dulcetdarling


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dulcetdarling

Does anyone have a guess on how long it will take the pickles to ship to California?

brooklynbrine


quality posts: 9 Private Messages brooklynbrine

we will have all orders shipped by the 23rd! West Coast is 3-4 days transit. Cheers!

dulcetdarling wrote:Does anyone have a guess on how long it will take the pickles to ship to California?



popabar


quality posts: 0 Private Messages popabar
brooklynbrine wrote:YES! We are Kosher! We are under Rabianical supervision by Rabbi Samuel Gringras. The certificate is Kashruth. The symbol is K O S C.



That's great! Can you mention a bit more about that. I'm having trouble googling the organization with which he is affiliated. Do you have the name of an organization?

brooklynbrine


quality posts: 9 Private Messages brooklynbrine

I'm at home now, but if you send me a message at brooklynbrine@gmail.com I can send you his number tomorrow.

Cheers!

popabar wrote:That's great! Can you mention a bit more about that. I'm having trouble googling the organization with which he is affiliated. Do you have the name of an organization?



Mifune


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mifune

Brooklyn

Artisan

Stopped reading right there. Checked URL window in browser to make sure I hadn't found myself on Etsy. Nope.

Look in kitchen. Different types of vinegar. Check. Various spices. Check. Various vegetables. Check. Sugar/palm sugar/brown sugar/honey/agave nectar. Check. Mason jars. Check. Brooklyn tap water. Oh hell.

If I don't have Brooklyn tap, then I don't have love. The most important ingredient of them all. IN FOR THREE

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Mifune wrote:Brooklyn

Artisan

Stopped reading right there. Checked URL window in browser to make sure I hadn't found myself on Etsy. Nope.

Look in kitchen. Different types of vinegar. Check. Various spices. Check. Various vegetables. Check. Sugar/palm sugar/brown sugar/honey/agave nectar. Check. Mason jars. Check. Brooklyn tap water. Oh hell.

If I don't have Brooklyn tap, then I don't have love. The most important ingredient of them all. IN FOR THREE



Pointless, d-bag post. Check.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jwrebholz


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jwrebholz

I'm sure they're really tasty. They sound really tasty. But I'm not paying that much for pickles.

SerialBeggar


quality posts: 4 Private Messages SerialBeggar
brooklynbrine wrote:I'm at home now, but if you send me a message at brooklynbrine@gmail.com I can send you his number tomorrow.

Cheers!



Tomorrow? Tomorrow will be too late to order.

Tamstress


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tamstress
brooklynbrine wrote:Alcohol is 110 percent cooked off! Order away



That's as may be, but it's still listed on the ingredients. These wouldn't pass inspection w/o being repackaged and I'm not taking the chance w/ my friends.

Woot was I thinking? Whar was my head?

cmichael258


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmichael258

Fedex shipping page shows 1/22/13 pickup date in Sanoma, California??????

Ship (P/U) date :
Tues 1/22/2013
Sonoma, CA US

Why CA pickup for Brooklyn Pickles?

ShyGuy91284


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ShyGuy91284

FedEx shows a 1/22 shipment information sent to FedEx with no update since.. Hmmm....

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ShyGuy91284 wrote:FedEx shows a 1/22 shipment information sent to FedEx with no update since.. Hmmm....


That's actually fairly normal for smaller companies like this. We'll sometimes print the labels for them. It's barely been a week and a half. Wine shipments (even non-wine) can take 2-3 weeks for shipping.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

aewaugh


quality posts: 1 Private Messages aewaugh

Never again. So far I’ve tried the Brooklyn Brine Maple Bourbon Bread & Butter Pickles, 16 oz and the Brooklyn Brine NYC Deli Pickles, 24 oz and there is zero chance I will eat either again. I do plan on making some pickleback shots (brine chaser to shot of Jameson's) to drown the sorrow of ordering these pickles.

eugene22n


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eugene22n

Let me preface by saying I love all types of pickled foods (even extreme ones like watermelon, apples) and pickle stuff myself. I never pass up a chance to try a new brand.

The quality of the vegetables and freshness is TOP NOTCH. Tip of the hat.

The carrots and beets are too intense to be enjoyed by themselves but do well in salads.

Each type of pickles is flavored VERY intensely. But be aware that these are closer to "HALF-SOURS" than full sours. That is a negative point for me but lots of people prefer it that way.

Didn't enjoy the hop variety. The profile was very odd for my palate.

I agree and support the use of caraway in pickling but IMO it might be a bit over done here.

Finally, these are VINEGAR pickles. And these are some of the best vinegar based pickles that I've had.

However, I strongly prefer the more traditional, "kosher, dill, Manhattan" type pickles with NO use of vinegar. Indeed with dill and fermentation, yielding a cloudy brine.

I encourage BB to at least try this type of pickling. You can achieve the same types of flavoring minus the vinegar taste. And you get a lot time to play with in terms of aging.

I'm glad I got the products and to support fellow pickling enthusiasts but I won't be ordering these again. They are good vinegar based pickles, but I'm still not a fan of the style.

But if you guys makes a fermented variety I'll be ordering ...

bedinarose


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bedinarose

I'll have to drink a lot of wine to eat this stuff. So, I guess that's a good thing.