jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

We're going to postpone until late April / Early May in hopes we can get better attendance. Please let us know if you're interested!

We can host at our house, we live in town (Candler Park). I'm thinking afternoon on the deck, we'll provide heavy hors d'oeuvres, everyone bring a bottle or more. Woot and/or non-Woot wines, kids are welcome, we have a 2.5 year old and a 5 month old. If you can't make it, let me a know a date that works. We'll have the NCAA tournament on for those who care. RSVP now in the thread and I'll keep this first post updated with the latest information.

Attendees:
jhkey
jhkey+1
martinvkey
WilfBrim

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

jhkey

Bueller?... Bueller?...

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

Nostrom0

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Nostrom0
jhkey wrote:Bueller?... Bueller?...

I'll be there working on a film starting 2/25 if that's within your timeframe. I can regale you with stories of Sparky's vast collection.

Stash at CT

jhkey

Nostrom0 wrote:I'll be there working on a film starting 2/25 if that's within your timeframe. I can regale you with stories of Sparky's vast collection.

Sounds great, if we can get a few more interested then we'll start working on a date!

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

jhkey

I'll bump this up a couple more times and then let it go.

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

Synos10

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10

I'm in the Atlanta area and would be interested. Happy to discuss details. I'm sure we could find a few more participants.

jhkey

Synos10 wrote:I'm in the Atlanta area and would be interested. Happy to discuss details. I'm sure we could find a few more participants.

Excellent! I have a few other folks that might join us as well. Looks like we have at least 3 in this thread plus at least 2-3 more.

Should we throw out a few dates? What works and doesn't work in March (so Nostrom can join). We can host at our house.

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

karenwine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages karenwine

I'm interested! Although with a 7 month old, it's hard to say whether I'd be able to make it. But I will follow the thread to see what develops.

jhkey

We have a 4 month old, so we can keep it during kid-friendly hours if that's easier. If everyone could let me know any dates (Sat or Sun) in March / April that will NOT work, I'll compile them and propose a few options.

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

jhkey

bumping this back to the front page.

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk

I recommend you pick a date that works for you and then just see if folks will go for it. I've found trying to ask for dates tends to let things linger...

good luck!

jhkey

joelsisk wrote:I recommend you pick a date that works for you and then just see if folks will go for it. I've found trying to ask for dates tends to let things linger...

good luck!

Thanks Joel! Appreciate all the help I can get!

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

longstreet9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longstreet9

Very new to wine, but I'd be interested in meeting up to try a few bottles. I'm fairly flexible on dates so just come up with one and I'll try to make it.

jhkey

See the first post for specifics and updates, I'll keep it updated as we go!

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

Given the metro Atlanta area is kinda large, can you give me an idea where this is? I may be able to come (with a bottle. Or five.)

jhkey

WilfBrim wrote:Given the metro Atlanta area is kinda large, can you give me an idea where this is? I may be able to come (with a bottle. Or five.)

We live in Candler Park, Along Ponce, its about 1/2 way between 75/85 and Decatur.

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

WilfBrim

jhkey wrote:We live in Candler Park, Along Ponce, its about 1/2 way between 75/85 and Decatur.

Not too far, so add me to the list. It will take me a while to get there, but traffic shouldn't be too bad on a Saturday.

jhkey

WilfBrim wrote:Not too far, so add me to the list. It will take me a while to get there, but traffic shouldn't be too bad on a Saturday.

done. Anyone else?

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

Synos10

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10
jhkey wrote:done. Anyone else?

Sadly out of town the weekend of the 30th. I'll have to look forward to the next gathering.

jhkey

Synos10 wrote:Sadly out of town the weekend of the 30th. I'll have to look forward to the next gathering.

I'm thinking of pushing the date back a few weeks to hopefully get better attendance. If we don't get another person or two this week, I'll try another date.

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

WilfBrim

Where do we stand? Still on or not?

jhkey

WilfBrim wrote:Where do we stand? Still on or not?

I'm going to postpone for a month or so and try again. If it's still the same folks, then we'll do it with 4 of us.
WilfBrim, are there any weekends in April-May that don't work for you?

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

WilfBrim

jhkey wrote:I'm going to postpone for a month or so and try again. If it's still the same folks, then we'll do it with 4 of us.
WilfBrim, are there any weekends in April-May that don't work for you?

Nope. My wife was going to be in this weekend, so it's kind of empty. I'll try and keep the Beehive cheese unopened. It should still be good. I hope.

kchoschton

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kchoschton

Hey - Interested in joining. I was not reading the threads regularly at the time it started because I was very, very pregnant. I have a 4 month old now, and still BF. I can't drink much, but I can have one glass. Thanks in advance for setting one up.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

We actually finally have a Gatherings Tab now, so maybe someone can create a new thread there, with a link back to this one for those who want to look?

It would make it easier for interested parties to find in the new section. Nostromo & Soochee have moved to the Atlanta area as well, I believe.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.