losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

How far are you from the Courtyard Marriott? Looking to book a room soon. Thanks!

"The older I get the better I was"

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
losthighwayz wrote:How far are you from the Courtyard Marriott? Looking to book a room soon. Thanks!

It's right at the bottom of the hill, maybe mile and a half. It's close, that's where we go when we have blackouts

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
tytiger58 wrote:It's right at the bottom of the hill, maybe mile and a half. It's close, that's where we go when we have blackouts

Close enough to walk back! Perfect!

"The older I get the better I was"

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

I'm not bringing wine because I am sure that is covered but all you folks with a few hundred bottles in your stash, but I will volunteer some food. When we get closer to the event we can talk through whats needed.

CT

tytiger58

cortot20 wrote:I'm not bringing wine because I am sure that is covered but all you folks with a few hundred bottles in your stash, but I will volunteer some food. When we get closer to the event we can talk through whats needed.

That will work...glad your coming.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
losthighwayz wrote:Close enough to walk back! Perfect!

One of us can drive you back, too, I'm sure.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
cortot20 wrote:I'm not bringing wine because I am sure that is covered but all you folks with a few hundred bottles in your stash, but I will volunteer some food. When we get closer to the event we can talk through whats needed.

I'm figuring the same here. Although if SWMBO is tired from all the holiday cooking around that week it may be something less extravagant (but still Passover qualified)

kylemittskus

Ok. I'm locking in March 30 as the official date. I assume 6ish, tyger?

tytiger58

kylemittskus wrote:Ok. I'm locking in March 30 as the official date. I assume 6ish, tyger?

6ish is good

klezman

quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman
time2testit wrote:I'm figuring the same here. Although if SWMBO is tired from all the holiday cooking around that week it may be something less extravagant (but still Passover qualified)

We can coordinate KlP stuff. I've got a pretty solid mocha brownie recipe, for example. Speaking of which, I need to still sort out seder arrangements.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
klezman wrote:We can coordinate KlP stuff. I've got a pretty solid mocha brownie recipe, for example. Speaking of which, I need to still sort out seder arrangements.

I may or may not be able to make it to this shindig... I will be in LA, but not really close (as Klez can attest).

Speaking of seders, Klez...

klezman

joelsisk wrote:I may or may not be able to make it to this shindig... I will be in LA, but not really close (as Klez can attest).

Speaking of seders, Klez...

Right. I owe you a response. I'll get on that the next couple of days.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk

Can someone PM me the detailed address? I'm still hopeful I may be able to make it... and I could probably scrounge some pesach food to bring.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
joelsisk wrote:Can someone PM me the detailed address? I'm still hopeful I may be able to make it... and I could probably scrounge some pesach food to bring.

Same here. Directions that is. Don't look at me for pesach anything.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tytiger58

pm's sent

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:pm's sent

Guess I'm either un-invited, or just got missed. And I have goods to deliver, I think, and pick-up.

CT

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:Guess I'm either un-invited, or just got missed. And I have goods to deliver, I think, and pick-up.

He only sent one to Joel and Sparky, I think. I have almost 2 cases for you.

tytiger58

Will send to all interested when i get back to mycomputer. At DMV with my daughter..ugghh

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:Will send to all interested when i get back to mycomputer. At DMV with my daughter..ugghh

Impressive, driving already!

CT

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:Impressive, driving already!

Ya last one, last car to buy, last one to buy insurance for. Can't wait to be able to spend my money on wine

Pm's sent! let me know if I missed anyone.

kylemittskus

Bump. Sparky, are you bringing the Chase vertical?

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

My +1 and I will be attending.

I don't have any aged zins that I know of. I'll have to look in my friends' lockers and see if I can find anything good.

Any requests for anything else?

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Bump. Sparky, are you bringing the Chase vertical?

Yes.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

molarchae and I are definitely in. I also have some older Ridge Zins to bring, but I think they're the same as tytiger's. I'll think on it and see what else I can come up with.

tytiger58

klezman wrote:molarchae and I are definitely in. I also have some older Ridge Zins to bring, but I think they're the same as tytiger's. I'll think on it and see what else I can come up with.

Good to hear! o.k I have in case your worried about doubles...

1981 Ridge Fiddletown
1995 Ridge Pagani Ranch
1997 Ridge Geyserville
2006 Ridge Mazzoni Home Ranch

And by the grace of the Bio dynamic gods none will be flawed

And I think we will have more than enough food but feel free to bring anything you want. If anyone needs an address please PM me.

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:Good to hear! o.k I have in case your worried about doubles...

1981 Ridge Fiddletown
1995 Ridge Pagani Ranch
1997 Ridge Geyserville

And I think we will have more than enough food but feel free to bring anything you want. If anyone needs an address please PM me.

Tough to keep up with this crowd. I can offer:
1999 Alderbrook Zinfandel OVOC
or a 2005 Peter or Scott bottle, but not much age with either of them.
Ah, or some
2001 Trinitas Zinfandel
plonk I think I got as a gift.

CT

klezman

tytiger58 wrote:Good to hear! o.k I have in case your worried about doubles...

1981 Ridge Fiddletown
1995 Ridge Pagani Ranch
1997 Ridge Geyserville

1997 and 1996 Ridge Geyserville
2004 Eaglepoint Coro Mendocino

Everything else is 2007 and later, but there are a couple interesting choices there too.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

I'll wave at all of you guys from nearby in Torrance. Family is celebrating Easter and my birthday a day early so I can't get away even the 10 or 15 miles

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

cmaldoon wrote:I'll wave at all of you guys from nearby in Torrance. Family is celebrating Easter and my birthday a day early so I can't get away even the 10 or 15 miles

Even if I find your cabs?

CT

tytiger58

cmaldoon wrote:I'll wave at all of you guys from nearby in Torrance. Family is celebrating Easter and my birthday a day early so I can't get away even the 10 or 15 miles

Bring your family with you..we should have enough wine and food.

klezman

Plus it'd be nice to see you!

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
rjquillin wrote:Even if I find your cabs?

tytiger58 wrote:Bring your family with you..we should have enough wine and food.

klezman wrote:Plus it'd be nice to see you!

At last count there will be 20 people from the combined both parent's extended families including 6 underage and an equal number of tetotalers. I do not think bringing them is an option. Plus my dad enjoys entertaining and would be saddened if I took this chance away.

RJQ - on a plus side, I will get your Sherry down to SD around that point in time, alternately, perhaps if I am coming down on that thursday or friday at a decent time for Ty, I could drop it by and you'd pick it up at the party. Also, AJRod has contacted me about the IH Chard.

Ty, your place is very nice and I will miss being there. Your generosity from last time has not been forgotten :-)

Klez - once again it would be nice. I wish I could say that i'd see you on the 23rd up here but SWMBO is living in Sacramento these days so the great majority of weekends are spent there.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

klezman

cmaldoon wrote:Klez - once again it would be nice. I wish I could say that i'd see you on the 23rd up here but SWMBO is living in Sacramento these days so the great majority of weekends are spent there.

Yup, gotcha. Didn't realize she was in Sac now. If the two of you want to swing by our house in Sonoma this weekend you're welcome to also.

tytiger58

cmaldoon wrote:At last count there will be 20 people from the combined both parent's extended families including 6 underage and an equal number of tetotalers. I do not think bringing them is an option. Plus my dad enjoys entertaining and would be saddened if I took this chance away.

RJQ - on a plus side, I will get your Sherry down to SD around that point in time, alternately, perhaps if I am coming down on that thursday or friday at a decent time for Ty, I could drop it by and you'd pick it up at the party. Also, AJRod has contacted me about the IH Chard.

Ty, your place is very nice and I will miss being there. Your generosity from last time has not been forgotten :-)

Klez - once again it would be nice. I wish I could say that i'd see you on the 23rd up here but SWMBO is living in Sacramento these days so the great majority of weekends are spent there.

Just give me a days notice and i'll make sure i'm available for a drop off.

And I know family always trumps a party

K00L

quality posts: 0 Private Messages K00L

Maybe

kylemittskus

K00L wrote:Maybe

W.W. old timer! Ill add you to the maybe list.

cortot20

Sparky, do you mind if I invite your nephew and niece? PM me. He likes to drink and she likes to be social. It's perfect.

CT

rjquillin

cortot20 wrote:Sparky, do you mind if I invite your nephew and niece? PM me. He likes to drink and she likes to be social. It's perfect.

Is this some choreographed train-wreck in the works?

CT

cortot20

rjquillin wrote:Is this some choreographed train-wreck in the works?

Absolutely not. Just figured I would ask the sparkly one first before I invited some of own family. I could see how you would arrive at that conclusion though.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:Sparky, do you mind if I invite your nephew and niece? PM me. He likes to drink and she likes to be social. It's perfect.

No, that's terrific. But just them!