0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

greyday

quality posts: 54 Private Messages greyday

Recommended for anyone who likes things that are good.

theexuberantone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theexuberantone

Cellar Tracker:
http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1471062

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi

BINGO, 1st buy of the woot off.

p2002

quality posts: 8 Private Messages p2002
fredrinaldi wrote:BINGO, 1st buy of the woot off.

Yeah, I was wondering if you were in on this offer. Have you had this before? Any notes?
thx
rk

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

Had 1 last night....bad, corked. 1 before was excellent. Still thinking I may go for this as the first one was really that good. If you like an aged cab, this is it, drink now, tannins are smooth with good fruit still.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

Was really hoping this one would show up! Amazing QPR on this one. Have made multiple purchases of the 1997 Ardente Cab in the past and have been extremely pleased. You can't beat this at $25/bottle, shipped. Auto buy for me and first of the woot off! Free shipping the rest of the day

jcarlton03

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03

This was excellent.

Is this more than when it was on woot plus?

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Phew, woke up in just the nick of time

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

claytonscott12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claytonscott12

This was my first ever buy from WW, and it was a glorious first buy. The '97 was very good, easily drinkable over the course of the entire night. Still showed good fruit on the back end of the palate and had just the right acidity you would want in an aging cab. Definitely would recommend for the price.

rjquillin

quality posts: 184 Private Messages rjquillin

^&%&^#(*^
I have plenty of this, on SIWBM;
got more.
^&$%#&^ WD!

CT

jonahp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonahp

Thank you Ardente and woot for letting me feel heard to start my morning. I asked for the '97 alone the last time Ardente was up et voila, '97 alone. The '97, '01, '02 three pack for $60 was a great deal, three of the '97s for $70 is just plain silly. I really like the comment above about this being a good deal for those who like things that are good. Amen.

jonahp

And of course, in for three.

tkamla10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tkamla10

First buy on wine woot, big Cab fan... With all the comments on how good this cab is I had take a shot...

dalematthew

quality posts: 24 Private Messages dalematthew

Awake - and in for more. This may be my third purchase of this (and the other vintages).

jonahp

fredrinaldi wrote:BINGO, 1st buy of the woot off.

Fred, I would love to know that someone has bought more Ardente than I have. What's your count? This gets me to 36 combined on the three vintages.

rvz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rvz

I hope the '97 is better than the '02 because it was not good at all. I'm not sure that I would call it oxidized but it was bacterial tasting at best. I'm out on Ardente.

rjquillin

quality posts: 184 Private Messages rjquillin
jonahp wrote:Fred, I would love to know that someone has bought more Ardente than I have. What's your count? This gets me to 36 combined on the three vintages.

Yikes, I'm at 33, but that includes the 2004.

CT

philct

quality posts: 2 Private Messages philct

How could I resist... Good notes from the woot folks and a 16 year old cab... In for 1

[img]

bcudone

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bcudone

What is the drinking window on this?

fredrinaldi

jonahp wrote:Fred, I would love to know that someone has bought more Ardente than I have. What's your count? This gets me to 36 combined on the three vintages.

Had to go back and do a recount 36, were tied, I need to break the tie, in for 1 more, now 39
"I'm better than the rest" ;)

jeremiahjsmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeremiahjsmith

Just got my purple square! Very excited for some aged CS.

fredrinaldi

Last Wooter to Woot:fredrinaldiLast Purchase:a few seconds ago

StarM

quality posts: 20 Private Messages StarM

Decent reviews on CT -- I like aging Cabs (still showing fruit) and my hubby prefers more aged Cabs (more on the leather side), so this sounds like it might be a great midpoint.

But who's putting a 15 yr old Cab through a Vinturi? And then wondering why the wine is flat and lifeless. . . . Don't blame the wine at that point.

"We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, and which incorporates itself with the grapes, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Benjamin Franklin

philct

bcudone wrote:What is the drinking window on this?

I'd say now

[img]

jonahp

StarM wrote:Decent reviews on CT -- I like aging Cabs (still showing fruit) and my hubby prefers more aged Cabs (more on the leather side), so this sounds like it might be a great midpoint.

But who's putting a 15 yr old Cab through a Vinturi? And then wondering why the wine is flat and lifeless. . . . Don't blame the wine at that point.

Plenty of fruit left on this one. I am not a vinturi fan, but this does do well with some air. Give it an hour or two decant and enjoy.

jonahp

philct wrote:I'd say now

Kept properly, this should easily go two years or more.

jonahp

fredrinaldi wrote:39
Last Wooter to Woot:fredrinaldiLast Purchase:a few seconds ago

Thank you Fred. I'm much more comfortable out of the lead.

philct

jonahp wrote:Kept properly, this should easily go two years or more.

that would be lovely. Of course I'll be popping one soon and if it's got the fruit left I'll try to age the rest a bit more. I missed it, did it say where these were stored? I'm assuming at the winery in temp/humidity control?

[img]

fredrinaldi

jonahp wrote:Thank you Fred. I'm much more comfortable out of the lead.

LOL

jonahp

philct wrote:that would be lovely. Of course I'll be popping one soon and if it's got the fruit left I'll try to age the rest a bit more. I missed it, did it say where these were stored? I'm assuming at the winery in temp/humidity control?

These are comming from the winery, and I have seen no evidence of bad storage. I really have no idea who these Ardente folks are (even though a very nice rep for them has explained it to the wooters several times) or why they seemed so disinterested in selling their terrific cabs from silly good years until now. They say they like to hold wines until they hit their drinking windows and they are now making room for the '05s and '07s. I'm not asking a lot of questions, just pressing yellow buttons.

ignoredobsessional

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ignoredobsessional

<-------defeated :-(
woke up too late or I would have bought 3 cases.

jcassens5

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jcassens5

If anyone finds any problems with the bottles being "corked" found a website with a possible solution.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wine-101-what-does-corked-wine-mean-and-a-solution

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

was awake most of the night doing some work and then dozed off for a few hours - only to miss this - thanks

RyanANNAPOLIS

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RyanANNAPOLIS

Hey guys,

Opened a bottle of this tonight and it was pretty good. I love aged cabernet. Visit my new blog, I made the first post about this wine:

http://www.TheFermentedFruit.com/

Thanks!

Ryan