0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

agrublev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agrublev

Got this last time it was around. Nothing special, i take a bottle with me to parties where people drink 2buk wine. But not a special drink by any means. The Inzinerator for earlier is where it's at my fav, esp for the price.

-------------------
iPhone composed

need4mospd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages need4mospd

I just thought to myself, hey I'll buy these overpriced PB cups to help speed it up so I can pick up a case of Copa cab or something.

Creepy woot mind readers.

benyust2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages benyust2

I bought this last time. By no means do I have a sophisticated palate. But, this wine has a strange aftertaste if you drink it without letting it decant for 45 minutes to an hour. The aftertaste was more prevalent in the first bottle I opened (on the day it arrived) which makes me think the shipping may be a factor. I think I'll get another one right now.

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg

Copa Del Rey Chilean Cabernet - 6 pack
$54.99 (Normally $91.85) 40% off List Price
6 2009 Copa Del Rey Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
10/15/11

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

krobart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krobart

I thoroughly enjoy this wine. I may not be a sophisticated wine taster, but I sure do like this one. The price is nice and ... well ... free shipping all day long? I ordered two sets.

krobart

First Sucker:
krobart

aarphacker

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aarphacker

I got this wine last time along with their chardonnay. Both were not special to the point that the chardonnay was almost undrinkable, but we are still working through it. The cab was surprisingly bland for a chilean cab. I would not buy them again even at this price. Sorry my first negative post on woot ever!

Jerry559

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jerry559
aarphacker wrote:I got this wine last time along with their chardonnay. Both were not special to the point that the chardonnay was almost undrinkable, but we are still working through it. The cab was surprisingly bland for a chilean cab. I would not buy them again even at this price. Sorry my first negative post on woot ever!

I only got the Cab but was similarly unimpressed.

gille5000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gille5000

Finally. I've been hoping this wine would show up again. Third time of buying it (don't normally get through wine this fast, but my ex-husband decided he liked it and drank most of it).

It's lighter than most cabs, but it's a really nice drink, especially at the price.

sandig7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7
Jerry559 wrote:I only got the Cab but was similarly unimpressed.

me too.

dmallette

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmallette
sandig7 wrote:me too.

I've bought this 2 out of the 3 times it's been offered prior to this. I like Cabs and this is a good to decent Cab. For the price you really can't beat it. Great Every Day Cab.

IndigoHills

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IndigoHills
Jerry559 wrote:I only got the Cab but was similarly unimpressed.

Ditto.

marybethb36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marybethb36

I love it. I buy it everytime it shows up.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi

pass, I have outgrown this wine, I just don't like it. The last couple of bottles I had to mix with another red to make my own blend so I could finish it. This is one Cab I'll pass on every time.

jjbirt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjbirt

Would this make a decent sangria?

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
fredrinaldi wrote:pass, I have outgrown this wine, I just don't like it. The last couple of bottles I had to mix with another red to make my own blend so I could finish it. This is one Cab I'll pass on every time.

That's saying something, coming from a man who had never met a Cab he didn't like (or so it seemed)! I don't really love it myself (though I did when I first started buying it, which may have been back in 2009 -- I guess my taste has evolved since then), but my wine-buying cabal at work loves it, and so I am in for two. When I was drinking it more regularly, I found it more palatable with a slight chill, and a half hour to open up.

gilmore1951

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gilmore1951

This is a great wine for those evenings that you open the 2nd, 3rd, or dare I say, 4th bottle.

krobart

Great idea. I'm going to try a sangria with this. Will post results if/when it comes up again in the future.

jjbirt wrote:Would this make a decent sangria?

Kainc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kainc

As this is a very common woot offering, I always look forward to the "swill/not swill" debate, thanks wooters for not disappointing! I haven't tried this as I can find my daily drinkers locally (sometimes from Hahn, same owners), but one of these days I know the "not swill" crowd will convince me.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz

I find this to be very drinkable and for a good price...better than most things I find at LSM. My dad enjoys this as well.

*Edit: by no means is it complex or have nuances BUT it is drinkable and consistent. There is nothing I hate more than to take a flyer on and $8-$9 bottle that ends up going down the drain. I at least know what I am getting. That being said, as is the case with most other mass-produced wines, it gets tiring. I dont drink it often but its nice to have on hand when guests come over, or to take to a prty, or serve my dad when he is visiting.

"The older I get the better I was"

tkastorff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tkastorff

Damn!!! Missed the InZin!!! Please put up more. I will take another 12 bottles of that, great daily drinker. Bummer.

w.w bottles| 308 L: Spelletich Lodi Sangiovese

"Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad wine"

juxcallmebob

quality posts: 3 Private Messages juxcallmebob

Bought this during the last offering and have to agree with most people - it was nothing special. Save your money for something else. Even if you thought it was only ok after the first bottle - just think, you still have 5 more bottles to go through.

fredrinaldi

InFrom wrote:That's saying something, coming from a man who had never met a Cab he didn't like (or so it seemed)! .

LOL,

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

This stuff is not good. Don't think I would accept if someone were giving it away.

Sorry.

Is it broke or just fractured?

lionel47

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lionel47
dmallette wrote:I like Cabs and this is a good to decent Cab. For the price you really can't beat it. Great Every Day Cab.

That's what I say. I won't be uncorking any of these for a special occassion but, for pizza night or a Saturday night of board games with friends, you can't beat it.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson

This has been up long enough that if someone wanted it they would have had ample opportunity to buy it. Please bring on the next item, my credit card is getting cold.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
jmdavidson wrote:This has been up long enough that if someone wanted it they would have had ample opportunity to buy it. Please bring on the next item, my credit card is getting cold.

+1....2+ hours...

mstern20878

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mstern20878

Taking a long time to move this along.....

fredrinaldi

2% left, lets go to then next goodie

bunnyh64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bunnyh64

Shoot!! Had been waiting for this to come up and stepped out for an hour or so. Already have one order in today, hopefully another "watch list" red will come up this evening.