tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Well we will do some marinated tri-tips and some kind of chicken dish tbd. A Bruschetta made with ricotta heirloom tomatoes basil and Kalamata olives and another appetizer and a couple of salads tbd. So if anyone wants to bring a dessert??

And if anyone needs the address PM me.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




cortot20


quality posts: 142 Private Messages cortot20

My lovely +1 and I will be there and will drag sparkys nephew and niece with us.
Between the four of us we will be bringing an appetizer a dessert and bottle of white wine. (my wife will taste reds but for drinking purposes only drinks whites.)Let me know if there are any other needs.

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:My lovely +1 and I will be there and will drag sparkys nephew and niece with us.
Between the four of us we will be bringing an appetizer a dessert and bottle of white wine. (my wife will taste reds but for drinking purposes only drinks whites.)Let me know if there are any other needs.



I may be bringing a special bottle (of Hemlock) for him ... although I may save it for his brother instead.


Wondering if I should bring a Death by Chocolate cake?

Similar to this ...



only better!


(with Nuts or Chocolate bits like above?)



Edit: P.S. Kyle, isn't it time for a Countdown?


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
MarkDaSpark wrote:Edit: P.S. Kyle, isn't it time for a Countdown?



It is. Get it started, Sparky!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
kylemittskus wrote:It is. Get it started, Sparky!



Not my yob, man. You started this, it's your job.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman


quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Only comment I could find was "Georgian wine I received as a gift"

Tim?



I've still got the clay bottle - I can check tonight after the seder.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman


quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:Well we will do some marinated tri-tips and some kind of chicken dish tbd. A Bruschetta made with ricotta heirloom tomatoes basil and Kalamata olives and another appetizer and a couple of salads tbd. So if anyone wants to bring a dessert??

And if anyone needs the address PM me.



Mmmm...bruschetta. If you don't mind leaving some in a dish rather than on bread that'd be awesome. Bruschetta matza is, um, delicious

Our plan is still to make a mata lasagne that will satisfy the time2testits and Joel (if he makes it).

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:I've still got the clay bottle - I can check tonight after the seder.



Link to pics posted in the old gatherings. And forwarded the pics to RJ.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
kylemittskus wrote:It was at klez's. Clay-colored bottle, sweet... I bet it's in the last thread.



Actually, zTimBz shared one at the Oct gathering too. Both are good for the Century Club.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

time2testit


quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

RHWMBO is making "matzah roca" which is a very sweet dessert. She was considering making something in addition but not sure yet. Or we could probably also bring cut up fruit if anyone is trying to be a little bit healthy?

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
time2testit wrote:RHWMBO is making "matzah roca" which is a very sweet dessert. She was considering making something in addition but not sure yet. Or we could probably also bring cut up fruit if anyone is trying to be a little bit healthy?



I will have cut up fruit for you hippie types (sarcasm)

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tytiger58 wrote:I will have cut up fruit for you hippie types (sarcasm)



I'll probably bring some crack toffee as well.

Unless that's not kosher.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

And I still have a headache, or would that be stomachache, trying to digest that earlier food link.
I don't really want to come empty handed either; suggestions...

CT

klezman


quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
MarkDaSpark wrote:I'll probably bring some crack toffee as well.

Unless that's not kosher.



Just keep the ingredients label and we'll see!

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

zTimothyBz


quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz
kylemittskus wrote:And your +1?



Yes - she will be designated driver. So don't forget something non-alcoholic for her!

rjquillin wrote:Tim, you brought something unusual to a gathering either at your locker or Klez's that was good for a century counter. Recall what it was?



I don't have the bottles, but I found Sparky's pics of them.

December: Alexandreuli & Mudzhuretuli
October: Saperavi

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

time2testit


quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
klezman wrote:Just keep the ingredients label and we'll see!



Pretty sure it isn't kosher for Passover (at least for us), but certainly OK for everyone else. By the way, matzah roca is actually similar to the crack toffee anyway.

klezman


quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
time2testit wrote:Pretty sure it isn't kosher for Passover (at least for us), but certainly OK for everyone else. By the way, matzah roca is actually similar to the crack toffee anyway.



Toffee/caramel chocolate covered matza? That stuff is every bit as good as crack toffee.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Couple of things as we are getting close, I have 20 regular stems and 5 or 10 stemless glasses plus 3 decanters (need to buy another decanter or two in the next wootoff, I think that should be enough?? feel free to bring another decanter if you think we need it.

I will put out a few bottles of Champagne if anyone wants to start with that or for the non red drinkers. I will also say if your humping a case or 3 (Kyle)you might want to get there a little early so you don't have to carry them up a hill, or drop them off in the driveway and then find parking. Let me know if anyone still needs the address.. Looking forward to Saturday!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:Couple of things as we are getting close, I have 20 regular stems and 5 or 10 stemless glasses plus 3 decanters (need to buy another decanter or two in the next wootoff, I think that should be enough?? feel free to bring another decanter if you think we need it.

I will put out a few bottles of Champagne if anyone wants to start with that or for the non red drinkers. I will also say if your humping a case or 3 (Kyle)you might want to get there a little early so you don't have to carry them up a hill, or drop them off in the driveway and then find parking. Let me know if anyone still needs the address.. Looking forward to Saturday!

I can bring a decanter or two and some flutes if you like. A PM refresh of your address would save me searching.

CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:I can bring a decanter or two and some flutes if you like. A PM refresh of your address would save me searching.



Sounds good, pm on the way.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

Kyle, I know we're doing Zin's, but feel free to look thru the stuff you have for me to see if there's anything interesting there for this weekend. There may be some oddball bottles good for Century Club counters.

CT

Corrado


quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Damn, close to be able to make it out for this one, but not quite!

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado
**********************


It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
Corrado wrote:Damn, close to be able to make it out for this one, but not quite!



It's not like we wouldn't plan a gathering when you ARE out here.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

time2testit


quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
klezman wrote:Toffee/caramel chocolate covered matza? That stuff is every bit as good as crack toffee.



And since she usually does it with non-dairy margarine but is using real butter for this batch, it will be even better than the batches we've been consuming so far!

BTW - someone PM me TyT's address please!

kylemittskus


quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
time2testit wrote:And since she usually does it with non-dairy margarine but is using real butter for this batch, it will be even better than the batches we've been consuming so far!

BTW - someone PM me TyT's address please!



Check your PMs again for address.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
time2testit wrote:And since she usually does it with non-dairy margarine but is using real butter for this batch, it will be even better than the batches we've been consuming so far!

BTW - someone PM me TyT's address please!



PM sent

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Babysitters (parents) cannot come over Saturday due to lat minute trip to see my grandma...cant leave m wo and five year olds with just anyobody...working on it so I guess my status now is "tentative" I know some of you are bummed lol

"The older I get the better I was"

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
losthighwayz wrote:Babysitters (parents) cannot come over Saturday due to lat minute trip to see my grandma...cant leave m wo and five year olds with just anyobody...working on it so I guess my status now is "tentative" I know some of you are bummed lol



Where are your priorities??

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Slight problem with the vertical. Not sure if I will be able to locate the 2006 (or '06 Reserve). But I will have the '04, '05, '07 to '09 of the Chase Zins.

Anyone else have the Chase '06 Hayne Zin? I don't see anyone listed in CT.


Edit: Just to be on the safe side, I'll also bring a 2006 Turley Hayne Vineyard Zinfandel.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
MarkDaSpark wrote:Slight problem with the vertical. Not sure if I will be able to locate the 2006 (or '06 Reserve). But I will have the '04, '05, '07 to '09 of the Chase Zins.

Anyone else have the Chase '06 Hayne Zin? I don't see anyone listed in CT.


Edit: Just to be on the safe side, I'll also bring a 2006 Turley Hayne Vineyard Zinfandel.



Wow! I don't see any of that as a problem..can't wait

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




kylemittskus


quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

I only have the 05. Still think that's quite the vertical. This should be an interesting tasting. Two sets of verticals and a mini horizontal plus everything else.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:I only have the 05. Still think that's quite the vertical. This should be an interesting tasting. Two sets of verticals and a mini horizontal plus everything else.

How many of us are there going to be. This bottle count is approaching or has now surpassed the MN event with their 20+ attendees.

CT

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:How many of us are there going to be. This bottle count is approaching or has now surpassed the MN event with their 20+ attendees.



From what I can see at least 17...Kyle are you bringing your better half? I think that would be 18?? We might need more wine

BTW I have a bottle from a friend to test, right up Klez's alley.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:How many of us are there going to be. This bottle count is approaching or has now surpassed the MN event with their 20+ attendees.



I'll have to look back at past gatherings, because I think we had more wines at previous gatherings in Carlsbad, and I'm pretty sure we had way more in NoVA/DC (#6 IIRC).


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman


quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:BTW I have a bottle from a friend to test, right up Klez's alley.



Ooooh...exciting! I wonder what it is! I have one of those I'm debating whether to drink tonight or bring tomorrow. But answers will be needed for tomorrow evening. We'll probably just drink it tonight.

Still gotta decide what to bring, too!

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cortot20


quality posts: 142 Private Messages cortot20

Anybody need a Counoise for the century club? Otherwise, I'll leave it home.

CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
cortot20 wrote:Anybody need a Counoise for the century club? Otherwise, I'll leave it home.

Would be new to my list. Need about 15 more to make it.

CT

cortot20


quality posts: 142 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:Would be new to my list. Need about 15 more to make it.



Then I'll make sure it gets in the bag.
See you guys tomorrow.

Oh and the Carmel apple cheesecake is in the oven.

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Perhaps a 2000 Chiarello Family Vineyards Zinfandel Felicia Old Vine would be acceptable as well?


Picked up the '04 & '05 Chase Hayne from my LB wine locker, and found this in there as well. Thoughts?


Oh, and I thought I might bring an '04 Madison Cellars Maximus for kicks as well.


Edit: It was like an early Birthday Present, going thru those wines!!! Even found a 2000 Corison Cab.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:My lovely +1 and I will be there and will drag sparkys nephew and niece with us.
Between the four of us we will be bringing an appetizer a dessert and bottle of white wine. (my wife will taste reds but for drinking purposes only drinks whites.)Let me know if there are any other needs.



Count two of the plethora of wines I'm bringing towards my nephew's & niece's contributions.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.