WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What is the biggest factor in your wine purchasing decision?
  • 45.9% - Price 342
  • 27.1% - Varietal 202
  • 9% - Color 67
  • 3.1% - Vintage 23
  • 9.7% - Region 72
  • 5.2% - Other (comments, please) 39
745 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

amybrla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amybrla

Taste and mood.

bblhed

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bblhed

Location in the store, if I don't have to walk too far in the store that is a good wine.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

Since I keep a variety in my rack, I look for whatever is a good buy today.

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper

Less then $5 and I'll look at it..

helenhalla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages helenhalla

Oak tannins give me migraines, as do other components of red wine. This pretty much limits me to oak-free whites. They also must not be too dry or too sweet.
I'm the only one in the house who drinks wine at all, so I need packaging that allows me to drink one or 2 glasses, then forget about it for a week or more. Most small box wines stay fresh long enough to finish them, and mini bottles work well.

a04971xx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages a04971xx

alcohol content and proximity to my mouth

cole103

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cole103

Varietal => region => price => vintage

jaybee53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaybee53

No sulfites

jackie burns

deckerbrian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages deckerbrian

All of the above. I usually am looking for a specific varietal, but have been known to come home with anything that catches my eye. I have my favorite regions and have a vintage chart on my phone so that plays into it sometimes too.

Obviously, I also look for great prices but sometimes am in the market for an overpriced, ready to disappoint splurge...

werdwerdus

quality posts: 13 Private Messages werdwerdus

woot cellars = instabuy

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

CA wine=> region => usually Zin=> under$20.00 These are my usual steps. If I recognize a winery that I know and like, I may make a price exception.

lsuchom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lsuchom

Taste!

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951
helenhalla wrote:Oak tannins give me migraines, as do other components of red wine. This pretty much limits me to oak-free whites. They also must not be too dry or too sweet.
I'm the only one in the house who drinks wine at all, so I need packaging that allows me to drink one or 2 glasses, then forget about it for a week or more. Most small box wines stay fresh long enough to finish them, and mini bottles work well.

You just need a Vin Vac and then keep it in the fridge. You don't need to subject yourself to boxed wine. I love my Vin Vac. I even vac my port and just keep it in a cool, dark place.

matt1976

quality posts: 10 Private Messages matt1976

All of the above

irinav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irinav

Taste