WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Ardente 2002 Cabernet Sauvignon (3)

Speed to First Woot:
3m 13.554s
First Sucker:
jerry213
Last Wooter to Woot:
gelvase
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 19% of Wine Woots
Top 32% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 46% of Wine Woots
Top 48% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 1% second woot
  • 13% < 10 woots
  • 19% < 25 woots
  • 66% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 1% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 6% one year old
  • 93% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 83% bought 1
  • 13% bought 2
  • 4% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
49%
51%
0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Cesare


quality posts: 1586 Private Messages Cesare

Ardente 2002 Cabernet Sauvignon 3-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $122.20) 51% off List Price
2002 Ardente Cabernet Sauvignon Atlas Peak, Napa Valley

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

deckerbrian


quality posts: 16 Private Messages deckerbrian

Quick question. Who has red wine with hot wings? If you do, what is it?

jjbirt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjbirt
deckerbrian wrote:Quick question. Who has red wine with hot wings? If you do, what is it?



Syrah

DSal


quality posts: 1 Private Messages DSal

missed the 98 and 01 glad I was able to catch the 2002

deckerbrian


quality posts: 16 Private Messages deckerbrian
jjbirt wrote:Syrah



A big Auzzie Shiraz is high on my list.

Great answer.

philct


quality posts: 1 Private Messages philct
DSal wrote:missed the 98 and 01 glad I was able to catch the 2002



Bleh I have the 97 and this one but missed the 01... Tried to get it after the fact but no go... 2 out of 3 aint bad

[img]

bolligra


quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
deckerbrian wrote:Quick question. Who has red wine with hot wings? If you do, what is it?



The best red wine for hot wings is the one that's on the table.

Usually Zinfandel for me.

Edit: inZinerator


As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Damnit woot, my Fedex guy just left me:

3, Meeker Sonoma County Petite Sirah

6, Meeker Kiss Ridge Cabernet's

3, Goose Ridge Estate Merlot

And I bought 12 Bottles during this woot off, and now this ??????

"Your Killing me Larry" ! ! !

nfurlong


quality posts: 1 Private Messages nfurlong
philct wrote:Bleh I have the 97 and this one but missed the 01... Tried to get it after the fact but no go... 2 out of 3 aint bad



Phil, if you live in the Seattle area, I'll be happy to trade some.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Now If you want to make da wife happy, how bout some Tasi Merlot????

deckerbrian


quality posts: 16 Private Messages deckerbrian
bolligra wrote:The best red wine for hot wings is the one that's on the table.

Usually Zinfandel for me.

Edit: inZinerator



Zin is another great answer. Petit Syrah is also high on my list.

InZinerator is okay, but it's not one my faves from Mr. Harvey. 1869 is tops on my list tho Cathedral is wonderful. I have a double mag of each in the fridge.

philct


quality posts: 1 Private Messages philct
nfurlong wrote:Phil, if you live in the Seattle area, I'll be happy to trade some.



wrong coast but thanks =)I'm on the Eastern side hehe

[img]

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

I'm soooo weak, in for 1, that's makes 42 bottles of this stuff

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
fredrinaldi wrote:I'm soooo weak, in for 1, that's makes 42 bottles of this stuff



Sure hope you can drink it all before it goes over the hill.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




cortot20


quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
tytiger58 wrote:Sure hope you can drink it all before it goes over the hill.



I have a feeling he goes through this stuff pretty quick.

CT

hep1013


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hep1013

So how is this? Recs from those who have it? Space is at a premium in our apartment, so I have to really be convinced to jump.

chipgreen


quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen

Any thoughts on how this stacks up vs. the other Ardente Cab vintages that have been offered?

bolligra


quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
fredrinaldi wrote:Damnit woot, my Fedex guy just left me:

3, Meeker Sonoma County Petite Sirah

6, Meeker Kiss Ridge Cabernet's

3, Goose Ridge Estate Merlot

And I bought 12 Bottles during this woot off, and now this ??????

"Your Killing me Larry" ! ! !



I received an e-mail today saying my Meeker PS was scheduled for delivery Thursday (tomorrow). So, as usual, I went into Stuff You Bought to schedule a FedEx pickup at my local office. It gave me an error saying that option wasn't working at the time, try back later. When I got home, went in again and now it shows "notification received" of impending shipping, just as in the very first step of shipping. Earlier it showed it had arrived in Reno from Sacramento yesterday, now nothing. Anybody else with this issue? Wonder what's up?


As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
cortot20 wrote:I have a feeling he goes through this stuff pretty quick.


Who Me ? ? ? ?

Just opened a 97 bottle 20 minutes ago

cynthylee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

OK... so I'm seeing a lot of "off topic" comments. Does anyone have anything to say about this wine? I'm tempted, but need a little more info please.
Cheers!

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
cortot20 wrote:I have a feeling he goes through this stuff pretty quick.



Dont we all? Haha

"The older I get the better I was"

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
bolligra wrote:I received an e-mail today saying my Meeker PS was scheduled for delivery Thursday (tomorrow). So, as usual, I went into Stuff You Bought to schedule a FedEx pickup at my local office. It gave me an error saying that option wasn't working at the time, try back later. When I got home, went in again and now it shows "notification received" of impending shipping, just as in the very first step of shipping. Earlier it showed it had arrived in Reno from Sacramento yesterday, now nothing. Anybody else with this issue? Wonder what's up?



Where do you live? I'm in Manhattan Beach, Calie and got this 2 days after notification

cynthylee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
fredrinaldi wrote:Who Me ? ? ? ?

Just opened a 97 bottle 20 minutes ago



So Fred... is this an "autobuy" for you? I know you LOVE the cabs, but what makes this special?
Cheers!

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
cynthylee wrote:OK... so I'm seeing a lot of "off topic" comments. Does anyone have anything to say about this wine? I'm tempted, but need a little more info please.
Cheers!


Ah I bought 42 bottles of the 97, 01 & 02.... what does that say?

bjwca


quality posts: 3 Private Messages bjwca

I got 3 of these in my 9 pack awhile ago, but have only tried the 1997, which I thought was interesting enough. The tannin's were definitely softened, but the fruit forward flavor was also diminished more than I had hoped.

Has anyone had both the 1997 and the 2002? If so, any thoughts? The 2002 does have a higher rating on CT.

philct


quality posts: 1 Private Messages philct
fredrinaldi wrote:Ah I bought 42 bottles of the 97, 01 & 02.... what does that say?



Your having the next nation wide woot party?

[img]

bolligra


quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
deckerbrian wrote:Zin is another great answer. Petit Syrah is also high on my list.

InZinerator is okay, but it's not one my faves from Mr. Harvey. 1869 is tops on my list tho Cathedral is wonderful. I have a double mag of each in the fridge.



Agreed, but we're talking about hot wings, not prime rib!


As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

cynthylee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
fredrinaldi wrote:Ah I bought 42 bottles of the 97, 01 & 02.... what does that say?



Alright... I'm in for two. Haven't bought anything in a while (daughter's wedding in two months, saving my pennies), but with this recommendation who can resist?
Cheers!

dalematthew


quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew
deckerbrian wrote:InZinerator is okay, but it's not one my faves from Mr. Harvey. 1869 is tops on my list tho Cathedral is wonderful. I have a double mag of each in the fridge.



My thoughts exactly.

btw - I take my wings with beer - just seems right.

chipgreen


quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen

I also went in on a set. I'm interested to try these side by side with the '97s. Just wish they'd have both been offered on the same day so I didn't have to pay shipping both times but hey, these are cheaper than the '97s so there's that....

chipgreen


quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen

looks like the sales meter is broken, showing last purchase half hour ago

sphervey


quality posts: 38 Private Messages sphervey
cynthylee wrote:So Fred... is this an "autobuy" for you? I know you LOVE the cabs, but what makes this special?
Cheers!



My husband doesn't like Cabernet but he LOVED the Ardente 97 and 2002. I have the library collection and subsequent woots of 4 cases. We are drinking the 97 first and working our way up. You must decant it but it is truly a bargain at this price.

rugrats2001


quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001
chipgreen wrote:looks like the sales meter is broken, showing last purchase half hour ago



Yeah, looking for my purchase to show up, but I guess I will settle for the wine. ;-)

jonahp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonahp
fredrinaldi wrote:I'm soooo weak, in for 1, that's makes 42 bottles of this stuff



You're my hero Fred. This was an easy pass for me. 36 is my limit on Ardente. 15 is my limit on schnitzengruben.

ignoredobsessional


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ignoredobsessional

how the crap do i KEEP MISSING THIS!!!
seriously...woot has given me 3 opportunities this woot-off and i've been away all 3 times.

**sigh**

andreaserben


quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

anybody else had a bad shipment or a bad bottling? cork arrived 'popped out' and even the foil was torn. bottling problem? storage problem?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

andreaserben wrote:anybody else had a bad shipment or a bad bottling? cork arrived 'popped out' and even the foil was torn. bottling problem? storage problem?



Yikes. Sorry about that. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service. They'll take care of you.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders