Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1615 Private Messages Cesare

Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
$34.99

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

dulcetdarling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dulcetdarling

Delicious olive oil. Absolutely wonderful.

junkyfungus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages junkyfungus

Ill give it a go

b74eqcm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages b74eqcm

"The olives are picked by hand within 24 hours of being crushed..."

That's some feat. Almost makes it worth it.

bri42guy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bri42guy

If I'm gonna spend close to 40 bucks, I would rather something I can get drunk on. I'm sure this is fantastic olive oil, but a little pricey.

ejbuzby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejbuzby
junkyfungus wrote:Ill give it a go

You will not be disappointed . . . now bring on the balsamic to go with it!!!!

sophist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sophist

Is this first press? It's usually stated.

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

This is basically a store price. More wine please unless you going to offer this at a great price in another section.

guzmantis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis
b74eqcm wrote: "The olives are picked by hand within 24 hours of being crushed..."

That's some feat. Almost makes it worth it.

Maybe the olives are crushed while they're still on the trees, which would explain why this is so expensive!

nfurlong

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nfurlong
fogtower wrote:This is basically a store price. More wine please unless you going to offer this at a great price in another section.

$34.99 + 5.00 shipping = $39.99
$40.00 regular price = 0.025% discount. Yippee!! :-)

jenrizzo79

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jenrizzo79

This stuff is fantastic, just don't ever cook with it. Just drizzle on bread, cheese, olives, salads, anything where you want a little extra deliciousness.

jkirkc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jkirkc
nfurlong wrote:$34.99 + 5.00 shipping = $39.99
$40.00 regular price = 0.025% discount. Yippee!! :-)

Even if you get combined shipping it is still a very weak woot. The price not woot worthy!!!

barkingkitty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages barkingkitty
jenrizzo79 wrote:This stuff is fantastic, just don't ever cook with it. Just drizzle on bread, cheese, olives, salads, anything where you want a little extra deliciousness.

Quite sure I'll be vilified for this, but I am just as happy with the $18 Ltd Rsrv from right here in the good ole USA. CA puts out some decent first pressing oil as well.

“ I always thought insanity would be a dark, bitter feeling, but it is drenching and delicious if you really roll around in it. “ ~ Kathryn Stockett

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
bri42guy wrote:If I'm gonna spend close to 40 bucks, I would rather something I can get drunk on. I'm sure this is fantastic olive oil, but a little pricey.

I'm with you at the risk of being called crude. I will work my beef with a mixture that includes maze. I would call it corn oil but since we are talking big money stuff maze sounds better. But, with the money I save and a little more added to it while I am feasting on my kitchen labors I will enjoy a glass or three or maybe four of, Châteauneuf-du-Pape. It is all about setting your own personal priorities.

barkingkitty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages barkingkitty

From the feature description: The olives are picked by hand within 24 hours of being crushed, insuring only fresh undamaged fruit is used.

I imagine the picking is quite a bit easier once the fruit is crushed. However, that would seem to run counter to the latter claim of the fruit being undamaged, no??

“ I always thought insanity would be a dark, bitter feeling, but it is drenching and delicious if you really roll around in it. “ ~ Kathryn Stockett