• 7% - In a wine cooler 67
  • 22.4% - On a rack 214
  • 10.5% - In the fridge 100
  • 8.7% - On the counter 83
  • 20.5% - In my belly 196
  • 23.2% - A combo of the above 222
  • 2.6% - Other (comments, please) 25
956 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

JeffRH

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JeffRH

Almost answered "in my belly," but then it's not stored. It's used....

1. 0703.22 (First Woot!)

wearemany

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wearemany
JeffRH wrote:Almost answered "in my belly," but then it's not stored. It's used....

It was a test, you passed.

46&2

quality posts: 7 Private Messages 46&2

Shipping boxes, shipping boxes everywhere

bblhed

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bblhed

In a drawer, it stays on it's side in the dark yet it is close at hand.

SneezyKevinA

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SneezyKevinA

I have what is an old root cellar and we store wine and wood pellets in it. I figure both keep you warm so it's a good mix.

cisforcookie1985

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cisforcookie1985

I'm not a wine-o, so I don't store any wine. I just love woot so I check wine woot while I'm here.

mgodawski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgodawski

Forgive me if i'm making a complete faux pas but i like to put my wine in a cupboard in the kitchen. I only buy red wine and even though the bottles are green, i still want a still, dark place to stand my bottles where the temperature doesn't fluctuate very much. I don't generally worry about not storing bottles on their sides because my wine bottles don't stay around THAT long... and i've not been a wine drinker for long enough to buy cases and cases of the red "nectar of the gods" anyway.

Tchuss!

--its the Shendy principle

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1

I have a cool dark area of my basement that I use to store my wine. I have been keeping all of it in the boxes I bought it in, or the shipping containers. Well, that has gotten out of control. So, I am in the process of making wine storage racks that will fit this special area of my basement. The racks will hold approximately 140 bottles of wine....I told my wife last night that is phase 1 (you should have seen the look on her face!) W/ Woot and other sources, my collection has now surpassed the space of my new racks. Such a problem to have!!!!

aimeevaldez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aimeevaldez

My husband built me a custom wine cabinet. It's recessed in the wall and stays fairly dark. I've filled it now, thanks to woot!! LOL. He told me I need to slow down.

SneezyKevinA

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SneezyKevinA
mrn1 wrote:I have a cool dark area of my basement that I use to store my wine. I have been keeping all of it in the boxes I bought it in, or the shipping containers. Well, that has gotten out of control. So, I am in the process of making wine storage racks that will fit this special area of my basement. The racks will hold approximately 140 bottles of wine....I told my wife last night that is phase 1 (you should have seen the look on her face!) W/ Woot and other sources, my collection has now surpassed the space of my new racks. Such a problem to have!!!!

I custom made 2 racks that hold roughly 120 each. The bottom racks are designed to hold magnum bottles. I have also fastened them to the wall so there's no chance of them falling over. They aren't real pretty but functional. ~$40 each plus my time.

cortot20

quality posts: 161 Private Messages cortot20

I had a nice dark cool closet that was perfect for wine storage and then I got one of those new fangled baby things and now my storage is now baby stuff storage.

So I bought a cooler and it sits in my office humming nicely.

CT

a04971xx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages a04971xx

In the case

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders

I built racks and bins in the basement that will hold about 350 bottles. Unfortunately I have about 600, thanks to ww (and others). I'm on a SIWBM for 2013 that is still successful, but I am itchin' for a deal.