MichaelWB

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MichaelWB
Searayjim wrote:You've got to be ^#*%( kidding me!!! I watch as midnight rolls around and wait for a few comments. It's all good, I check out some of the new comments now and WHAM! The door slams in my face.

If I could reach, I'd kick myself in the.....well you know.

To the moon with me... Saw it at midnight as you did. Looked at comments at 5am this morning and posted my question. Saw my answer and said Id decide at lunch. Came to order

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

Sold out by Noon (CST)? Are you sure you counted the bottles correctly? Aren't there a few more cases somewhere?

hyetylidie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hyetylidie

Anyone in the Los Angeles area willing to get rid of a few bottles, I am willing to take any amount, 1-3 (or more, depending if someone wants to give up that much). Please PM if this is the case. Thanks

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

I usually dither and delay - good thing I didn't do that today!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

jcarlton03

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03

Glad I got in on this before lunch....

I still am mad about missing the mag of InZIN a few months back. This would have driven me mad to miss both.

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

btphillips

quality posts: 4 Private Messages btphillips

Can't delay when SH is in the house!

tnizani

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tnizani
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Both wines are made at about the same pH of 3.5ph to 3.6pH. pH depicts how long a wine will age. The lower the pH, the less oxygen it can absorb and the longer it will age. Add a little residual sugar and the ph needs to be just a little lower to have the same ageability. So, this dry wine will age longer than the InZinerator, but not by much.

Scott,

Thanks for the informative post. I have some basic chemistry knowledge, but I guess I never made this particular connection (pH --> residual sugar --> ageability).

I learned something new today... I can go home!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
tnizani wrote:Scott,

Thanks for the informative post. I have some basic chemistry knowledge, but I guess I never made this particular connection (pH --> residual sugar --> ageability).

I learned something new today... I can go home!

pH isn't residual sugar. Your equation kind of looks like that. pH is the biggest factor of ageability. RS is a lesser component. In low levels, it makes the wine less ageable. In high levels (Sauternes), the wine can age for decades.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

Dear Mr. Harvey, thank you for your generous offer, all the interesting facts about winemaking and the opportunity to "pick your brains" here on the Wine Woot forum!! Always an educational day for me, as well as picking up some delicious juice.
PS- Carla, you rock!!!

ego48

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ego48

of all the reasons i've cursed work today, this is by far the most egregious - saw this morning first thing and started purchase, got pulled into conference calls... and when i returned i found the big stupid button un pushed.

i haven't had this vintage, but have purchased multi's of each of the previous.

only trot out on special occasions, with special folks.

Truly great stuff - Thank you Mr. Harvey, both for your participation and producing all this good juice

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
slm9951 wrote:Dear Mr. Harvey, thank you for your generous offer, all the interesting facts about winemaking and the opportunity to "pick your brains" here on the Wine Woot forum!! Always an educational day for me, as well as picking up some delicious juice.
PS- Carla, you rock!!!

I second that. Spoke with both Scott and Carla. All set with wine coming soon. Carla even remembers me and my co-worker whose box we shipped to. What great people.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

JoyceMassalone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoyceMassalone

Mr Harvey Thanks for the bday present to myself!!!! I got 2 early today
With age comes Wisdom!!!!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Glad I got in on this early and it was a great excuse to open a bottle of the 09 to go with my grilled pork tenderloin tonight. Drinking it now and loving it as always.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Lot of Zin lovers here, happy to see everyone so excited and a sell out too boot. Now how bout some Killer Cab?

cortot20

quality posts: 141 Private Messages cortot20
fredrinaldi wrote:Lot of Zin lovers here, happy to see everyone so excited and a sell out too boot. Now how bout some Killer Cab?

Don't you have enough.
Leave some space for other types of wines.

CT

kylemittskus

cortot20 wrote:Don't you have enough.

Fred is perhaps the most myopic wine drinker with whom I've interacted; he drinks CS and CS and occasionally Merlot.

fredrinaldi

kylemittskus wrote:Fred is perhaps the most myopic wine drinker with whom I've interacted; he drinks CS and CS and occasionally Merlot.

myopic OK ....Is that Bad? I like what I like. Other reds are just too weak for me, I like dark hardy wine. Cab fits that bill.

ruzil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruzil

Hey,

Sorry for off topic, but I received a bad couple of bottles on another woot a few months ago. I've sent at least 4 emails and still no satisfaction.

I have been a frequent purchaser on woot and have never had a problem, anyone care to give me any tips to help resolve this.

TIA

fredrinaldi

cortot20 wrote:Don't you have enough.

Guilty as charged I have 50 spaces open in my 200 bottle wine rack, Oh wait, 51 just opened a 2001 Ardente Cab, one rack (99 spaces take is Cab, the 2nd rack has Merlot's, Sangiovese's, Malbec's, Brunello di Montalcino's, Black Zeppelin's, Jena Cathedral'sand some Pino's (Swamie to name one)
not one white though.
bring on the Jan. woot off

fredrinaldi

ruzil wrote:Hey,

Sorry for off topic, but I received a bad couple of bottles on another woot a few months ago. I've sent at least 4 emails and still no satisfaction.

I have been a frequent purchaser on woot and have never had a problem, anyone care to give me any tips to help resolve this.

TIA

Thats surprising, woot has been a five star site for me on returns and bad bottles, Whats up thunderthighs?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ruzil wrote:Hey,

TIA

Sorry for the late reply, and to hear that you experienced issues communicating with Woot Member Services.

I'll forward your post onto Woot and let them know that you haven't heard a response. Thank you for your patience while they get the issue resolved.

I also recommend checking the spam folder of your email provider, as sometimes their email responses get filtered in there...

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
fredrinaldi wrote:myopic OK ....Is that Bad? I like what I like. Other reds are just too weak for me, I like dark hardy wine. Cab fits that bill.

Drink what you like, I say, but it can be fun to expand your horizons little by little. Try venturing into Petite Sirah territory and you may never come back!

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
fredrinaldi wrote:myopic OK ....Is that Bad? I like what I like. Other reds are just too weak for me, I like dark hardy wine. Cab fits that bill.

And you don't like a good PS?!
[edit] and above is what I get for not reading to the end...

CT

ruzil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruzil
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry for the late reply, and to hear that you experienced issues communicating with Woot Member Services.

I'll forward your post onto Woot and let them know that you haven't heard a response. Thank you for your patience while they get the issue resolved.

I also recommend checking the spam folder of your email provider, as sometimes their email responses get filtered in there...

Hey thanks,

This has been going on since September and they respond to my initial email, and every time I have emailed since, but they have not followed up after the initial contact. I might even understand if I were a one time customer, or one who complains alot, but neither applies here, just check my previous purchases since 2005!

Maybe Woot doesn't care about me

kylemittskus

Not bad at all! I think you're missing out on the aforementioned Petite Sirah, though. And you may like some of the heavier-styled zins like Turley.

webdev511

quality posts: 37 Private Messages webdev511
SmilingBoognish wrote:Drink what you like, I say, but it can be fun to expand your horizons little by little. Try venturing into Petite Sirah territory and you may never come back!

Between Dark & Delicious and PS offerings here, yeah I'm all in for PS even if you do have to decant it for a day before you drink it. YUM!

jjfahey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jjfahey

How did I miss this? Ugh

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Cross posting from Cyber-Pub

A couple of days ago we got a case of Scott Harvey Zin delivered. Scott and Carla took care of us in a "no ship" state and gave us the woot price and a good deal on shipping.

Alas, the wine had frozen. Five bottles had protruding corks, including some through the foil.

We got an immediate response to an e-mail. I don't think Carla could have taken off her jacket before she replied. They are going to replace it all. "Don't want to risk it". Though this time, we are smart and asked to hold shipping until March.

What great treatment!! First, when they went out of their way to offer us a great deal, and then to back up a weather caused problem so quickly. We actually felt bad that it got damaged after how well we were treated.

I know I don't expect this kind of treatment in general. It seems to be the norm for the regular winemakers that offer here. But I don't take it for granted.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar