2010 Raised by Wolves Malbec, Columbia Valley
2010 Raised By Wolves Cabernet Sauvignon
CT links above

Previous offer:
12/23/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

wmaincmt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wmaincmt

Bought two bottles of this almost exactly one year ago. It is yummy and well worth it. I paid 44.99 for two bottles so this prices saves almost 6 bucks a bottle.

Bonus: The bottle's label is BAD A$$ and I still display it.

It's like whoa!

wmaincmt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wmaincmt
wmaincmt wrote:Bought two bottles of this almost exactly one year ago. It is yummy and well worth it. I paid 44.99 for two bottles so this prices saves almost 6 bucks a bottle.

Bonus: The bottle's label is BAD A$$ and I still display it.

Only had the Cab last year so excited to try the others!

It's like whoa!

sealag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sealag

Just went to pull the trigger and informed that this wine cannot be delivered to NH?? I have bought wine from woot before. New legislation?? Grrrrr....

All who wander are not lost.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 42 Private Messages fredrinaldi

RBW ???

Last Wooter to Woot:
fredrinaldi

scott0210

quality posts: 6 Private Messages scott0210

I like their cab. How does the malbec compare? Haven't had a malbec in a few years?

sealag

Are the laws specific to the winery, where some wineries have jumped through the hoops to ship to certain states? Or is it that the state allows all or none to ship wine into the state?

gwg66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gwg66
sealag wrote:Just went to pull the trigger and informed that this wine cannot be delivered to NH?? I have bought wine from woot before. New legislation?? Grrrrr....

Fellow NHer here....having bought wine off Woot! before but not being able to buy this wine now very likely has nothing to do with any NH RSA changes. Each winefarm has to apply to each state to be allowed to ship there. In fact, there are cases where one varietal of wine from winefarm 'x' is allowed to ship to a state, while a different varietal from the same farm to the same state is NOT. Makes no sense, but it happens. My guess is that all past/current offerings of 'raised by wolves' are not able to ship to NH?

Hope this helps.

benyust2

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benyust2
sealag wrote:Are the laws specific to the winery, where some wineries have jumped through the hoops to ship to certain states? Or is it that the state allows all or none to ship wine into the state?

I know for Maryland, each winery has to register and pay a fee (I think $250 per year) to be allowed to ship here. And, I am forever grateful for those who do!

rlmanzo

quality posts: 24 Private Messages rlmanzo
scott0210 wrote:I like their cab. How does the malbec compare? Haven't had a malbec in a few years?

I loved the 2009 Cab, so bought this as well.(In December) Have had Merlot which was excellent; medium weight, fruity, went well with food.

The Malbec was VERY different in style than any Argentinian Malbec that I've had. Was very peppery to my palate. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, and for the price think it is superb.

Is it broke or just fractured?

rlmanzo

quality posts: 24 Private Messages rlmanzo

Hmmm... Just realized, no merlot this time. Too bad.

Is it broke or just fractured?

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
rlmanzo wrote:Hmmm... Just realized, no merlot this time. Too bad.

Yeah, I'd have been in on a 3+3 Cab/Merlot or just a straight Cab deal but I already have 3 of the Malbec and 5 of the '09 Cab. I'm interested to try the '10 Cab but not willing to double up on the Malbec to do so.

sealag

gwg66 wrote:Fellow NHer here....having bought wine off Woot! before but not being able to buy this wine now very likely has nothing to do with any NH RSA changes. Each winefarm has to apply to each state to be allowed to ship there. In fact, there are cases where one varietal of wine from winefarm 'x' is allowed to ship to a state, while a different varietal from the same farm to the same state is NOT. Makes no sense, but it happens. My guess is that all past/current offerings of 'raised by wolves' are not able to ship to NH?

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much, gwg66 - A little research led me to the same basic understanding - what a shame.

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
sealag wrote:Thanks so much, gwg66 - A little research led me to the same basic understanding - what a shame.

That's where "wootlegging" comes in. If you have a friend or relative in one of the ship-to states, just have the wine shipped to their address and pick it up or have them get it to you later.

SneezyKevinA

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SneezyKevinA

I do not need any more reds. I do not need any more reds.I do not need any more reds. I do not need any more reds.

Heck, I don't even need to spend any more money, I broke the bank for my Wife's 40th birthday and Valentines day, and a family vacation over spring break.

I will help this wine.woot go away by buying more reds...

I am now out of room in my wine racks.

I hate you woot.

dalematthew

quality posts: 24 Private Messages dalematthew

Awake - and in.

jlemos

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jlemos

Darn, just missed it. Wife loved the merlot offered last time.

bradsbabe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bradsbabe

Urrrggghh!! The one morning I decide to sleep in a bit, and I missed RBW.
$#!@*&%^ !!!