouchard Père et Fils
Domaine Jean-Marc et Thomas Bouley
Domaine Chandon de Briailles
Maison Champy
Clos de la Chapelle
Domaine Bruno Clair
Domaine Robert Chevillon
Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey
Domaine R&V Dauvissat
Domaine Rodolphe Demougeot
Maison Joseph Drouhin
David Duband
Domaine Dujac
Domaine d’Eugénie
Domaine Faiveley
Domaine William Fèvre
Domaine Fourrier
Domaine Hudelot-Noëllat
Maison Louis Jadot
Domaine Antoine Jobard
Domaine Michel Lafarge
Domaine des Comtes Lafon
Domaine Hubert Lamy
Domaine Laroche
Domaine Leflaive
Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair
Domaine François Mikulski
Domaine Christian Moreau
Domaine Pierre Morey
Domaine Georges Mugneret-Gibourg
Maison Remoissenet
Domaine Georges Roumier
Domaine Jean-Louis Trapet
Commune de Meursault
Hospices de Beaune

to be at the tasting.... and i've heard that bottle of DRC will make appearances as well....

due to scheduling conflicts i won't be able to make burdigala... but going to la paulee as my introduction to burgundy...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

sukeiasa

just got back from a crazy crazy weekend from new york city where i got the crash course on burgundy and my gosh that was a weekend of yummy drinking. in fact, i don't think i'm going to drink any more until i'm in california next weekend to clear out cellar space...

my only regret was not being able to take pictures of the two favorite wines i had this weekend, the 1983 montrachet, and the 1959 la romanee because one i was getting drunk and two the bottles were passed around at the gala dinner....

let's see some pictures shall we: