Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake,
Baker's man,
Bake me a cake
As fast as you can;
Prick it and pat it,
And mark it with B,
And put it in the oven
For Baby and me.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of January 7th.

Happy New Year!!! Time to open that wine you've saved for a special occasion!

January 2013
1/19: Austin #1
1/19: NorCal #14: Santa Clara Valley Wines
1/26 - 1/27: Buffalo/WNY #10: Ice Wine Festival (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada)

February 2013
2/22: 2013 Dark & Delicious (Alameda, CA)
2/23 - 2/25: 2013 D&D Napa/Sonoma Weekend

March
TBD: NYC #?: Cupcakes

Pending
TBD: NYC Tasting #21: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

** No changes **

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Quiet pub this morning - what's everyone up to?

I'm just hanging out, really.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
inkycatz wrote:Quiet pub this morning - what's everyone up to?

I've been trying to trace the timeline of when "hooker wear" became "business attire". I think I've traced it back to Pretty Woman.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
bhodilee wrote:I've been trying to trace the timeline of when "hooker wear" became "business attire". I think I've traced it back to Pretty Woman.

To be pedantic, it has always been, by definition, "business attire," :D

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
mother wrote:To be pedantic, it has always been, by definition, "business attire," :D

excellent point. Business attire is defined by the type of work you are doing and in what place. I for one never complain.

CT

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
bhodilee wrote:I've been trying to trace the timeline of when "hooker wear" became "business attire". I think I've traced it back to Pretty Woman.

I was told the story that someone from a Manhattan business was out in San Francisco visiting a satellite site, and remarked on how well dressed all the hookers were. Turns out it was downtown office workers he was observing, smoking outside because indoor smoking was banned.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
cortot20 wrote:excellent point. Business attire is defined by the type of work you are doing and in what place. I for one never complain.

Business attire = sweats and a t-shirt, sometimes accompanied by a bathrobe.

bhodilee

mother wrote:To be pedantic, it has always been, by definition, "business attire," :D

Good point. I wonder if I gave her $50 if she'd just go away for a couple hours.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

JOATMON wrote:I was told the story that someone from a Manhattan business was out in San Francisco visiting a satellite site, and remarked on how well dressed all the hookers were. Turns out it was downtown office workers he was observing, smoking outside because indoor smoking was banned.

That's pretty awesome. In my case, the hooker looker actually dresses like I would imagine an early 90's hooker dressed.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
inkycatz wrote:Quiet pub this morning - what's everyone up to?

And today the world is quiet because everyone is weeping at their desks after looking at their paychecks and seeing the huge decrease in takehome pay due to the jump in Social Security taxes being taken out.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
bhodilee wrote:Good point. I wonder if I gave her $50 if she'd just go away for a couple hours.

To tie the two themes of the thread so far together: "Before or after payroll taxes?" :P

JOATMON wrote:I was told the story that someone from a Manhattan business was out in San Francisco visiting a satellite site, and remarked on how well dressed all the hookers were. Turns out it was downtown office workers he was observing, smoking outside because indoor smoking was banned.

I love this story. :D

I'm just hanging out, really.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
HitAnyKey42 wrote:And today the world is quiet because everyone is weeping at their desks after looking at their paychecks and seeing the huge decrease in takehome pay due to the jump in Social Security taxes being taken out.

And everybody weeping over that have a short term memory. How soon we forget that the SS level is now back to where it was two years ago.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
HitAnyKey42 wrote:And today the world is quiet because everyone is weeping at their desks after looking at their paychecks and seeing the huge decrease in takehome pay due to the jump in Social Security taxes being taken out.

I only wish my paycheck was big enough that 2% amounted to a huge decrease.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!!! here in central Florida is an event called forks and corks.... I missed out on tickets to the event... it appears Ty Caton, Pedroncelli vineyards plus who knows who else I don't know about will be here!! grrrr.... oh well I have the knowledge that I will be in CA soon!!!

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!!! here in central Florida is an event called forks and corks.... I missed out on tickets to the event... it appears Ty Caton, Pedroncelli vineyards plus who knows who else I don't know about will be here!! grrrr.... oh well I have the knowledge that I will be in CA soon!!!

With a whole lot of us!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Why is the pub soooo dead this week?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bahwm

kylemittskus wrote:Why is the pub soooo dead this week?

I'm exhausted! We had a house full of dinner guests on Sunday--just family, but we were 9 in all. We had our final, hopefully, final, fundraiser pickup today. Pickup was from 3 - 6. For the first time ever, we had everything picked up by 5:55! We're really happy about that since this was frozen foods! Although, it is now 28 degrees outside. We could have stored the items that were not picked up in our trunks overnight.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

That was your first post, so why don't you tell us. ;)

cortot20

4th night of weening our 5 month old boy off of night feedings.
1st night was miserable
2nd night we all slept like we were dead
3rd night we all slept well. Baby woke up at 4 and required some convincing that it wasn't time for breakfast.
4th evening so far, he is super grumpy and is waking up every 1/2 hour.

CT

bhodilee

chemvictim wrote:I only wish my paycheck was big enough that 2% amounted to a huge decrease.

Thank you! I was thinking I must be the least paid person here because it's not really affecting my bottom line enough to make me ANGRY. Plus it was called a "holiday" holiday's end. Deal with it.

bhodilee

JOATMON wrote:And everybody weeping over that have a short term memory. How soon we forget that the SS level is now back to where it was two years ago.

This also makes perfect sense.

bhodilee

My wife got me the collected The Walking Dead books so I've been pretty much engrossed with Zombies for the better part of a week.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
bhodilee wrote:My wife got me the collected The Walking Dead books so I've been pretty much engrossed with Zombies for the better part of a week.

Thought that was how you described your usual workday.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bhodilee

polarbear22 wrote:Thought that was how you described your usual workday.

Fewer headshots

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:With a whole lot of us!

I CAN"T wait!!!! I am trying to be good and not order wine.... saving my $ for the trip!!!

mommadeb1

cortot20 wrote:4th night of weening our 5 month old boy off of night feedings.
1st night was miserable
3rd night we all slept well. Baby woke up at 4 and required some convincing that it wasn't time for breakfast.

I am trying to remember what mine did at 5 months... I'm pretty sure we had a 3/4 am feeding.... maybe more during growing spurts!!

mommadeb1

sparky PM for you

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Been crazy busy with work. I decided after being up working til 2am last night that I would take this evening off.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:Been crazy busy with work. I decided after being up working til 2am last night that I would take this evening off.

you deserve to take the evening off!

bahwm

cheron98 wrote:Been crazy busy with work. I decided after being up working til 2am last night that I would take this evening off.

I wondered why you played a word that late!

bahwm

Back to work.

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
bahwm wrote:Back to work.

Ahhhh, work? In what TZ are you habitating?

CT

bahwm

rjquillin wrote:Ahhhh, work? In what TZ are you habitating?

Eastern. You know, School teachers. Have all that time off . . .

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
cortot20 wrote:4th night of weening our 5 month old boy off of night feedings.
1st night was miserable

Em woke up every hour last night from teething. We haven't worked on the "you don't need to eat every 4 hours" deal yet. When does it get better?!?!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

bahwm wrote:Eastern. You know, School teachers. Have all that time off . . .

Thought so. Night school; totally understand now.

CT

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:Em woke up every hour last night from teething. We haven't worked on the "you don't need to eat every 4 hours" deal yet. When does it get better?!?!

When they start drinking your cellar?

CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:Em woke up every hour last night from teething. We haven't worked on the "you don't need to eat every 4 hours" deal yet. When does it get better?!?!

When they're about 30.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cortot20

Our boy is clocking in at 20+ pounds, so we decided he didn't need to eat at night any more.

CT

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

It's SWMBO bday today. She's on call, and I'm going to be working late...sigh

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir