WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Namesake Wines

Remember these guys? They were JUST ACTORS! And now, your heart is broken. That's a feeling you'll never get from these wines, because every name on the label is for REAL. At least, that's what they told us. We assume they told the truth. Look, using Google is hard, okay?



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1559 Private Messages Cesare

Namesake Wines

Haywood Estate Sonoma Valley Primitivo 4-Pack
$104.99 (Normally $174.35) 40% off List Price
2008 Primitivo, Los Chamizal Vineyard, Sonoma Valley
Previous offer: 8/27/12 (Plus)

Kent Rasmussen 2009 Petite Sirah 3-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $137.20) 56% off List Price
2009 Kent Rasmussen Petite Sirah
Previous offer: 11/30/12

David Noyes 2008 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir 4-Pack
$79.99 (Normally $140.60) 43% off List Price
2008 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
Previous offer: 7/30/12

Stewart Cellars Russian River Valley Pinot Noir 3-Pack
$99.99 (Normally $155.00) 35% off List Price
2008 Stewart Cellars Russian River Valley Pinot Noir
Previous offer: 5/28/12 (Plus)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

What's your favorite namesake wine?

I'm just hanging out, really.

cortot20


quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20

Here's my notes on the David noyes Pinot

2/25/2012
Drank at a party, great for sipping and went well with chicken.
A nice purple core but still able to see through it in the glass. Nose and palate is all cherries. Would purchase again at around $15


CT

hiten900


quality posts: 9 Private Messages hiten900

The Kent Rasmussen 2009 Petite Sirah 3-Pack is $5 less than the last time it was on woot - 11/30/2012.

A good wine. Tempted but have purchased too much in the last few weeks. I yet have this wine from the previous offering.

Cesare


quality posts: 1559 Private Messages Cesare
hiten900 wrote:The Kent Rasmussen 2009 Petite Sirah 3-Pack is $5 less than the last time it was on woot - 11/30/2012.

A good wine. Tempted but have purchased too much in the last few weeks. I yet have this wine from the previous offering.


It's the same price. $59.99

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

andreaserben


quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
hiten900 wrote:The Kent Rasmussen 2009 Petite Sirah 3-Pack is $5 less than the last time it was on woot - 11/30/2012.

A good wine. Tempted but have purchased too much in the last few weeks. I yet have this wine from the previous offering.



If you got the price from your order history, then you probably saw the shipping charge included.

dnwines


quality posts: 9 Private Messages dnwines

Hey,

Not sure how this all works, but wanted to sign in to answer questions, chat about my 08 Russian River Pinot...just back from jury selection process...long day w/no access

dnwines


quality posts: 9 Private Messages dnwines

I find the 08 RR very smooth, deceptively subtle, soft in the mouth, it takes a minute to recognize how truly rich and intense the fruit is--the benefit of a couple of retired academics who do most all the critical work in the vineyard--leaf pulling, shoot positioning, cluster thinning.

The fruit all turns color at the same time...its like a string section where all the instruments are in tune...

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
dnwines wrote:I find the 08 RR very smooth, deceptively subtle, soft in the mouth, it takes a minute to recognize how truly rich and intense the fruit is--the benefit of a couple of retired academics who do most all the critical work in the vineyard--leaf pulling, shoot positioning, cluster thinning.

The fruit all turns color at the same time...its like a string section where all the instruments are in tune...



You've figured it out. Thanks for stopping in. My PN palate is back after a vacation. Do you have nerdy numbers? TA, pH, alc., production, lottery, etc.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

dnwines


quality posts: 9 Private Messages dnwines

14.6% alc, 3.75 pH, 350 cases produced. I don't normally measure TA...100% pinot, of course, and all Green Valley Fruit, Dijon clones. 2 Vineyards, mainly Gunsalus--they of the dedicated vineyard work, and about 20% from a cooler site overlooking the Petaluma gap...

dnwines


quality posts: 9 Private Messages dnwines

Off to bed now...

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dnwines wrote:Off to bed now...



Thanks for stopping in!



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

charliecarroll


quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

Going to bite on the Sirah. I have never had it so when it comes back again I may be able to have something to say about it.

jjfahey


quality posts: 5 Private Messages jjfahey

Hmmm ... Got 3 of the D.N. Pinot in a Woot-Off in Aug 2011 for $15 or so each. Maybe I should crack one open before I buy four more ...

deckerbrian


quality posts: 15 Private Messages deckerbrian

I bought the Haywood Primitivo the last time it was on Plus. Very good. I wish I had room and bucks to jump again.

hiten900


quality posts: 9 Private Messages hiten900
andreaserben wrote:If you got the price from your order history, then you probably saw the shipping charge included.



Yes, thats why I thought this was $5 less!

ckeilah


quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Wait, are these wines with names, or rice wines, aka sake?

Or are they named sakes?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

dnwines


quality posts: 9 Private Messages dnwines

I opened one of mine the other night...yep, warm, rich, layered...seems simple at first, but then opens up to multiple layers of ripe fruit...substantial wine, rich. Of course, I am totally objective!

Drank it with roast chicken, garbanzos, and kale, raw beets and carrot salad. worked well.

rpm


quality posts: 167 Private Messages rpm
dnwines wrote:I opened one of mine the other night...yep, warm, rich, layered...seems simple at first, but then opens up to multiple layers of ripe fruit...substantial wine, rich. Of course, I am totally objective!

Drank it with roast chicken, garbanzos, and kale, raw beets and carrot salad. worked well.



dn, I just wanted to let you know how much I like your work with Pinot. I had a bottle last Fall when we were in Sonoma (lunch and a quick visit with WD39) and was very much impressed. Ordered some of this, and some of the Sonoma Valley which was on one of those (other sites) quite recently. Keep up the excellent work!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

cortot20


quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20
rpm wrote:dn, I just wanted to let you know how much I like your work with Pinot. I had a bottle last Fall when we were in Sonoma (lunch and a quick visit with WD39) and was very much impressed. Ordered some of this, and some of the Sonoma Valley which was on one of those (other sites) quite recently. Keep up the excellent work!



A strong endorsement indeed.
I liked the 08' quite a bit as well.

CT