Bione

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Bione
kmontrose wrote:I can't decide if these would be unbelievably awesome or awful...

Having ordered a very similar product last time it was on Woot, I can confirm that they are unbelievably awesome because the quality of the ingredients is generally high. Considering I ordered the Bissinger winey chocolate raisins in the vague hope that they might even remind me of this product, I'm only trying to work out if I should buy two or three. Or make a new friend and buy six between us. Or go back in time to start a family, specifically so that we can order nine.

emw0925

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emw0925

These look lovely! Hoping they'll work out for some fun gifts (after being thoroughly "tested" for quality assurance beforehand, of course).

Two questions, one of which is a repeat but I have not yet seen an answer for it:
-What is the best by/expiration date?
-Do they need to stay refrigerated?

fgarriel

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fgarriel

Are these different than these, or just different packaging? I recall not being too impressed with the ones I bought in 2007.

mawy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mawy

[quote postid="5324277" user="mike808"]
More seriously, I am a Neuhaus kind of guy, but when it _really_ matters, Wittamer is my go to chocolatier with Pierre Marcolini a close second.
quote]

Ooooooo Pierre Marcolini.. I was starting to think my husband and I dreamed about their boutique in Brussels... Pure heaven. I've been trying ever since to convince everyone I know that Earl Grey Tea Chocolates are really astonishingly good. It hasn't worked so far and I wasn't willing to share my stash to prove it! Do you know if I can find any in the states or do I have to save up for another Belgium trip?

On a related note for todays Wine.Woot, how do these chocolates compare to such high end goodness?
*Note: I absolutely hate most American chocolates, with the exception of Candy Basket, the surprisingly nice Wine Lovers Chocoate sold with the Pedroncelli port before the holidays and occasionally, if I'm really really desperate (and ashamed.. I feel I'm confessing a sin here..), solid godiva chocolates. (their truffles are too sweet and fake tasting.., tho their chocolate covered strawberries are the perfect mid-shopping trip pick-me-up...)

zoneman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zoneman

Bought these last two times they were on woot. They were great, just expensive. In for 3 this time because it was over 2 years ago since they were last on woot.

I've troweled the internet to find a replacement when we ran out. Closest alternative was http://www.sbwinery.com/catalogpages/catalog3chocolatesyrupandchocolates.html But this deal is 33% cheaper per wine ball.

draigun

quality posts: 21 Private Messages draigun

Sorry if this is a stupidly obvious question, and hopefully I can get it answered before it sells out (don't see the button flashing just yet), but how long would these hold up unopened? Or is there any kind of expiration date?

I'd love to get a few of these as gifts, but I wouldn't be giving them out until around May/June for various birthdays and Mother's/Father's Day.

I'd love to give them out for Valentine's Day but just ended a 4.5 year relationship this past Tuesday. >:[ Maybe I'll give them to myself for V-Day.

sarahat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sarahat

How are these shipped? FedEx? USPS? SmartPost? And in what time frame?

This will inform what address I have them shipped to....most woot stuff comes through my local post office, which is fine, because I inevitably miss the delivery, and the PO is convenient-ish to go to. But if I have to track dow the nearest FedEx facility....I might have to have them shipped to a friend who's home during the day.

shopping77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shopping77

Another vote for accurate shelf life info. I'm obstaining from chocolate for lent and these would be the perfect Easter morning treat for myself. IF I can resist temptation!

dellasanchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dellasanchez

These would make a fantastic Valentine's Day gift!

Can someone please tell my boyfriend?

della
-who has my kitten picture?

mawy

dellasanchez wrote:These would make a fantastic Valentine's Day gift!

Can someone please tell my boyfriend?

Sure, can you tell my husband please?!?

elocinoco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elocinoco
mawy wrote:Sure, can you tell my husband please?!?

I hinted to the husband about REALLY wanting these. And he said, "Yeah, buy'em if you want'em. Whatever. But you could buy a decent flash drive for that." Romantic, huh?

mawy

elocinoco wrote:I hinted to the husband about REALLY wanting these. And he said, "Yeah, buy'em if you want'em. Whatever. But you could buy a decent flash drive for that." Romantic, huh?

Sometimes flash drives can be romantic.. If they take the time to load it with couples pictures and mp3s then it turns into our generations mix tape. Wine filled chocolates on the other hand are a wiser choice if hes not one to take that kinda time!

dsmmrm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dsmmrm
ThunderThighs wrote:We will not be requiring it. What your delivery driver decides to do remains a mystery.

This and the 48 states thing means they contain NO alcohol. Just stating the obvious for those who think they will be getting sloshed on these things.

unknownwarrior33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unknownwarrior33

I'm tempted by these, and I don't even like wine.

roguemermaid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roguemermaid

Fine!!! Don't ship to hawaii! We don't want them anyway.

puddnhead65

quality posts: 0 Private Messages puddnhead65

anyone else notice the winery was founded in 2029...

malibu1369

quality posts: 1 Private Messages malibu1369
mrgrogg wrote:I can't help but wonder about the champagne-filled ones. Either it's totally flat (and is therefore no longer champagne, but rather wine), or they explode when you bite into them.

I'm hoping they explode. Then you get two boxes of nice wine chocolates and one box of pure hilarity as you film your boss biting into the thoughtful gift you bought him and spewing carbonated gooey goodness all over the TPS reports...

Yeah, prolly flat. But one can always dream.

No, the really cool thing about these is that they explode as soon as you open the package (kinda like removing the cork from the Bubbly bottle). It is so fun scraping the little bits of chocolate from the walls, ceiling and floor and seeing how much you can get in your mouth without eating too much lint and cat hair...

dellasanchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dellasanchez
puddnhead65 wrote:anyone else notice the winery was founded in 2029...

Wow, so are we going to have to wait 16 years for these to arrive?

della
-who has my kitten picture?

mawy

malibu1369 wrote:No, the really cool thing about these is that they explode as soon as you open the package (kinda like removing the cork from the Bubbly bottle). It is so fun scraping the little bits of chocolate from the walls, ceiling and floor and seeing how much you can get in your mouth without eating too much lint and cat hair...

Some small and mildly disturbed part of me really wants that to be true...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
malibu1369 wrote:No, the really cool thing about these is that they explode as soon as you open the package (kinda like removing the cork from the Bubbly bottle). It is so fun scraping the little bits of chocolate from the walls, ceiling and floor and seeing how much you can get in your mouth without eating too much lint and cat hair...

This needs video.

I'm just hanging out, really.

isisnefarious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isisnefarious
mike808 wrote:Mmmm. Sprinkle a little salt on them and ....
Salty Chocolate Balls!

So if I get these, and then place my newly acquired balls in my girlfriend's mouth, will she agree they are the second most amazing thing she has put in her mouth?

More seriously, I am a Neuhaus kind of guy, but when it _really_ matters, Wittamer is my go to chocolatier with Pierre Marcolini a close second.

In for 3 anyway. SIWBM broken. Arrrggghhhh.

Mmmmmm nothing like the smooth taste of melting balls in my mouth. When I bite down gently the warm hot liquid gushes to the back of my throat, like a creamy sensual surprise. Well worth the price tag! Much more expensive on the street and in the alley!!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi

"Back to the Future Wine"?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

They're planning ahead? Reported for fixin'. Thanks for pointing that out.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

candacelynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages candacelynn

Why no Delivery to FPO AP?!?! I want deliciousness to !!!!

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Wow, very late to the game. Glad I saw the blinking button. Grabbed one woot.

Last Wooter to Woot:
bkarlan

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bkarlan wrote:Wow, very late to the game. Glad I saw the blinking button. Grabbed one woot.

Last Wooter to Woot:
bkarlan

Glad I didn't fall for the fake blinking...because it disappeared.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

CharlesBurns

quality posts: 8 Private Messages CharlesBurns
Rindaroth wrote:How long can you store these? Will they still be good in April after my daughter-in-law gives birth to my grandson?

When last I bought these, we opened two boxes immediately and I saved one for just over a year. After that year, I noticed no difference in the chocolates, unlike the Leonidas chocolates a friend brought from Belgium which were terrible after 4 months.

So the answer is: More than one year, though I do not know how much more.

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808
CharlesBurns wrote:unlike the Leonidas chocolates a friend brought from Belgium which were terrible after 4 months.

You do know that in Belgium, they use actual cream and butter in their chocolates, so letting that stuff sit around for four months, well, yeah, it would be terrible.

Your friend did a bad thing by not simply consuming them while in Belgium and then telling you how great they were. LOL

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808
mawy wrote:I've been trying ever since to convince everyone I know that Earl Grey Tea Chocolates are really astonishingly good. It hasn't worked so far and I wasn't willing to share my stash to prove it! Do you know if I can find any in the states or do I have to save up for another Belgium trip?

1. Save up for a Belgium trip. I'm probably going again this year.

2. If you liked the Earl Grey Tea Chocolates, then you should have bought all you could of Neuhaus floral tea chocolates to celebrate the Japanese Empress' Birthday about two years ago. The Jasmine Tea one was right up there with sex. Actually better. Because I could have 5, 6, 7 or more of them one after the other, while sex, on the other hand is a one-and-done proposition most of the time.

They had a Green Tea one and a Lemongrass Tea one that came in a set of three. So did I that day. :O

sarahat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sarahat
sarahat wrote:How are these shipped? FedEx? USPS? SmartPost? And in what time frame?

This will inform what address I have them shipped to....most woot stuff comes through my local post office, which is fine, because I inevitably miss the delivery, and the PO is convenient-ish to go to. But if I have to track dow the nearest FedEx facility....I might have to have them shipped to a friend who's home during the day.

Well, no one ever posted an answer to my question, and now they're sold out. I guess I wasn't meant to have any. At least I didn't pay $30 to have it sit in a remote sorting facility for 10 days...

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

sarahat wrote:Well, no one ever posted an answer to my question, and now they're sold out. I guess I wasn't meant to have any. At least I didn't pay $30 to have it sit in a remote sorting facility for 10 days...

Sorry no one was available to answer your question. I'm sure the next time you post we'll be able to highlight your post and get you a speedy response

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
roguemermaid wrote:Fine!!! Don't ship to hawaii! We don't want them anyway.

You have your chocolate covered macadamias. Fair trade off!

that was fun while it lasted!

mygazebo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mygazebo

Dammit! Sold out! Come back soon! I want some.

myfester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester

I totally enjoy a good dark chocolate. Honestly, I wouldn't consider these award winning. I think the sweetness of the chocolate was a bit overpowering. They really should cut back on the sugar a bit so you can taste what's inside them. All the flavors tasted pretty much the same...again, due to the overly sweet chocolate.

I'm glad I tried them, but probably wouldn't buy them again.

abrahamz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abrahamz

These are very yummy (what I've tried so far) but if it is warm where you live at all, there is danger of them melting and making a sticky mess inside the box.