Walnut City WineWorks 2010 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir 5-Pack
$87.99 (Normally $146.16) 40% off List Price
2010 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

It may be a screwy top, but the numbers on this look compelling.
Do I really care about LIVE/Salmon Safe Certification?

Hoping we'll have some tasting notes on this one.

CT

jjfahey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jjfahey

Drinking window anybody?

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday
rjquillin wrote:

I have no idea whether you do or not. Glad we had this chat.

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:It may be a screwy top, but the numbers on this look compelling.

From someone who could care less about salmon, I say you should not care about salmon or the certifications that they give out for not peeing in their pool.

CT

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday
cortot20 wrote:From someone who could care less about salmon, I say you should not care about salmon or the certifications that they give out for not peeing in their pool.

Fair enough. Apathetic, at best, but fair.

If you DO care about environmental issues, the certs are actually pretty important up here. But it has zero effect on the flavor or quality of the wine, it's more of a "vote with your dollar" type of thing I suppose.

socwallace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages socwallace

sorry to say I saw a rating of less than 82. Even if that's wrong and the rating is actually 86 or 87... I still don't think it's worth the money.

smcannally

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smcannally
socwallace wrote:sorry to say I saw a rating of less than 82. Even if that's wrong and the rating is actually 86 or 87... I still don't think it's worth the money.

Normally that would be enough to spook me, but there are only two ratings. The guy with the 86 has 845 tasting notes and the guy who gave it a 77 has 14. This isn't scientific but I'm inclined to discount the second rating.

So I'm on the fence, waiting on something to push me one way or the other...

kingsleyr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kingsleyr
socwallace wrote:sorry to say I saw a rating of less than 82. Even if that's wrong and the rating is actually 86 or 87... I still don't think it's worth the money.

S/He also gave the classic "I don't understand willamette pinot" response, while another reviewer comments on the intensity of the flavor... so at least one of them is clueless.

mc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mc

The type of cork or bottle closure should be listed in the specs of every Woot wine.

mc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mc
mc wrote:The type of cork or bottle closure should be listed in the specs of every Woot wine.

My first post on Woot wine and I have to say, I really like this avatar!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Points are stupid, especially when they come from a person whose palate you have no understanding of. And yes; I'm ending my sentence with a preposition.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny
mc wrote:My first post on Woot wine and I have to say, I really like this avatar!

That is because a Fez always gives a person an air of prestige, not to mention the "popped collar" always adds some je ne sais quoi.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
funbunny wrote:That is because a Fez always gives a person an air of prestige, not to mention the "popped collar" always adds some je ne sais quoi.

...and holding a glass of wine!

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman

Points in general are stupid, cellartracker points even more so. CT has tons of amazing features and benefits, but using a 100 point scale is not one of them. The three reviews on CT are marginally helpful, if at all, because they don't tell you a whole lot about the actual wine. The real power of CT reviews comes from 15+ that have actual descriptions of the wine. Then you can actually get the information to decide if a wine is something *you* are likely to enjoy.

Of course, if you prefer to only buy anything with 85+ points then that's fine too.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
mc wrote:The type of cork or bottle closure should be listed in the specs of every Woot wine.

Usually you can tell this by looking at the picture. This one is a prime example.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

Searayjim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Searayjim

I don't think I've ever seen this many comments on a wine and nothing about the wine yet. I look to others to influence me....I'm ok with screwy too.

So, this stuff go well with Snikers or Nacho Doritos? (kidding, but I really do like to read good feedback on the wine)

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny
jmdavidson wrote:...and holding a glass of wine!

That goes without saying.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

gjmonevine

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gjmonevine

Well the wine is very good with salmon in particular. This is a blended wine from several different vineyards across Willamette Valley, all farmed by the owners of WCWW. A true vintage expression of Pinot from WV, bing cherry, a touch of cinnamon and holiday spice with a light touch of oak. Easy to drink now, I'd give this wine a 5 year drinking window.

rjquillin wrote:It may be a screwy top, but the numbers on this look compelling.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
gjmonevine wrote:Well the wine is very good with salmon in particular. This is a blended wine from several different vineyards across Willamette Valley, all farmed by the owners of WCWW. A true vintage expression of Pinot from WV, bing cherry, a touch of cinnamon and holiday spice with a light touch of oak. Easy to drink now, I'd give this wine a 5 year drinking window.

Thanks for joining us! Are you the winemaker? Owner? Inside man? Person in the know?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen