kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

I had no idea that Ruffles cost so much. Like $4.50/bag. F that!

Edit: do I need to say it?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
kylemittskus wrote:I had no idea that Ruffles cost so much. Like $4.50/bag. F that!

But they have Ridges!

CT

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
kylemittskus wrote:I had no idea that Ruffles cost so much. Like $4.50/bag. F that!

Don't shop at rip-off markets and they won't. The same size bag can have wildly different prices printed on it...

kylemittskus

mother wrote:Don't shop at rip-off markets and they won't. The same size bag can have wildly different prices printed on it...

I know. I had to grab them, I was right next to Von's, I'm still mad.

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm

Guys, ddeuddeg & I are asking for your prayers & positive thoughts for our former choir director, Bridget. Over the past months she has undergone a hysterectomy and double mastectomy. Since cancer runs in her father's family and she lost an aunt to breast cancer, she decided to do the double mastectomy. She is 42 years old and just got married about two years ago, We just received this email from her Mom: "a routine CAT scan prior to chemo revealed a spot on her liver, and a subsequent PET scan confirmed it. Suddenly, overnight, we had gone from Stage 2 cancer to Stage 4. I spent the day with her today, first at the hospital where she underwent a liver biopsy and later at her home. By Monday we expect to know how this new malignancy will affect her chemotherapy regimen, which is scheduled to start on Wed.,1/23."

Bridget is one of the sweetest people you'd ever want to know. She and her husband came to our choir party almost two weeks ago. She looked great. According to her Mom, Bridget feels fine. Her parents are good friends of ours, too. Thanks for your support.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Guys, ddeuddeg & I are asking for your prayers & positive thoughts for our former choir director, Bridget. Over the past months she has undergone a hysterectomy and double mastectomy. Since cancer runs in her father's family and she lost an aunt to breast cancer, she decided to do the double mastectomy. She is 42 years old and just got married about two years ago, We just received this email from her Mom: "a routine CAT scan prior to chemo revealed a spot on her liver, and a subsequent PET scan confirmed it. Suddenly, overnight, we had gone from Stage 2 cancer to Stage 4. I spent the day with her today, first at the hospital where she underwent a liver biopsy and later at her home. By Monday we expect to know how this new malignancy will affect her chemotherapy regimen, which is scheduled to start on Wed.,1/23."

Bridget is one of the sweetest people you'd ever want to know. She and her husband came to our choir party almost two weeks ago. She looked great. According to her Mom, Bridget feels fine. Her parents are good friends of ours, too. Thanks for your support.

consider it done. how horrible!!

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

KR 2009 PS 3 pack on wootplus... for those that didn't notice

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bahwm wrote:Guys, ddeuddeg & I are asking for your prayers & positive thoughts for our former choir director, Bridget. Over the past months she has undergone a hysterectomy and double mastectomy. Since cancer runs in her father's family and she lost an aunt to breast cancer, she decided to do the double mastectomy. She is 42 years old and just got married about two years ago, We just received this email from her Mom: "a routine CAT scan prior to chemo revealed a spot on her liver, and a subsequent PET scan confirmed it. Suddenly, overnight, we had gone from Stage 2 cancer to Stage 4. I spent the day with her today, first at the hospital where she underwent a liver biopsy and later at her home. By Monday we expect to know how this new malignancy will affect her chemotherapy regimen, which is scheduled to start on Wed.,1/23."

Done!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Prayers are with her and her family.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Will keep her in my prayers. Where is she getting treated? Roswell? I like Roswell, but if there is anyway for her to get treatment at John Hopkins or Mayo that might be better.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

bahwm and ddeuddeg, consider it done. I hope she pulls through this.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

MarkDaSpark

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
MarkDaSpark wrote:

It's the middle of the night. People are sleeping.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:It's the middle of the night. People are sleeping.

For 11 hours????

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Uh, oh... Guy Fieri is going to start making RRV Pinot Noirs... I'm scared:

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20130118/business/130119430?fb_comment_id=fbc_381862531909120_2291239_382058301889543&tc=ar

Hopefully it will turn out better than his Sam's Club frozen S'mores pizzas:

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:For 11 hours????

You have no idea how much I would love to do that.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:You have no idea how much I would love to do that.

I believe PSquishy & cortot would also love to do that!

ddeuddeg

MarkDaSpark wrote:I believe PSquishy & cortot would also love to do that!

What's with the wink not working? Is it just my computer? I noticed it earlier on one of my posts.

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:What's with the wink not working? Is it just my computer? I noticed it earlier on one of my posts.

It's you.

Probably your computer ... since I've had it happen to me as well in the past. Just give a minute or so.

chemvictim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chemvictim
MarkDaSpark wrote:For 11 hours????

Preferably, yes.

kylemittskus

She screamed for a good 30 minutes twice last night, on top of her general waking up every 2-3 hours...

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ddeuddeg wrote:What's with the wink not working? Is it just my computer? I noticed it earlier on one of my posts.

It's you.

Try clearing your cache. Should.. uh... clear up... the problem.

Geez I'm full of that kind of crap tonight. discover Discover, clear clear up... blah.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:It's you.

Try clearing your cache. Should.. uh... clear up... the problem.

Geez I'm full of that kind of crap tonight. discover Discover, clear clear up... blah.

Must be the heat ...

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:

Must be the heat ...

It was actually quite nice today. Had a high of 45. Could have gone without the article wind gusts, but otherwise it was a medium coat kind of day. Perfect for walking the mile from the dealership to a restaurant for lunch when I brought the car in for service today.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20

I am now sleeping plenty, Operation do not feed the baby after 9pm else he becomes a gremlin was a smashing success. Fed and asleep by 9pm and does not eat again until 7 am. No night crying just the occasional moan that can be solved with a replacing of the pacifier.

Starting to feel normal again.

In other news, we started giving him other foods beyond milk and now his diapers are something to be feared.

CT

kylemittskus

cortot20 wrote:I am now sleeping plenty, Operation do not feed the baby after 9pm else he becomes a gremlin was a smashing success. Fed and asleep by 9pm and does not eat again until 7 am. No night crying just the occasional moan that can be solved with a replacing of the pacifier.

Starting to feel normal again.

In other news, we started giving him other foods beyond milk and now his diapers are something to be feared.

I'd take scary diapers over no sleep any minute of any day.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin

The outfit I've been working for is pulling the plug effective the end of the month and most everything is going, some in payment for services rendered. I may have a chance to pick up some voip phones.

Any thoughts on providers? good/bad/run-away-from?

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:I'd take scary diapers over no sleep any minute of any day.

You guys just have no idea what's coming do you??

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:You guys just have no idea what's coming do you??

Igorance is bliss, my friend!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I have now been initiated into a wine wooter meet-up. Wine and monkeys were had by all.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mommadeb1

spent the day at the county fair... bought a hog and way more plants than I need.... but the kids were trying sooo hard.... couldn't resist..... next week back to the fair to buy a steer... ssoooo glad my kids decided not to be in the fair this year..

kylemittskus

ThunderThighs wrote:I have now been initiated into a wine wooter meet-up. Wine and monkeys were had by all.

Welcome to meeting strangers and then trusting them enough to allow them to give you alcohol!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:Welcome to meeting strangers and then trusting them enough to allow them to give you alcohol!

Yay me! Had some leftover monkeys so I went around the restaurant (very small) and gave some to other customers and answered questions about what we were doing.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to MoonDragon!!

Happy Birthday to MoonDragon!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

mommadeb1

ThunderThighs wrote:I have now been initiated into a wine wooter meet-up. Wine and monkeys were had by all.

congrats!!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Happy Birthday to MoonDragon!!

Happy Birthday to MoonDragon!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

Happy Happy!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Happy Birthday to Moondragon.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm

Happy Birthday, Moondragon!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast