quality posts: 1597 Private Messages Cesare

Brack Mountain Enos Girasole Red Blend 4-Pack
$64.99 (Normally $125.55) 48% off List Price
2008 Enos Girasole, Dry Creek Valley and Chalk Hill
CT link above

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

What? Is it supper time for everyone? I'm looking for SOME info on this other than the description.
Cheers!

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

This has been a particularly slow and quiet WO. I'm guessing everyone received their holiday credit card statements. And/or, they are laid up with this god damn flu that's going around and has had me on my back for 11 days now (despite having had the flu shot...)

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

rmbarry

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rmbarry

Looks like a daily drinker and at this price, can't pass up an opportunity to give it a whirl

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

Looks tasty. I never had a bad red blend off of Woot, and I like Sangiovese in blends very much. So, in for one, despite current poverty.

Oh, and around to RAT as well, please....

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Here's the previous offer with some comments from Wooters who had tasted at our HalloWoot tasting....

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
mschauber wrote:This has been a particularly slow and quiet WO. I'm guessing everyone received their holiday credit card statements. And/or, they are laid up with this god damn flu that's going around and has had me on my back for 11 days now (despite having had the flu shot...)

Or woot offs have become more common and woot deals have become less enticing?
Don't get me wrong, there are still some great deals on wine.woot, but in 2007 I would be very willing to try something I've never heard of from this site because it was almost always good. These days I generally don't buy unless I know the wine is a good deal and agrees with my palate. There just can't be that many killer deals when you offer one every day in an improving economy.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

Hi everyone, Ali here from Brack Mountain Winery these days...I'm in North Carolina inbetween tastings and dinner so will keep it short.

This wine is among our favorites right now at the winery, beautiful cabernet from our Enos Estate Vineyard in Dry Creek blended with sangiovese from a small vineyard over in the Chalk Hill AVA. Big and full bodied right at first pour, but we love to decant this wine honestly and let it relax a bit. It's a bottle that has lasted quite a few days after opening too. A perfect cozy winter wine for sure.

The Girasole is mostly found in restaurants around the Bay Area an also a bit sold into Texas. A gem among our wine treasures at Brack! Happy to see it on the Woot Off today...Cheers - Ali

WineDavid was my Boss!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
SmilingBoognish wrote:Or woot offs have become more common and woot deals have become less enticing?
Don't get me wrong, there are still some great deals on wine.woot, but in 2007 I would be very willing to try something I've never heard of from this site because it was almost always good. These days I generally don't buy unless I know the wine is a good deal and agrees with my palate. There just can't be that many killer deals when you offer one every day in an improving economy.

I've found quite a few offers rather tempting (this one included), but I am really not supposed to be buying wine. I just can't buy wine right now. I'd buy this if I could, though.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

texacaliali

quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

dang! just saw that I missed the salted chocolate pecan caramels...those would be a delicious pairing with this wine!

WineDavid was my Boss!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
SmilingBoognish wrote:Or woot offs have become more common and woot deals have become less enticing?

Agree, the $5 shipping and rest of day free is what keeps me coming, I posted last week the the wife loves the Tasi Merlot, Advertised at $200 a case $95 on woot, bought it at $105 last Friday at a local store. But you cant beat the shipping as I have made 4 buys today and only paid $5 to ship them all.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi
texacaliali wrote:dang! just saw that I missed the salted chocolate pecan caramels...those would be a delicious pairing with this wine!

Ah ya snooze ya lozzze, I jumped on those today

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
fredrinaldi wrote:Agree, the $5 shipping and rest of day free is what keeps me coming, I posted last week the the wife loves the Tasi Merlot, Advertised at $200 a case $95 on woot, bought it at $105 last Friday at a local store. But you cant beat the shipping as I have made 4 buys today and only paid $5 to ship them all.

In defense of Woot, it really depends upon where one lives as to what they have available.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

The economy is improving??

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
slm9951 wrote:The economy is improving??

Yeah...

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons
kylemittskus wrote:Yeah...

What color is the sky on your planet? Is it nice?

fay711

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fay711
threemoons wrote:What color is the sky on your planet? Is it nice?

If you happen to be typing on your home computer, on your internet connection and buying crap you don't really need on woot you probably don't have any room to talk about the economy...just sayin, you're not starving on the streets

cdgrimm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cdgrimm
SmilingBoognish wrote:In defense of Woot, it really depends upon where one lives as to what they have available.

It really does depend where you are! Buy 12 bottles here in New Hampshire state stores this month and you get 15 percent off, plus there are the multitude of specific discounts and the coupons on top of that, so although I have seen some interesting wines I would like to try, I don't see the "killer deals" that have prompted me to buy in the past!