Winery website
Kiss Ridge website

Previous offers:
8/1/12 (2005)
7/20/11 (2004)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 46 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

Here's to you, fredrinaldi!

sandig7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7

so, what's the best year? i just looked up some old woot comments and it looks like the 2004 wins. (?)
i'm going to get 3; one of each or 2 x 2004 and 1 x 2005? help! please.

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

I haven't tasted my existing 2004 and 2005 bottles yet. However, the other Meeker wines I've tasted indicate this is going to be great stuff, super high acidity and will last for ages. This woot price is about right, too.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

Wow. WD and crew really lined them up this week. Hard to pass up '05 Napa Cab, especially at this price, and Meeker to boot. Not much left of that vintage around. Loved the '04, was told they had stashed the rest for library. Bought some '05 already, but this is a better price.

I am a member at Meeker and am actually headed up this weekend... decisions...

mplarkin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mplarkin
trifecta wrote:Wow. WD and crew really lined them up this week. Hard to pass up '05 Napa Cab, especially at this price, and Meeker to boot. Not much left of that vintage around. Loved the '04, was told they had stashed the rest for library. Bought some '05 already, but this is a better price.

With "complexity x 1 billion", who could pass this up?

jsp872

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jsp872

Can we place 2 orders to get two different vintages and still only pay 5 dollar shipping??

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
jsp872 wrote:Can we place 2 orders to get two different vintages and still only pay 5 dollar shipping??

If you order two it should give you the option of selecting each one separately. They'll ship together (I would think).

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

noslensj

quality posts: 41 Private Messages noslensj
klezman wrote:If you order two it should give you the option of selecting each one separately. They'll ship together (I would think).

Yes. As soon as you select more than one dropdowns appear to give you the option to select a vintage with each option. So you can construct 2x or 3x verticals if you buy more than one.

greyday

quality posts: 51 Private Messages greyday

Fantastic! I still have a little of the 2004 from a previous offer. One of the extremely few things that can make me break my SIWBM. In for as many as I can!

sandig7

greyday wrote:Fantastic! I still have a little of the 2004 from a previous offer. One of the extremely few things that can make me break my SIWBM. In for as many as I can!

all 2004?

jsp872

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jsp872

In for 2
Question is... all 2005? or get one 2006?
Since 2004 reviews on CT dont appeal to me much lol

greyday

quality posts: 51 Private Messages greyday
sandig7 wrote:so, what's the best year? i just looked up some old woot comments and it looks like the 2004 wins. (?)

I haven't had the 05 or 06, but the 04 was fantastic! And actually I've loved every bottle of meeker anything I've ever had, definitely a favorite of mine...

sandig7

greyday wrote:I haven't had the 05 or 06, but the 04 was fantastic! And actually I've loved every bottle of meeker anything I've ever had, definitely a favorite of mine...

thank you. i think i'll get 2 x '04 and 1 x '05. has woot offered the'06 before?

trifecta

sandig7 wrote:thank you. i think i'll get 2 x '04 and 1 x '05. has woot offered the'06 before?

Nope. I don't remember seeing it in the Tasting Room either. Might be a relatively new release.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
trifecta wrote:Wow. WD and crew really lined them up this week. Hard to pass up '05 Napa Cab, especially at this price, and Meeker to boot. Not much left of that vintage around. Loved the '04, was told they had stashed the rest for library. Bought some '05 already, but this is a better price.

I think we tried this when Lucas hosted us in Santa Rosa?

NOTE TO SELF: TASTING NOTES!!

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
trifecta wrote:Nope. I don't remember seeing it in the Tasting Room either. Might be a relatively new release.

Interesting to see the 2005 again since it sold out by noon the last time it was offered, and Lucas said it was gone!

The 2006 shows as sold out on the Meeker website...and no information on the 2004 or 2005.

I have 3 of each...haven't tried any of them yet...Will probably add some, but which years? Hmmmm!

Went in for another set of 2005.

Meeker Kiss Ridge Cabernet-Your Choice

Speed to First Woot: 0m 46.008s
First Sucker: mill
Last Wooter to Woot: bobrush12866
Last Purchase: a few seconds ago

Lucas, what are the drinking windows on these?

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi
SmilingBoognish wrote:Here's to you, fredrinaldi!

Good morning from the west coast, I feel the love, what a pleasant surprise at 4:45 am, now which to get????

bobrush12866

The 2005 is GONE already!....Glad I jumped in quickly on this one since I missed out on the SH Reserve Zin yesterday!

bobrush12866

fredrinaldi wrote:Good morning from the west coast, what a pleasant surprise at 4:45 am, now which to get????

U Snooze, U Lose!...2005 gone already!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi
bobrush12866 wrote:The 2005 is GONE already!....Glad I jumped in quickly on this one since I missed out on the SH Reserve Zin yesterday!

ya bummer, jumped on the 2004 & 2006,

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001

Got the 2004 & 2006 as well, I'm just glad I bought 6 bottles of the 2005 back in August. Thanks, Woot!

bobrush12866

fredrinaldi wrote:ya bummer, jumped on the 2004 & 2006,

Just jumped in again for the 2004. Best price anywhere else is $75 a bottle....Thanks Lucas!

trifecta

bobrush12866 wrote:U Snooze, U Lose!...2005 gone already!

Noooo..... Bummed.

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

Darn....Missed the 2005.

Can Lucas compare/contrast vintages?

I enjoyed the 2004. Medium bodied for a Napa Cab but very nice.

I'd hate to miss this!!

Is it broke or just fractured?

sulakdd

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sulakdd

Went in for the '04. Will trade a bottle for a bottle of the '06 if there are any Lansing, MI, area wooters interested. PM me.

jcarlton03

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03

Completed the vertical with the '06. This is a killer week.... Can we get the Orange wine up and done with already so that I can try to get back on my SIWBM.

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith

No shipping to Tennessee

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

lurcher

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lurcher

Just wondering why a true vertical offering would not have been better, knowing the 2005 would have likely sold out early (as it did)?

No wine for me today....

dalematthew

quality posts: 21 Private Messages dalematthew

I jumped on the 05 last night. After the SH yesterday my cc is feeling the pain.

Can't wait to try the Meeker - which brings me to my question - any views on the drinking window?

Edit: now looking at link to prior offer and added a set of the chard on woot plus for the wife

From Lucas on the 05 - "15 might be stretching it, but wouldn't surprise me either. I really don't think 10 would be a problem. 8-10 is probably the prime though. "

canestri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canestri
lurcher wrote:Just wondering why a true vertical offering would not have been better, knowing the 2005 would have likely sold out early (as it did)?

No wine for me today....

Given the limited number of 2005 bottles there would have been an equally limited number of true verticals.

At least this way anyone interested in the other vintages still has a chance.

bobrush12866

lurcher wrote:Just wondering why a true vertical offering would not have been better, knowing the 2005 would have likely sold out early (as it did)?

No wine for me today....

Likely not enough 2005 and much more of the 2006 followed by the 2004!

oncman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oncman

Looks like just 2006 left!

Searayjim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Searayjim
oncman wrote:Looks like just 2006 left!

Ya, 2 days in a row. A wine novice doesn't have a chance.

I'm glad Kroger runs boxes on sale so I have something to drink.

rjquillin

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rjquillin

I remember these. Last time with the '05's, after the sellout, Lucas offered the '06's direct; score!

Still have a 1/2 case each of all three in the cellar. Yum, can't wait.

Thank you Lucas!
And thanks to WD for another offer I could refuse this time because I couldn't earlier.

Folks, new wooters, either stay up or get up early. There are autobuy offerings that don't last because long time hoarders gobble 'em up early. We have learned, learn from us. Two days in a row mill was first sucker. He's in Florida; should tell you something.

CT

Searayjim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Searayjim

Ok, that's it. In for 3 '06. Sounds like it could use a little time but that's cool. I just can't stand on the sideline looking like an indecisive dork drinking from a box.

And thanks rjquillin for the advice. I'm usually up when it rolls to the next offering and noticed mill. I'll need to get familiar with who all likes what and watch what they buy. I'm really kicking myself after yesterday.

xibbumbero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages xibbumbero

SOLD OUT...Nooooo! X

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 46 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

Two early sellouts in a row. Congrats to the WW team and all of us lucky winos.

lucasmeeker

quality posts: 81 Private Messages lucasmeeker

Hey everybody!

Um, that was fast. I didn't expect it to be gone so quickly.

The reason we opened up some very limited 04 and 05 allotments was because we had so few 06 left from what was a small vintage.

As I said in the Voicemail, the 06 is the mellowest of the three, and also perhaps the most elegant and well-integrated. I think you'll like it a lot.

More than happy to answer any other questions, sorry I wasn't here for the actual sale part!

Thanks for your support. It means a lot to a family business.

Lucas

Lucas Meeker
The Meeker Vineyard
www.meekerwine.com
@meekerwine

Question? Just ask!