Poll: Having truly high quality wine:
  • 21.5% - … is a rare treat. 231
  • 8.1% - … means you can’t go back to the cheaper stuff. 87
  • 19.5% - … is way too expensive for me. No thanks. 210
  • 17.8% - … is a great way to show it’s a special occasion. 191
  • 21.1% - … is a waste of money I could be spending on mixed drinks. 227
  • 12.1% - … is something I hope to do one day. 130
1076 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin

Louis M. Martini aged cab flight with rpm on the ww vets tour; memorable.

CT

QuadConPana

quality posts: 1 Private Messages QuadConPana

I received a bottle of 2009 Caymus Select Cab, ($130) as an award at work. I can't bring myself to open it any time soon. We've decided to hold it until our 20th anniversary in about 7 years. It would probably still not be at its ultimate peak, but I'll be doing good to wait that long as it is.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
QuadConPana wrote:I received a bottle of 2009 Caymus Select Cab, ($130) as an award at work. I can't bring myself to open it any time soon. We've decided to hold it until our 20th anniversary in about 7 years. It would probably still not be at its ultimate peak, but I'll be doing good to wait that long as it is.

I would actually suggest opening sooner rather than holding it for a while. Caymus is not built for the long haul.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

wkdpanda

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wkdpanda

Had a 1995 Chateau Trotanoy last week. Picked it up half price at a wine shop last spring. Was still going strong, needing an hour of decanting to fully open.

----------------
Andy the Wicked Panda

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Finally popped the cork on the '73 Dom for New Years to celebrate 25 years of something important.... Great bubbly! :-D

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...