cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, to everyone (but not a Canadian obviously ) that should have been obvious. Excluded as well, is the now mythical Bunch of Changelings

The Bunch of Changelings is not a myth, I have seen it!

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:The Bunch of Changelings is not a myth, I have seen it!

Lately? It seems to be extinct, another victim of Global Warming.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
MarkDaSpark wrote:Lately? It seems to be extinct, another victim of Global Warming.

Several of us received them around X-Mas time, though it was truly a random thing, as they were not for sale, they simply arrived.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:Several of us received them around X-Mas time, though it was truly a random thing, as they were not for sale, they simply arrived.

Those don't count as true Bunch of Changelings since they weren't part of a Woot-Off or "special" day (April Fools, Xmas, New Year's, etc.)

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

they seem to be giving away a whole bunch of crap on facebook... just not always a bag with it.

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
joelsisk wrote:they seem to be giving away a whole bunch of crap on facebook... just not always a bag with it.

Yeah, they were, yesterday -- but it was missing the crucial randomness factor. I do miss the good old B of C. Even though I hadn't gotten one in a long while.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

still feeling like crap, missed all the good stuff during the woot off, went to bed way earlier than normal. Was able to get in on the chocolate today!! Got into the Dr. today... only a wicked sinus infection... hasn't turned into a total upper respiratory infection (like it normally does) nothing like being 1 of the only subs. who will work at our school, knowing that if I call in sick that it screws up everyone... so I sound like bea author with a runny nose..... fun fun.... 1 more day of work.... yea!! least anyone thinks I am complaining... I'm not... I am very grateful to have such a great job!!!

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:still feeling like crap, missed all the good stuff during the woot off, went to bed way earlier than normal. Was able to get in on the chocolate today!! Got into the Dr. today... only a wicked sinus infection... hasn't turned into a total upper respiratory infection (like it normally does) nothing like being 1 of the only subs. who will work at our school, knowing that if I call in sick that it screws up everyone... so I sound like bea author with a runny nose..... fun fun.... 1 more day of work.... yea!! least anyone thinks I am complaining... I'm not... I am very grateful to have such a great job!!!

Hope you feel better soon! I have grades due on Wednesday and a very full weekend with our gathering!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
joelsisk wrote:from MSP? bleh. Spring Break, man!

You should try what we did for Spring Break once: we went to MSP. Had a great visit.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:Except for Woot Monkeys! Those were specifically excluded from the moritorium....

I don't have that kind of moratorium, I've just gotten totally bored with the whole woot-off experience and forgot to look before going to bed. So of course, that's when they offered the new monkeys. I give up.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mommadeb1

ddeuddeg wrote:I don't have that kind of moratorium, I've just gotten totally bored with the whole woot-off experience and forgot to look before going to bed. So of course, that's when they offered the new monkeys. I give up.

you and me both!!

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:I don't have that kind of moratorium, I've just gotten totally bored with the whole woot-off experience and forgot to look before going to bed. So of course, that's when they offered the new monkeys. I give up.

I should have extras, and will bring them to D&D.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

North316 wrote:Several of us received them around X-Mas time, though it was truly a random thing, as they were not for sale, they simply arrived.

They weren't random. They were for the top quality posters. Give yourself a pat on the back if you received one.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ThunderThighs wrote:They weren't random. They were for the top quality posters. Give yourself a pat on the back if you received one.

Wonder what the minimum was... 'Course my quality posting stopped pretty soon after the newsletter mention about the spreadsheets and lab rat packing. Primarily because that was when the lab rat program stopped and they went to the one-a-day format and I couldn't keep up with the spreadsheets anymore. Although I like to think that the popularity of the spreadsheets was what prompted them to start listing the discount % on the offer itself. And I never got formal QPs for most of them since that didn't start til later. Nor did I get QPs for the packing since it wasn't in the main thread... Don't mean to sound whiny, just stating observation. God knows I've received my fair share of goodies over the years and I certainty don't mean to sound ungrateful.

*peeks at QP count*

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

ThunderThighs

Staff

cheron98 wrote:Wonder what the minimum was... 'Course my quality posting stopped pretty soon after the newsletter mention about the spreadsheets and lab rat packing. Primarily because that was when the lab rat program stopped and they went to the one-a-day format and I couldn't keep up with the spreadsheets anymore. Although I like to think that the popularity of the spreadsheets was what prompted them to start listing the discount % on the offer itself. And I never got formal QPs for most of them since that didn't start til later. Nor did I get QPs for the packing since it wasn't in the main thread... Don't mean to sound whiny, just stating observation. God knows I've received my fair share of goodies over the years and I certainty don't mean to sound ungrateful.

*peeks at QP count*

We looked at the top x number of quality posts for the year (2012). Come into the daily sale threads (especially wine!). That's where you're more likely to get them.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ThunderThighs wrote:We looked at the top x number of posters for the year (2012). Come into the daily sale threads (especially wine!). That's where you're more likely to get them.

Gotcha like I said, not whining, just curious, I've gotten plenty of freebies.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
ddeuddeg wrote:You should try what we did for Spring Break once: we went to MSP. Had a great visit.

So, are you saying we should go to the beaches of Buffalo instead?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

I don't know why this amuses me so much.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

sukeiasa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

I missed a woot off!!!!
Grr....

Interesting that I'm annoyed only because I missed the non wine items... Really wanted the salted caramel and brandidi...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Wonder what the minimum was... 'Course my quality posting stopped pretty soon after the newsletter mention about the spreadsheets and lab rat packing. Primarily because that was when the lab rat program stopped and they went to the one-a-day format and I couldn't keep up with the spreadsheets anymore. Although I like to think that the popularity of the spreadsheets was what prompted them to start listing the discount % on the offer itself. And I never got formal QPs for most of them since that didn't start til later. Nor did I get QPs for the packing since it wasn't in the main thread... Don't mean to sound whiny, just stating observation. God knows I've received my fair share of goodies over the years and I certainty don't mean to sound ungrateful.

*peeks at QP count*

Tell me about it! But I did figure it was the 20% Cooler count from the the main thread during 2012.

And CJ never really gets a 20% Cooler from keeping the list of Gatherings up to date (and when are we getting that GATHERINGS Tab????). Nor did I for posting it in the new Monday thread, nor subbing for you and Jason when you couldn't do the How Good is This Deal? post.

But then again, I did have all those labrats. And last June.

NonnaWY

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NonnaWY
otolith wrote:So, are you saying we should go to the beaches of Buffalo instead?

You could come to the "Beaches of Cheyenne", but it's kind of frozen over right now.

Gah, now I've got that song buzzing around in my head.

I will drink no wine before it's time. What time is it, anyway?

Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly.

MarkDaSpark

KAHN!!!!

* - from George Takei's FB page. For someone who hates Shatner, he sures seems to fixate on him.

joelsisk

bhodilee wrote:I don't know why this amuses me so much.

see, 50 cents doesn't sound like much, but it IS a 25% increase!

Like "upchuck".

joelsisk

NonnaWY wrote:You could come to the "Beaches of Cheyenne", but it's kind of frozen over right now.

wait, the BEACHES are frozen?

bhodilee

joelsisk wrote:wait, the BEACHES are frozen?

they might very well be. We're getting an ice storm on Sunday. Maybe they had one in Wyoming?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

joelsisk

bhodilee wrote:they might very well be. We're getting an ice storm on Sunday. Maybe they had one in Wyoming?

I believe that your Nebraska beaches are similar to those in WY.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
NonnaWY wrote:You could come to the "Beaches of Cheyenne", but it's kind of frozen over right now.

When I moved last summer I stayed overnight in Cheyenne. I had "I Can Still Make Cheyenne" playing in my head the whole day before we got there and most of the day after. I loved Wyoming, it was so beautiful! But all those gates on the side of the highway (presumably for closing the roads) were pretty scary! I can't wait to go back and visit, but not during the winter!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
joelsisk wrote:wait, the BEACHES are frozen?

Just saw a news story that Lake Erie has ice dunes. Ice from waves piling up. Looks really strange.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

edlada

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edlada
polarbear22 wrote:Just saw a news story that Lake Erie has ice dunes. Ice from waves piling up. Looks really strange.

I grew up on the shore of Lake Erie, in Erie, PA. The ice dunes happen every winter, they are a combination of frozen wave action and blocks of ice broken up by the moving water as the Lake freezes from the shore out. Add a bit of new snow and there you have it! They are quite nice to look at however very dangerous to walk on because there are many hidden openings and if you fall through it would be very difficult to get out, not to mention you may be in deep water. Further out in the lake if it freezes completely over (less common now but usually every winter when I was young) are pressure ridges, similar to ice dunes, blocks of ice pushed high up due to pressure from ice movement and wind. Also dangerous. Every now and then people think it would be easy to walk across the frozen lake to Canada (Less than 20 miles from Erie, PA to Long Point, Canada but not easy at all due to cracks, open water, pressure ridges, etc.

My dogs like me, that is important.

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Weird... I have two days off, in a row, on a weekend. What am I supposed to do with myself!?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Itwdswafo wrote:Weird... I have two days off, in a row, on a weekend. What am I supposed to do with myself!?

FORUM MODERATOR

Itwdswafo

ThunderThighs wrote:

Two down, two to go!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Itwdswafo wrote:Two down, two to go!

Rock on!

FORUM MODERATOR

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:

And you actually get paid for this..!

CT

ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:And you actually get paid for this..!

I know! I love my job. Of course, I'm not even working today. I'm just here on my own time.

FORUM MODERATOR

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:I know! I love my job. Of course, I'm not even working today. I'm just here on my own time.

Masochist!!!

mommadeb1

Itwdswafo wrote:Weird... I have two days off, in a row, on a weekend. What am I supposed to do with myself!?

drink wine???

NonnaWY

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NonnaWY
chemvictim wrote:When I moved last summer I stayed overnight in Cheyenne. I had "I Can Still Make Cheyenne" playing in my head the whole day before we got there and most of the day after. I loved Wyoming, it was so beautiful! But all those gates on the side of the highway (presumably for closing the roads) were pretty scary! I can't wait to go back and visit, but not during the winter!

Yeah, they do close the roads a bit around here during the winter. It's not the amount of snow, it's the blowing winds and snow combined that makes it dicey.

Anytime you come back to the area, PM me. I've got a gob of wine club friends here that would use any excuse to get together.

I will drink no wine before it's time. What time is it, anyway?

Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly.

bhodilee

joelsisk wrote:I believe that your Nebraska beaches are similar to those in WY.

eh, it was 50 for two straight days. we're not frozen. our ice storm is now just going to be rain.

Itwdswafo

ThunderThighs wrote:Rock on!

Three of four! I briefly considered asking one of the strangers I saw walking their dogs today if I could briefly walk them, but alas it didn't happen. Maybe I should have gotten to the wine first....