tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
MarkDaSpark wrote:Perhaps a 2000 Chiarello Family Vineyards Zinfandel Felicia Old Vine would be acceptable as well?

Picked up the '04 & '05 Chase Hayne from my LB wine locker, and found this in there as well. Thoughts?

Oh, and I thought I might bring an '04 Madison Cellars Maximus for kicks as well.

Edit: It was like an early Birthday Present, going thru those wines!!! Even found a 2000 Corison Cab.

Ummmm YES!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

Bad news everyone (or good if you don't like me). SWMBO gave me the flu.

So, I will run by tyger's and drop off all the wine I have for everyone and take the wine tyger has for me. LoveLadyElectric: you can leave my 2 bottles with tyger and he'll get them to me when he and I trade next.

I'll also leave the bottle of Vranec for the C club.

tyger: check PMs.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:Bad news everyone (or good if you don't like me). SWMBO gave me the flu.

So, I will run by tyger's and drop off all the wine I have for everyone and take the wine tyger has for me. LoveLadyElectric: you can leave my 2 bottles with tyger and he'll get them to me when he and I trade next.

Kinda sucks, I was so looking forward to continuing our poli-ticks thread live.

Seriously, get better, and thanks for not sharing.

CT

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
kylemittskus wrote:Bad news everyone (or good if you don't like me). SWMBO gave me the flu.

Damn. We'll miss you. Very nice of you to still drop off the Vranec (I'm sure our C club list could use some extras just in case.) Hope you feel better quickly.

(Can't you just wear one of those surgical masks and try not to cough too much on anything?)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:Kinda sucks, I was so looking forward to continuing our poli-ticks thread live.

Seriously, get better, and thanks for not sharing.

No, no, no ... No politics at Wine tastings! Otherwise they can be Whine tastings!

Weather is safe. Maybe kids?

Edit: Is anyone bringing Cards against Humanity? Should I?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

time2testit wrote:Damn. We'll miss you. Hope it gets better quickly.

(Can't you just wear one of those surgical masks and try not to cough too much on anything?)

We could even fabricate a straw hole in it. Perhaps some overlapping latex membranes that reseal when the straw is removed. I'll get right on that.

CT

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

Isn't wine an antiseptic?

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

tytiger58

What!?

Alright which one of you ticked off Kyle in the Politics thread??

Edit: which one of you ticked off Kyle the most in the politics thread!??

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20

Mark is pouring one out for the homies not in attendance. You will be missed.

CT

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

I actually can't make it either. I've been moving this weekend and had everything planned to be moved Thursday and Friday, but had issues with trucks and people not showing to pick up sold furniture. I should be in LA within the next two weeks, and if it's convenient then I'll drop it off.

Scott, I apologize for not giving you a bigger heads up, but I've been really busy moving things.

Hope you all have a great time.

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Kyle, sorry you won't be coming. Flu sucks, doubly so when it's on a wine evening.

loveladyelectric - when you're here have a housewarming! It worked well for me and molarchae.

All - matza lasagna is ready to be assembled. Yum. Still gotta decide what wine we're bringing.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

time2testit

klezman wrote:Kyle, sorry you won't be coming. Flu sucks, doubly so when it's on a wine evening.

loveladyelectric - when you're here have a housewarming! It worked well for me and molarchae.

All - matza lasagna is ready to be assembled. Yum. Still gotta decide what wine we're bringing.

Looking forward to the lasagna. The matzah roca is made and ready (sans a few pieces that I couldn't resist). And I'll have your 2 Sojourns Klez. We're bringing the Four Vines Biker also.

rjquillin

On the way, but traffic not looking good for a timely arrival..

CT

klezman

Heading out soon - eta 6:15 JST.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

@LAX
Eta 18:45

CT

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Raising a glass in a Southernly direction to you guys... Have fun!!

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

rjquillin

Where are you?

CT

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Me? Up in Sonoma...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20

Had a great time meeting all of you. Sorry about bailing early but the free babysitters needed to get home. And thanks to all who shared their wine. It was good fun.

CT

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

Great gathering everyone - thanks to S & A for hosting.

Did anyone get an overall list of wines?

Ty - can you send me a link to the Shun knife set you were talking about?

For the next gathering, I propose Sparky make a thread for a pasta-making party at my house.

--- T

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

MarkDaSpark

zTimothyBz wrote:Great gathering everyone - thanks to S & A for hosting.

Did anyone get an overall list of wines?

Ty - can you send me a link to the Shun knife set you were talking about?

For the next gathering, I propose Sparky make a thread for a pasta-making party at my house.

--- T

Will try to make a list of the wines (and new thread) tomorrow sometime.

Thanks to TyTyger and his SWMBO for hosting such a great gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:Will try to make a list of the wines (and new thread) tomorrow sometime.

Thanks to TyTyger and his SWMBO for hosting such a great gathering!

+1 thanks to tytiger + swmbo for hosting and opening such a nice collection of old Ridge wines. Great to see everybody and to meet cortot and sparky's nephew!

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:+1 thanks to tytiger + swmbo for hosting and opening such a nice collection of old Ridge wines. Great to see everybody and to meet cortot, and sparky's nephew and niece!

IFTFY

time2testit

And RHWMBO and I add our thanks to tytiger58 and Mrs. tytiger58 for being wonderful hosts and what a spread! We really enjoyed meeting new people (Cortot20 & Mrs. Cortot20, Mark's niece & nephew, & tytiger58's daughters) and seeing "old" people! Of course we missed those of you who couldn't make it (or were sick). We certainly had more than enough wines (considering there were more bottles than people drinking)!

tytiger58

Thanks to everyone! we had a fantastic time, nice to see the old faces again and meet new one's Cortot and the beautiful SWMBO...that was a helluva cheese cake!

Can't wait to do it again. 9am mass after a night like that makes for a rough morning

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:Thanks to everyone! we had a fantastic time, nice to see the old faces again and meet new one's Cortot and the beautiful SWMBO...that was a helluva cheese cake!

Can't wait to do it again. 9am mass after a night like that makes for a rough morning

Your lovely SWMBO was quite charming and up quite early, you should take lessons form her.

And now that I'm home, an official thanks for hosting and the accommodations.
Great meeting friends again and adding some new ones.
Kyle, hope you're feeling better, you were missed as were the others unable to make it.

MarkDaSpark wrote:Will try to make a list of the wines (and new thread) tomorrow sometime.

I'll try to get the bottle pics up a bit later on as well, but why a new thread?

Sparky, find your funnel?

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:I'll try to get the bottle pics up a bit later on as well, but why a new thread?

Sparky, find your funnel?

Thus the text last night about it!

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Thus the text last night about it!

That would be the one I found after I left this morning, while driving south on the 405 past Sunset...

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

Sorry I missed the fun. Tyger, can you hold the 09 Alturas + $10 that was meant for loveladyelectric and we'll trade sometime soon?

SWMBO and I can easily host the next gathering but were over at the 2010 and just west of the 15. If that isn't too far, the next gathering's at our place.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

The full album LINK
Overview below.
Tytiger58 and his SWMBO were great hosts.

a bit difficult to see them all, but the album has them.

and here I should have gotten one before the severe damage was done, not much left at this point.

CT

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Sorry I missed the fun. Tyger, can you hold the 09 Alturas + $10 that was meant for loveladyelectric and we'll trade sometime soon?

SWMBO and I can easily host the next gathering but were over at the 2010 and just west of the 15. If that isn't too far, the next gathering's at our place.

Sorry, but I believe zTimBz has already claimed that one.

And as many years as I've lived in SoCal, I don't remember a 2010 freeway.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Sorry, but I believe zTimBz has already claimed that one.

And as many years as I've lived in SoCal, I don't remember a 2010 freeway.

It's the new one, just built a few years ago. But he's "sick" remember, and after a couple of bottles we should give him a pass, at least here if not in politicks.

CT

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

Sorry to have missed this as well. Maybe next year! Sounds like a grand time was had by all.

rjquillin

Century Club notes
For those that sampled the Greek white Estate Argyros Santorini Atlantis 2011 it's composition is

• 90% Assyrtiko
  • 5% Athiri
  • 5% Aidani

While it wasn't widely popular (understatement), at an aged Zin tasting, it showed much better this evening when chilled, as it really wasn't that evening. As it warmed, it took on some of those off flavors and picked up some bitterness noted that is lacking when colder, and rather nice in it's crispness, citrus and mildly floral character. SWMBO liked it; total surprise for me!

CT

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

Ditto on our part for not even coming close to making this but my CoffeeMate and I are barely keeping our heads above water with work. We'll try to get in the mix again soon. Glad you guys had a fantabulous time!

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

klezman

javadrinker wrote:Ditto on our part for not even coming close to making this but my CoffeeMate and I are barely keeping our heads above water with work. We'll try to get in the mix again soon. Glad you guys had a fantabulous time!

You're alive!!! Excellent!
Now come out and have some fun with the rest of us!

rjquillin

javadrinker wrote:Ditto on our part for not even coming close to making this but my CoffeeMate and I are barely keeping our heads above water with work. We'll try to get in the mix again soon. Glad you guys had a fantabulous time!

Then Clearly you need a break for an evening. Clear out some chaff!

CT

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
klezman wrote:You're alive!!! Excellent!
Now come out and have some fun with the rest of us!

Alive and coming up on our one one year wedding anniversary which sounds like as good enough reason as any to host a gathering in July. Hope you all like Long Beach in the summer!

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.